An apology to anyone I have offended or been an ass to. - Page 6

An apology to anyone I have offended or been an ass to.

This is a discussion on An apology to anyone I have offended or been an ass to. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm off work @ 6:30, anytime after is fine. Class all day tomorrow with Rob Tackett....

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree514Likes

Thread: An apology to anyone I have offended or been an ass to.

I'm off work @ 6:30, anytime after is fine. Class all day tomorrow with Rob Tackett.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Appalachian Concealment

I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Yes, I was stupid and childish. It’s hard for me to look at that and think of how stupid I was.

Hopefully, in the near future, I can share what has happened and why, and the nuts and bolts of it all.....when I understand it:)

Lets just say that I probably should have addressed this in 1993, but I never would have thought about it then or guessed I had an issue!
    You're being too hard on yourself. We have all done things that make us regretful. You've taken the first step.

25 years is a long time to battle demons. I hope you find peace soon.

We all want to help however we can. Remember that, and don't be afraid to ask.
    kuux, Risasi, gasmitty and 5 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    You're being too hard on yourself. We have all done things that make us regretful. You've taken the first step.

25 years is a long time to battle demons. I hope you find peace soon.

We all want to help however we can. Remember that, and don't be afraid to ask.
    Well said.
    U.S. Marine Corps 1964 - 1968

U.S. Army 1969 - 1973

USCCA

Nice of you to have disclosed. I am sure you have been forgiven.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

VIP Member
    Gman.. I wrung out my crying towel';we're great .
    OldVet and ghost tracker like this.
    EN MI VIDA AL MAL NO TEMER…, POR QUE EN MI CORAZ”N Y MIS DOS .38 SUPER COLT.

The Totalitarian State in America will not arise at the point of a gun. It will come with a message of

"We only want what's best for you. It's for your own good."

I nominate gaitorbait and glockman to moderate the new sensitivity training DC subforum.
    maxwell97 and Secret Spuk like this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Administrator

Thumbs up

It's difficult to peer inside oneself with questions and actually discover truthful answers. Tougher yet to attempt to act and morph on those truths.

That having been said - changing the past is impossible, changing the present is certainly doable, and our respective futures begin in every instant of our present.

We are all flawed human beings. It is the nature of being human. The only thing that we will ever be capable of would be making an honest attempt at being a somewhat better (but still flawed) human.

Your thread and post is exactly what makes us unique on this planet.

Our downright amazing ability as humans to be introspective.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

sgb
    " It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it, but if you have to play ..... play to WIN!!!"
    Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

We're all fallible and imperfect human beings. The best I can recommend is the pursuit of an impeccable character, in full awarenes that none of us will ever truly get there.

Whatever our character traits are today, we can always do better, and the effort of improving is usually appreciated by those around us, especially those closest to us. Keep pushing that rock up the hill, it's worth it.

BTW, G-man, other than a few internet exchanges that could be interpreted many ways, I've not seen anything that would make me question your character. At times I've seen you display patience and redirection to stay on topic better than most and I respect that. Also appreciate the wisdom you've shared with me; on the whole, you've been a posititive influence.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    I nominate gaitorbait and glockman to moderate the new sensitivity training DC subforum.
    Better them than me. I'm more the tar & feathers type. Then run them out on a rail.

Name:  bbc.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  22.4 KB
    kuux, QKShooter and matthew03 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    I never noticed anything and if I missed something it matters not. Takes a good man to air his faults. Well done sir, well done. Onward and upward.
    QKShooter likes this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

G-man.. if people are offended by your nature, they need to toughen up. You are straight forwards and take no crap but that's hardly anything worth apologizing for. Heck man, I am 10x more abrasive than you. Now with all this... you are causing me to conduct some introspection ( and I don't like introspection).

I don't know about anyone else but I would greatly appreciate it if you would continue to be a jackass. Thank you
    G-man*, airslot and matthew03 like this.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

VIP Member
    @Fizban , I'm pretty sure anyone upset with @G-man* has gotten over it in the last two years.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    @Fizban , I'm pretty sure anyone upset with @G-man* has gotten over it in the last two years.
    hahahahah! oh snap! I had no idea it was that old, I searched for threads active in the past 2 weeks LOL
    G-man* and airslot like this.
    Think like a man of action - Act like a man of thought

Quote Originally Posted by Fizban View Post
    hahahahah! oh snap! I had no idea it was that old, I searched for threads active in the past 2 weeks LOL
    Lol, your dragging up the ghosts from my past!

I went thru a few rough spells over the years. After retirement some of the demons caught up with me from the past.

But thanks for your thoughts. I’m feeling much better now:)
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links