An apology to anyone I have offended or been an ass to.

This is a discussion on An apology to anyone I have offended or been an ass to. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Looking up this definition of apology, I found the following; ” a regretful acknowledgment of an offensive or failure”. Over the course of time, I ...

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree514Likes

Thread: An apology to anyone I have offended or been an ass to.

Looking up this definition of apology, I found the following;

” a regretful acknowledgment of an offensive or failure”.

Over the course of time, I have come to realize I have some personality issues that need to be addressed that not only cause offense and hurt for other people, but also harm myself.

I have been aware of this for sometime, and I suppose, according to what I have read on the topic may stem from certain environmental or emotional injuries in early developmental stages.
    I have issues with being unnecessarily confrontational, anger, impulsive actions of thought and speech, and at times just being a general ass.

None the less, there is no excuse, and it is not who I want to be. But it is a real ongoing struggle.

Having said that, what I really want to say is I am sorry for any harsh words I have had with members here on this forum, and I sincerely mean that.

I find this to be a much harder and painful thing to do than I originally thought.
    Admitting failure is a hard, emotional pill for me to swallow.
    But to be the person I want to be, I have got to start somewhere.

Thank you for reading and hopefully understanding.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

I don't do things that feel unnatural to me so I will not be joining you on this journey of kindness, if you feel the need to backslide I will be happy to trade barbs and insults with you while you regroup, good luck on the kinder, gentler , G'Man
    Gabill, G-man*, Struckat and 3 others like this.
    If it needs to be done, do it.
    Diligentia, Vis, Celeritas

If this was OldVet I wouldn't be buying it !!!!
    Glock 19 Gen4
    Glock 43
    CZ P10 S

I have the Right to remain silent....just NOT the ability !!!
    Carry Safe & Train hard !!

I had many of the same issues you speak of GMan. For years I was pretty much aware of what I was doing but with no understanding of how I got to where I was. Somewhere along the line I became interested in Zen Buddhism and I did a lot of reading and eventually began rather clumsily to practice Insight Meditation. I'm certainly no expert and I most certainly won't preach but I can say meditation has resulted in some really hard, sometimes painful looks at myself and has helped me understand much of what made me tick and, hopefully I'm a little easier to be around, or at least a little less hurtful than I used to be. Awareness is a good step toward some positive change.

I haven’t noticed any problems. Sometimes I think on the internet, things are interpreted differently than people intend, but overall, I think people just need to not be offended so easily.
    We get the government we deserve.

Name:  Angry.jpg
Views: 407
Size:  13.8 KB
    kerberos, OldVet, G-man* and 6 others like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Distinguished Member Array Militant's Avatar
    kerberos, OldVet, kuux and 5 others like this.
    HK USP Compact .45 stainless HK USP Compact .40 stainless HK USP Compact .45
    HK USP Compact 9mm HK 45c HK P30 HK P30sk HK VP9 HK VP9sk

“A man’s rights rest in three boxes: the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box” - Frederick Douglas

I never noticed a problem with your posts.

Just keep saying what you think.

I applaud your courage Glockman. I too suffer from anger issues at times. Mine stem from past experiences, hardships, guilt...etc. etc. The easiest one to "blame" is others. It takes courage and humility to look at ourselves and deal with such issues. Not sure where you are in your faith and I don't want to sound like I'm "Bible thumping", but what I do is pray...plain and simple discussion with God. Nothing fancy, no fancy words...just ask God to take away that anger, one day at a time. Again...FOR ME...it helps me get through the day.

Again...thanks for sharing.
    Have I not commanded you, Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. Joshua 1:9

Distinguished Member Array marshallman's Avatar
    I'm not as regular as I want to be on here, but you have been more than helpful to me!
    "Life's tough. Life's tougher when you're stupid."- John Wayne

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    I block people like that. I only have 1 person blocked here, and you are not it.

Besides, the jabs weed out the snowflakes who probably shouldn't own a gun anyway, such a violent peacenik group!
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

Distinguished Member Array marshallman's Avatar
    I'm not as regular as I want to be on here, but you have been more than helpful to me!
    G-man* and gatorbait51 like this.
    "Life's tough. Life's tougher when you're stupid."- John Wayne

I’d certainly hope that nobody would take any messages posted on a gun message board to heart enough to be offended in the first place.

I have not seen the posts that you are talking about. If you have a thin skin you don't belong on the Forum or the internet. I wish you well on your journey to over come the problem or situation you fell you have. None of us are perfect.
    G-man*, OldChap, airslot and 1 others like this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Senior Member Array Chicagobill's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Specializedjon View Post
    I applaud your courage Glockman. I too suffer from anger issues at times. Mine stem from past experiences, hardships, guilt...etc. etc. The easiest one to "blame" is others. It takes courage and humility to look at ourselves and deal with such issues. Not sure where you are in your faith and I don't want to sound like I'm "Bible thumping", but what I do is pray...plain and simple discussion with God. Nothing fancy, no fancy words...just ask God to take away that anger, one day at a time. Again...FOR ME...it helps me get through the day.

Again...thanks for sharing.
    Same here! All of the above. After years of the same issues and being a believer, regular Bible reader. I realized God has given me the strength to stop it. Praying is the key, but you also have to take that step, which you just have.
    Blessings

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links