Random Thoughts (Part2) - Page 36

Random Thoughts (Part2)

This is a discussion on Random Thoughts (Part2) within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; @ OldVet . It's some weird thing where 8+5=13 but they bet it by going 8+2=10 and then add the remaining 3 from the 5 ...

Page 36 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast
Like Tree3827Likes

Thread: Random Thoughts (Part2)

@OldVet . It's some weird thing where 8+5=13 but they bet it by going 8+2=10 and then add the remaining 3 from the 5 to get 13
    Redbert31 and Sister like this.
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

VIP Member
    A young Arab boy asks his father “What is that strange hat you are wearing?”
    The father said: “Why, my son, it is a ‘chechia.’ In the desert it protects our heads from the intense heat of the sun.”

“And what is the long flowing robe you are wearing?” asked the boy.
    “Oh, my son!” exclaimed the father “It is very simple. This is a ‘djbellah.’ As I have told you, in the desert it is not only very hot, but the sand is always blowing. My djbellah protects the entire body,”

The son then asked: “But Father, what about those ugly shoes you have on your feet?”
    “These are ‘babouches’ my son,” the father replied. You must understand that although the desert sands are very beautiful, they are also extremely hot. These babouches’ keep us from burning our feet.”

“So tell me then,” added the boy.
    “Yes, my son…”

“Why are you living in Minnesota and still wearing all this ****?"

Hawker800, OldVet, Sister and 4 others like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Deep Thoughts By Jack Handy; “If one pill makes you larger and another pill makes you small as at the popular pro American song goes if you take two will you be larger or smaller than before or will you remain the same size if you counteracted them with the opposit?”
    Trust God, He is in control.

UDC member

EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF

Here's two Rum Runners and a rum & Coke to you guys.

Name:  paradise.jpg
Views: 61
Size:  37.6 KB
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
    A coworker of mine was talking about the math she is learning (she's 8). I guess I had a confused look on my face, so he showed me a video of this common core math. What the heck were they thinking with that?
    Common core math doesn’t confuse me as much as wondering why you have an 8 year old as a coworker.
    msgt/ret, craze, OldVet and 1 others like this.

Send bachelors and come heavily armed.

Black Rifles Matter

LOL good catch. That's what I get for posting late at night. It was the coworker's niece that was learning the math. What part got me was all the extra work involved.
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

flh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Random Thoughts (Part2)-img_1449.jpg  

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    Now that is one heck of an idea.... if my mother in law wasnt passed already, I might be tempted to do the same. Still not sure why my father in law kept her...
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

Pot shops in Oregon outnumber Starbucks by about two to one now. They are hiring budtenders according to signs.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    If only my M-in-L could read...
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    Pot shops in Oregon outnumber Starbucks by about two to one now. They are hiring budtenders according to signs.
    Since I have neglected to mark my resume as inactive on indeed, I get emails at least twice a week, with budtender being a job to apply for. Personally, I think they can shove those pot shops where the sun doesn't shine. Unfortunately, with the millennials and liberals running around, more states are going to legalize it. Eventually the only way to avoid it will be to build a compound out in the boonies somewhere.
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

flh
    As it should be
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Random Thoughts (Part2)-img_1462.jpg  

Go Pack Go

Don't try to get into my head there's barely enough room for me in there .

Sonic .

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    If their hiring practices are better than Starbucks why not. They hire Americans and Veterns I’m all for it, would prolly be a fun job - I’d love it, would mess with folks heads all day making up things that aren’t there then charging them for it
    LimaCharlie and Rockymonster like this.
    Trust God, He is in control.

UDC member

EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF

Many people who want to be liberated from life's drudgery of supporting themselves by having a generous government provide an income for them do not understand that when a person owes someone or something else (like a government) for their livelihood then the one they owe has the power to restrict their freedom.

True liberty is to be self sufficient owing no one (including a government) for anything preventing anyone from having the power to limit or restrict liberty.

Of course true liberty is an ideal and the reality of life must be dealt with in a practical manner in order to survive yet striving for liberty should be life's real purpose.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    If their hiring practices are better than Starbucks why not. They hire Americans and Veterns I’m all for it, would prolly be a fun job - I’d love it, would mess with folks heads all day making up things that aren’t there then charging them for it
    Kinda like the folks working the gun counter at Cabela’s.......
    montejames and Sister like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Page 36 of 81 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links