How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... - Page 10

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

This is a discussion on How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ...

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree1962Likes

Thread: How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-pups....jpg
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

And Shepards we shall be, for Thee, my Lord, for Thee,
    Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, So that our feet may swiftly carry out thy command,
    And we shall flow a river forth to Thee, And teeming with souls shall it ever be,

Thanksgiving Day on a little hike, GSD is 7 months old.
    How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-thanksgiving.jpg
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Distinguished Member
    Being today is Veterans Day I thought I would share this here ...https://abcnews.go.com/US/slain-navy...ry?id=14378885

They say that a dog is a man's best friend, and for Navy SEAL Jon Tumilson, 35, and his beloved and loyal dog Hawkeye, not even death could break this powerful bond.

At Tumilson's funeral in Rockford on Aug. 19, his beloved canine lay at the foot of the casket throughout the ceremony. Tumilson's cousin Lisa Pembleton took the heart-wrenching photo of the devoted dog, known to Tumilson's family and friends as his "son."

Attached Thumbnails

Blink......blink, blink........I need a tissue.......
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy."

Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Thanksgivings over, time for pet Christmas pics.!!!
    Almost 7.5 months old, 64# about 22'' at shoulder
    How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-holidaygsdpup.jpg
    Sister, JeffreyR, Pete63 and 10 others like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Took this one yesterday evening, he’s growing so fast! Has gained bout 10 lbs since we’ve had him, weighed 70# at vet a week ago. Still chewing a lot, teeth sharp as heck!

Proved his “Big Boy” voice when hearing noises outside, sounds twice his size! Good Dog!

Looking more and more like Dobie father but does have a fuzzy long tail, part squirrel maybe?

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-0ba6b5e6-9a79-4e23-8a73-9a3205bbe859.jpeg
    JeffreyR, Pete63, CDW4ME and 12 others like this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Took this one yesterday evening, he’s growing so fast! Has gained bout 10 lbs since we’ve had him, weighed 70# at vet a week ago. Still chewing a lot, teeth sharp as heck!

Proved his “Big Boy” voice when hearing noises outside, sounds twice his size! Good Dog!

Looking more and more like Dobie father but does have a fuzzy long tail, part squirrel maybe?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	0BA6B5E6-9A79-4E23-8A73-9A3205BBE859.jpeg 
Views:	14 
Size:	760.4 KB 
ID:	284866
    That is a HANDSOME dog, Sister !
    Sister, OldChap, Pete63 and 5 others like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    Good looking dog.
    Prong collar and "choker" collar, yet he is still smiling.

My 7 month old GSD has a prong and choker collar too, only wears one on walks.
    I have a 2 3/4 year old English Bulldog that would pull hard on leash when he was 6 months -> year old; once he was about year & half I started using a slip rope leash which I saw on Caesar Dog Whisperer, it only took a short time to correct the Bulldog, he walks on a loose leash now (barring something like the garbage truck passing by). I feel like if I can get that stubborn beast to walk correctly (loose leash) it should have been easy for a "obedient" breed like GSD.
    Back to the GSD, he has a built in GPS and knows when we turn toward home, typically no pulling walking away from home, tension walking toward home, not pulling hard just keeping tension on the leash. I've tried stopping, walking back the other direction, positive practice, treats, slip leash, choker collar, prong collar, harness.
    Admittedly, I walk slow, the only time my wife walked at my pace was when she was far along in pregnancy, so I'm certain my normal pace is torturous for a high energy dog (pup). Three months ago I hurt my knee, bad, my normal "energy conserving" pace was reduced to sloth, so the dog has had to contend with me walking him at sloth pace for about 3 months. I'm finally able to jog short distances again, when I said "jog" the dog looked at me like Really!!!
    He does better if I can jog him some going away from home and then jog him toward home when he is not pulling, get some of his energy out; if I know I'm gonna try to jog him I put the harness on him so he doesn't choke himself, he pulls hard enough jogging to be a sled dog; I can envision a kid in a red wagon being pulled about 20 mph down the road if the dog was harnessed to the wagon.
    I keep him by my side anytime he pulls (tension on leash) when walking; if he walks loose leash then I give him extra leash for walking without tension.
    He learns everything else quickly, I am attributing this one issue to me being slow and him being an excited pup. We will get there.
    @CDW4ME & @Mike1956 , My "dobbie" has 3 collars also.#1 Web collar with tags.#2 Prong collar, because she's taken to be a "hard head"! #3 Training collar-see #2!
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

VIP Member
    O K, it's CDW's fault!

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-100_0101.jpg
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Distinguished Member Array 1MoreFord's Avatar

Good looking pooch! I like mutts so much since most of us are one!

I only have two. My ole(actually ancient) fellow is a Boxer/Chow mix and the new guy is a fat/sassy Carolina Dog mix.

My new pooch looks a lot like your's in the face except he has Shepard like stand up monster ears. My vet said he looks like he has some dobie in him. His coloring offers a hint too.
    OldChap, CWOUSCG, Sister and 1 others like this.
    Joe

A stay rescued can be the most loyal of all, serious eye's, love him hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    Being today is Veterans Day I thought I would share this here ...https://abcnews.go.com/US/slain-navy...ry?id=14378885

They say that a dog is a man's best friend, and for Navy SEAL Jon Tumilson, 35, and his beloved and loyal dog Hawkeye, not even death could break this powerful bond.

At Tumilson's funeral in Rockford on Aug. 19, his beloved canine lay at the foot of the casket throughout the ceremony. Tumilson's cousin Lisa Pembleton took the heart-wrenching photo of the devoted dog, known to Tumilson's family and friends as his "son."

Attached Thumbnails

Blink......blink, blink........I need a tissue.......
    Hope he can fit in with someone, and get the good life, lord knows he deserves it.
    Pass the hanky

Snow comes and goes, and the red dog is still watching, always watching
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Max, smile for a pic.
    Max: "I am smiling"
    How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-bulldogsmile.jpg
    flh, michel093, Struckat and 12 others like this.

Loved this thread!

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-img-20181124-wa0004.jpg
    This is Catiorinha, I have no ideia what's her breed is because she was already adult when I adopted her and she was homeless dog back then.

She loves car rides, a lot!
    flh, Struckat, JeffreyR and 11 others like this.

Name:  dog-car-001.gif
Views: 83
Size:  1.06 MB

Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links