How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... - Page 15

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

This is a discussion on How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Our rescue pup 11 year old now loves the groomers, after her initial reluctance. She loves the attention. The other two are just attention sluts ...

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast
Like Tree2472Likes

Thread: How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

Senior Moderator
    Our rescue pup 11 year old now loves the groomers, after her initial reluctance. She loves the attention. The other two are just attention sluts and adore grooming.

The older I get, the more I like dogs better than Owners, present company excepted.
    CWOUSCG, OldChap, CDW4ME and 9 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    Our rescue pup 11 year old now loves the groomers, after her initial reluctance. She loves the attention. The other two are just attention sluts and adore grooming.

The older I get, the more I like dogs better than Owners, present company excepted.
    No doubt.

The GSD and Bulldog are my buddies.

I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Senior Moderator
    How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-tri-dog.jpg

ours

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-20181224_214847.jpg

This is Xena. She was a lab/shar pei mix. I lost her to undiagnosed cancer. She had a large tumor on her spleen that ruptured. If the vet had caught it when she first showed symptoms of the rupture, she might very well still be with me. The emergency vet caught it on March 1st this year. By the time the issue was found, there wasn't much in the way of options. Surgery was an option, however the mean time a dog survives after a surgery of this type was only 3 months. The only other real option was to put her to sleep. She passed 10 days before her 13th birthday. Theres obviously a hole in my life from her being gone.

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-20190309_161717.jpg

This is Pixel. He is a min pin dachshund mix. We've had him since 2004 or 2005. He just turned 15 or 16 (the wife and I disagree on this). Poor guy has cataracts, is a bit hard of hearing, and a hernia the size of a softball. The vet recommended the hernia be left unless it effects his quality of life. He's been lost for about 3 weeks now, having outlived 2 other dogs, Dori (I dont have a picture of on my phone) who passed from misdiagnosis of heart worms when bloat was the issue, in 2006, and then Xena this year.
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

Senior Moderator
    They all rip out our hearts too soon.
    OD*, Rockymonster, Snub44 and 9 others like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock and Glock View Post
    They all rip out our hearts too soon.
    I find that the pain is requisite with the love we gave them and received from them in return.....
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy. - Joe Lewis

Im not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a little dirty.....

A GROUCHY German is a Sour Kraut....

Thanks guys. I appreciate it. It's been rough, keep turning around expecting to see her.
    1987-1991 Army Guard/Regular Army
    1996-2014 Navy- Retired

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    My daughter painted a portrait of her dog yesterday.
    I've never seen her paint like this.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    sammeow, CDW4ME, OD* and 16 others like this.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    She's quite good.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, dont give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Distinguished Member Array riverrambler's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    looks like a coyote
    Looks like Wile E. Coyote
    I didn't attend his funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
    Mark Twain

Max doesn't like having his picture taken, hard to get him looking at the camera.
    How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-max3years.jpg

Comparatively, Loki doesn't mind having pics of him taken.
    How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-loki11months.jpg
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

This is Rosie. She's fast as +P 9mm polymer round, and dumb as the brass casing. About 4yo, the only things I've been able to teach her is her name and housebreaking. Nothing more joy-inducing than playing with a dumb dog. She's a keeper for sure!
    OldChap, OD*, CWOUSCG and 8 others like this.

Out for lunch:
    How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-lokilunch.jpg

Relaxing on the deck:
    How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-maxpose.jpg
    Sister, OD*, Rockymonster and 6 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Workaholic View Post
    Thanks guys. I appreciate it. It's been rough, keep turning around expecting to see her.
    Im sorry for your loss. We lost our black lab last Fall, we lost one of our cats just over a week ago (he was pitiful at 18) and the other cat has a death sentence of around a year, slow cancer.

The good news, found a pitiful pup on Craigs list that was living in the woods - we didnt wait long at all, and Jimbo has I think done more for us than we have done for him! Laughter in the house all the time, hes a hoot. Dont think Id wait again the next time either. For our home its just too empty without a dog.

Not pitiful anymore! 😊
    How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-ea85dee8-a35f-447b-ac4d-298cd71a4716.jpeg
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

My wife and I rescue strays, mainly felines. We strongly advocate chipping domestic animals to locate the original owners should they stray. We were recently able to locate the owners of a stray male feline through our local humane shelter this way.

We currently care for eight adopted felines, and have found good homes for numerous other abandoned felines and canines.

This is a pic of Scotty, who outlived his former caretaker, and ended-up on display at a local PetsMart store where we discovered him. He is now sixteen and still as affectionate as ever.

OD*, Sister, Rockymonster and 6 others like this.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links