How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... - Page 17

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

This is a discussion on How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This pup learns quick, he comes to his name and just about understands sit. Pieces of meat / jerky treats are a good motivator....

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast
Like Tree3330Likes

Thread: How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

This pup learns quick, he comes to his name and just about understands sit.
    Pieces of meat / jerky treats are a good motivator.
    How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-begging.jpg
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    This pup learns quick, he comes to his name and just about understands sit.
    Pieces of meat / jerky treats are a good motivator.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	begging.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	62.8 KB 
ID:	294200
    Aww! Duke you so smart! I'd come to my name for beef jerky too! (Helpful hint: my vet warns me to get jerky you're absolutely sure comes from USA meat... She treated a dog for intestinal torsion from jerky from overseas.. Surgery was $$$$$ and it swelled in his intestine and would have been fatal in another day... And give that jerky sparingly in very small bites) Larger breed dogs and horses are sometimes subject to intestinal torsion- I'm not sure about whether Duke's breed is prone to that-I think the patient was a Great Dane. Ask your vet what they think. Have you had bull Mastiffs before?... You picked a real cutie caution from my husband who's reading this over my shoulder: I am a worry wart and I shouldn't make other people worry too! Have fun!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
    CDW4ME and OldChap like this.

Distinguished Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    She was happy bringing home the bacon.

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-20190428_162951.jpg
    xXxHeavy, OD*, CDW4ME and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Redbert31 View Post
    Aww! Duke you so smart! I'd come to my name for beef jerky too! (Helpful hint: my vet warns me to get jerky you're absolutely sure comes from USA meat... She treated a dog for intestinal torsion from jerky from overseas.. Surgery was $$$$$ and it swelled in his intestine and would have been fatal in another day... And give that jerky sparingly in very small bites) Larger breed dogs and horses are sometimes subject to intestinal torsion- I'm not sure about whether Duke's breed is prone to that-I think the patient was a Great Dane. Ask your vet what they think. Have you had bull Mastiffs before?... You picked a real cutie caution from my husband who's reading this over my shoulder: I am a worry wart and I shouldn't make other people worry too! Have fun!

Mostly using little pieces of cooked leftover meat as treats.
    This is my first Bullmastiff, not my first dog, currently have GSD and Bulldog too.
    How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-big-nap.jpg
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Look at them sleeping together! Happy family How's your GSD loving little brother Duke? ... Bits of meat are a great treat

Quote Originally Posted by Redbert31 View Post
    Look at them sleeping together! Happy family How's your GSD loving little brother Duke? ... Bits of meat are a great treat

GSD is like a playful "big brother" anytime the Bullmastiff pup is awake; GSD is a little rough occasionally but it is apparent he likes the Bullmastiff pup and the pup likes him. Yesterday, GSD came in from outside and didn't see the Bullmastiff pup, he started searching until he found him, obvious that he was looking for the pup. GSD will take a toy (rope) and instigate play with the pup. This morning GSD was quite helpful keeping the Bullmastiff pup entertained while I got stuff ready to take my boys to school. I'm impressed with GSD interaction with new pup especially considering Loki (GSD) just turned a year old this month. The Bullmastiff and GSD are becoming (will be) buddies, GSD will have a playmate with energy level more similar to his than that of the Bulldog.

GSD riding shotgun, he thinks he should go with me whenever I leave the house.
    How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-lokiride.jpg

VIP Member
    GSD is like a playful "big brother" anytime the Bullmastiff pup is awake; GSD is a little rough occasionally but it is apparent he likes the Bullmastiff pup and the pup likes him. Yesterday, GSD came in from outside and didn't see the Bullmastiff pup, he started searching until he found him, obvious that he was looking for the pup. GSD will take a toy (rope) and instigate play with the pup. This morning GSD was quite helpful keeping the Bullmastiff pup entertained while I got stuff ready to take my boys to school. I'm impressed with GSD interaction with new pup especially considering Loki (GSD) just turned a year old this month. The Bullmastiff and GSD are becoming (will be) buddies, GSD will have a playmate with energy level more similar to his than that of the Bulldog.

Name:	Lokiride.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	294250

And why shouldn’t he?!

Cool how he is smitten with his new (briefly little) brother!
    OD*, Redbert31, CDW4ME and 1 others like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF, ISAA

Name:	Lokiride.jpg 
Views:	13 
Size:	66.9 KB 
ID:	294250
    Glad Loki found a friend in Duke who will be able to keep up and play hard soon. Loki is beautiful too! And I like your bulldog also. What a nice"pack" you have. Great that they all get along. My two Papillons have different temperaments. While they get along ok, they'll never truly be buddies because I waited too long. Jackson is a perfect trained little gentleman while Logan is kinda crazy and loves to play and run. Jackson was 8 when we got Logan as a pup and tho Jackson loved Logan as a pup, he was less enthusiastic when Logan wanted his alpha male title! Jackson is my husband's buddy while Logan is my crazy boy we got even closer when Logan herniated a disc last February, had surgery, leaving his hind end paralyzed. Two months later I had him in physical therapy 2 days a week. After a few months he started to walk little by little. He does water treadmill, swimming, dry land work and lately acupuncture. He's back to 95% of what he was before his surgery. He fought hard for everything he got back and I have to say I admire him. He had lost all his musculature along his back and in his rear thighs in the month after surgery and they were convinced he'd never walk well again. He had lost about 2 of his 7 pounds.. All of it muscle... But he didn't give up and neither did I. And hell yeah, it was worth every penny! My husband has a bad hip and sometimes I think if he were willing to have his surgery, and fight as hard as Logan did, he'd be better today too... But dogs don't feel sorry for themselves, they just do what they have to... Logan beat the odds for sure... Enjoy your evening!

CDW4ME, Snub44 and OldChap like this.

Loki and Duke ... buddies.
    How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-lokiandduke1.jpeg
    Redbert31, OD*, Snub44 and 4 others like this.

The red dog thinks I am boring.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-32bf83f2-a6df-4c07-afcd-fe0b92f0b1ce.jpeg  

Redbert31, OD*, Snub44 and 7 others like this.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Struckat View Post
    The red dog thinks I am boring.
    Cute!

We had a Pit that figured out if she hit the candy dish with her nose it would make the crystal rattle, and then she would just sit there and wait until we gave her a piece of candy. It was real cute too, until she would do it at 2:30 in the morning. Needless to say, the dish was put away.

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-buffy-waiting-candy.jpg
    Redbert31, Snub44, CDW4ME and 9 others like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, don’t give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

Thanks for sharing your pictures! Dogs do amazing things and amuse us all the time!

CDW4ME, OD*, OldChap and 1 others like this.

So sweet
    Redbert31 and OldChap like this.

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    Attachment 294346

don't know why this is posting sideways....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-img_8978.jpg  

OD*, Redbert31, CDW4ME and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MB53 View Post
    Attachment 294346

don't know why this is posting sideways....
    Actually your picture is right side up and your dog has a beautiful sensitive face

Page 17 of 29 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links