How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... - Page 2

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

This is a discussion on How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by pskys2 So many and I dearly love them all. Right now our dog, Hank, is on his last legs. Due to injuries ...

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree2472Likes

Thread: How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

Quote Originally Posted by pskys2 View Post
    So many and I dearly love them all.

Right now our dog, Hank, is on his last legs. Due to injuries as a pup (wife rescued him at about 8 weeks old from 2 guys trying to stomp him to death), he's 11 1/2 years old now, he has severe arthritis in his hips and it is a daily struggle. But he keeps hanging in there, even caught and killed 2 opossums last month, wiped him out for days afterward.

The cat Benny helped me do a trigger job on my 2011 Limited gun when he was only 8 weeks old, wife saved him after someone threw him off a bridge onto a highway at 6 weeks. He lasted only 5 years before passing from a tumor on his heart. I still have and shoot the "Benny Blaster".Attachment 280691Attachment 280693
    Where the heck does your wife hang out?

All kidding aside, good on you two for rescuing animals in need of loving homes.

Quote Originally Posted by ShenandoahValley View Post
    Not sure how to do this. My four working patrol K9's. All my best friends.

https://imgur.com/a/1yxqC4G
    You sir, deserve an award of some kind. I am so glad you didn't get those photos to post openly here. My wife has been keeping her eyes open for a German Shepherd puppy. In the future, when the coast is clear, use the Go Advanced button and the little Insert Image icon on the right end of the Font / Size row right above where you type.

My granddaughter and her husband are big into rescue work. They also foster parent dogs, cats, and birds. Here are a couple of her current rescues:

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-8682759657_d438ef79fc_k.jpg
    Mr. Douglas (I call him Dougie the Puggie)

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-9662934829_def993a7eb_k.jpg
    Becky
    Pete63, Old Man, wmhawth and 11 others like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by entertainment72 View Post
    Where the heck does your wife hang out?

All kidding aside, good on you two for rescuing animals in need of loving homes.
    Farm feed stores, driving down city streets (several times) and the last was a kitten at about 7 weeks that she saw peeking into the foyer of her work. That one took us a whole day to catch. She saw the video of when that one was dumped, the ass threw her up onto a 1 story chiller fan wrapped in a plastic bag. She got out and jumped the story onto a concrete pad, ran across a busy street, back across that street and hid in some bushes by the building where she worked. Where we finally was able to trap her. Took us 3 weeks to get her socialized into the house.

The guy who was abusing the pup actually worked at a feed store. We went there one Saturday and she saw him. He doesn't know how lucky he was I was there. She got a set to her jaw, fire in her eyes and headed for a stack of shovels. I caught her and told her "we won, we have hank". That broke her spell. She admitted she was going to smack him upside the head.

We have had 2 full blood Labs, the 1st we were young and lived in a rural area where I'm sure he was shot, never found. The 2nd actually taught me to stop being an ass towards animals that was 1992. Since then we've had nothing but strays and rescues. My wife has cop eyes and is a scrapper. We've rescued and brought into our home close to a dozen dogs and cats. At one time Hank had 5 cats in the house with him. Even though he's killed skunks, raccoons, rabbits, opossums and even caught birds when younger (plus chased down a rabbit) he never hurt one of the cats inside with him. He caught a beagle in the yard once and threw him over the fence.

I've thought of writing a book about the rescues and their precious lives, they have so much to tell.

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-4693.jpeg
    A man has got to know his limitations.

flh
    Ruger , our atv mascot , he loves to ride with us
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-img_1811.jpg  

I've Been Called A Lot Of Names But Papa Is My Favorite

We don't own a dog because we travel a fair amount and can't take one with us, nor do we want to kennel them. But we have had two dogs (both golden retrievers) that we have been very attached to. Both belonged to friends who for one reason or another, could not give them the attention they deserved. We walked both of them whenever we could, and care for them when them when their owners have been away. The picture here is Bailey, our current "rental" pup. He's pretty big and heavy for a golden. Generally well behaved, but won't back down if provoked by another dog.

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-bailey-steve.jpg
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    What we have here is a failure to communicate...
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

Taz as a puppy. He is half Beagle and half Pug and fearless with a Beagle bark that will alert the neighborhood. He thinks he is a Tasmanian Devil.

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-dsc00059-1280x960-2017_01_22-17_26_42-utc-.jpg
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

this is Finnegan, or finny or finny bean or bean. He was found by someone in our apartment complex outside during one of our freezes. They said they didnít even know he was alive when they found him. Heís my best friend. He also walks on a leash https://youtu.be/yW_3u3TDXBc and knows some tricks https://youtu.be/sNSpmIzfp2E

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bad Bob View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4693.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	425.3 KB 
ID:	280709
    I don't mean to be ugly, but your dog is! ( heck it may be a cat for all I can tell)
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Distinguished Member Array Cornhusker95's Avatar
    Gilbertc13 likes this.

Senior Member Array DownInTheDark's Avatar
    Still going strong at 12

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-20180919_212413.jpg

PS I guess you can tell where her favorite spot on the couch is

Yup ! Anywhere she wants.
    OldChap likes this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    Taz as a puppy. He is half Beagle and half Pug and fearless with a Beagle bark that will alert the neighborhood. He thinks he is a Tasmanian Devil.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00059 (1280x960) (2017_01_22 17_26_42 UTC).jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	621.0 KB 
ID:	280721
    Awwwwww...
    OldChap and xXxHeavy like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

I just want to say that I am very happy this thread was started. I love seeing y'all's pet pictures. Gotta love the 4-legged furry friends, they add so much to life.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

After my Mother pasted away 3 years ago, my wife and I got her chihuahua Tequila. We love this dog more than life. Who would of thought Iíd own a dog named tequila being sober for 15 years. My favorite was a Budweiser and a shot of Cuervo. God does has a sense of humor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links