How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... - Page 25

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

This is a discussion on How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; My Charlie. He's a big, handsome boy....

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree3454Likes

Thread: How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

My Charlie. He's a big, handsome boy.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-2016-09-06-00.16.46.jpg  

We have had Jimbo just over a year now. When we got him out of the woods he was skinny, sickly and weighed 65 pounds at a year old.

I woke him for this pic, heís 95 pounds now and wow heís smart! Have never lived with a dog this smart. He has made a wonderful family member and protection, also, Iíve never seen a dog this happy! The dog smiles in his sleep, heís always happy!

We love Jimbo! 💕

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-283eaead-667a-491b-ab4d-8bc1111afba7.jpeg How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-b3578490-2952-46cd-b259-53c18466cb8d.jpeg
    OD*, mbschne, CWOUSCG and 10 others like this.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

here is my Bouvier Kitty

at 9 weeks and at 9 months

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    About 2 months ago a stray showed up in our neighborhood, skin and bones stumbling about looked like he was on his last leg hips and rib cage protruding and looking confused. Set out some food/water and left him to it, this goes on for about a week all the while he is following all the different folks who walk the subdivision in the evenings. So he never leaves the subdivision as it turns out 4 or 5 of us are putting out food/water for him and he is starting to look a bit healthier but he wont let anyone catch him but still following all the walkers in the evening. Another week or so and I notice that he has a huge aversion to men but will now let the women folk come closer so I figured he must have had a bad time with a dude at some point. Third week same thing everyone feeding him and looking healthier and now he is letting my sister in law and wife to pet him but just barely and if he sees a man off he goes. Now Halloween is in a week and everyone is worried because we have a very very big turnout every year and we know it's going to freak him out and he will probably run off and get lost. I talk to the neighbors and tell them I'm going to catch "Jack" but I need y'all to stop feeding him so he only comes to my place and they agree because everyone has gotten fond of him. Three days later I get my sister in law involved and she walks about 2 miles around the subdivision with Jack following then my wife takes over for another good to 3 miles and he just cant help but follow along. On top off this he had already done his usual rounds following the other neighbors so by now he is tuckered out thirsty and hungry. Put out a bucket of water he comes over and the wife slips a collar on him shows him some bologna and he follows her thru the gate into the backyard and I close the gate. Been about a month and he now let's me pet him and rub his ears but quick movements and unexpected noises still freak him out. Last week he finally came into the house and has been making great progress.

Jack about a month after he got to the subdivision still roaming the neighborhood How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-screenshot_20190929-181948_nextdoor.jpg
    Jack hanging out in the backyard How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-resized952019102495154445954018.jpg
    How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-resized_20191024_154412-0-_2046.jpg
    Jack sleeping inside the house How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-20191108_192653.jpg
    Nightly walk with his buddy Hannibal my other big dog. How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-20191022_192009.jpg
    My little sister was going to take him but he is still very skittish so we decided it was best for him to stay with us. Didnt need or want another dog as he makes four but he is ours now and I got no problem with that. He is still putting on weight and growing so I'm thinking he is between one and two years old as he still exhibits a lot of puppy traits and by looking at him he appears to be some type of akita mix. Hopefully he won't be ridiculously large when full grown.
    OldChap, flh, OD* and 10 others like this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

I assume you took him to the Vet to see if he is chipped? My grand daughter rescues and they have a Vet that volunteers his time and chips all the rescue animals for free.

Excellent work in any event.
    Rabbit212, OD*, Pete63 and 3 others like this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I assume you took him to the Vet to see if he is chipped? My grand daughter rescues and they have a Vet that volunteers his time and chips all the rescue animals for free.

Excellent work in any event.
    Nope we havent gotten to the get in the car stage just yet. Hopefully by the end of next week he will be that far along I'm taking it slow with him I cant even raise my hand above my head without him cringing. He is making super progress but I dont want to rush him.
    OldChap, OD*, Pete63 and 2 others like this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

OD*
    Senior Moderator
    You're a good man, Rabbit.
    Pete63, Rabbit212, Sister and 4 others like this.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow.
    End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

NRA Patron Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    Frosty the snowman was ripped apart that day.
    I came home to this:
    Attachment 306878
    Both dogs pled not guilty, but no way that Bullmastiff pup is innocent.
    Attachment 306880
    A guilty face, if ever I've seen one! No doggie treats for him ( for a day!)
    OD*, CDW4ME, Sister and 5 others like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-image.jpeg

This is Stella. Got her from a local shelter in '06. She was about a year old then and now 14ish. This pic was taken in March this year. She's having a little trouble getting the rear wheels moving now, but doing pretty well all in all.

Attachment 307140
    JeffreyR, Rabbit212, OD* and 9 others like this.
    NRA Life Member - U.S. Navy '68 - '72

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Terry 2.0 View Post

This is Stella. Got her from a local shelter in '06. She was about a year old then and now 14ish. This pic was taken in March this year. She's having a little trouble getting the rear wheels moving now, but doing pretty well all in all.
    Attachment 307140
    When our lab was older we used Dasuquin and it made a world of difference with her moving, within a week she was moving much better! We lost her last year. Our new dog Jimbo is already showing signs of leg problems and weíre not sure if something happened to him when he was a puppy...or, heís just fat?! Anyway, this stuff works great! Best prices Iíve found are at chewy.com, check them and eBay!

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-269ac618-75dd-4abb-83ab-f8270edc8ec3.jpeg

@Rabbit212 ; Good on you and your family for saving that pretty puppy! Almost looks like it has raccoon in it with those masked eyes! So happy for the pup, sounds like you and your family have a lot of love for dogs 😊
    Redbert31, OD*, Rabbit212 and 3 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    When our lab was older we used Dasuquin and it made a world of difference with her moving, within a week she was moving much better! We lost her last year. Our new dog Jimbo is already showing signs of leg problems and weíre not sure if something happened to him when he was a puppy...or, heís just fat?! Anyway, this stuff works great! Best prices Iíve found are at chewy.com, check them and eBay!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	269AC618-75DD-4ABB-83AB-F8270EDC8EC3.jpeg 
Views:	24 
Size:	2.77 MB 
ID:	307154
    Thank you. I'll check that out. She's a special dog to us.
    Redbert31, CWOUSCG and OldChap like this.
    NRA Life Member - U.S. Navy '68 - '72

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson

flh
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-img_2336.jpg  

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Another one I can recommend is Purina One Vibrant Maturity dog food. I have two dogs 12 and 9 years old and both were having some mobility problems with their rear legs/hips. My neighbor also has an older dog with similar problems and her vet recommended she try this food, and it made a noticeable difference with her dog. I was skeptical that a mere food change could make much difference but figured I had nothing to lose by trying it. And I could see that her dog seemed to be moving much better.

In a couple weeks I could see an improvement in my dogs, so I'm now a believer. I can't promise it would work for others but it's worth a try.

It also says on the bag that it promotes mental sharpness but I can't say my two dunderheads seem any smarter, so I wouldn't count on that.

Gunner taking a mid day nap.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-screenshot_20191123-094649_gallery_1574524101693.jpg  

Page 25 of 30 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links