How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... - Page 26

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

This is a discussion on How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This pic looks funny....my boy Jake and I sitting on the recliner.....LOL...

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast
Like Tree3455Likes

Thread: How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

This pic looks funny....my boy Jake and I sitting on the recliner.....LOL

CDW4ME, OD*, OldChap and 7 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyR View Post
    This pic looks funny....my boy Jake and I sitting on the recliner.....LOL

That's a cool picture. ManDog!
    OD*, CDW4ME and Redbert31 like this.

"The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms." - Sam Adams

"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    When our lab was older we used Dasuquin and it made a world of difference with her moving, within a week she was moving much better! We lost her last year. Our new dog Jimbo is already showing signs of leg problems and we’re not sure if something happened to him when he was a puppy...or, he’s just fat?! Anyway, this stuff works great! Best prices I’ve found are at chewy.com, check them and eBay!

Attachment 307154
    Just a follow up. We've had her on the Dasuquin almost two weeks and there is a noticeable improvement in her moving around. She's still on the two-a-day regimen building up. Thanks again for the tip on this.
    OD*, msgt/ret, CWOUSCG and 3 others like this.
    NRA Life Member - U.S. Navy '68 - '72

"Those who hammer their guns into plowshares will plow for those who do not."
    Thomas Jefferson

Newest addition in our household. This year we lost two, who SWMBO was really attached to.
    This one, Spooky Bear, is a real lover at this point.

Name:  spooky.jpg
Views: 46
Size:  72.3 KB
    OD*, CDW4ME, Texas Red and 5 others like this.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 229 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Just added a new kitty, she even does laundry
    sdprof, CDW4ME, Texas Red and 6 others like this.

Sold our old couch and got a recliner.Jake used to sit on the couch back cushions and look out the window.
    We picked up a cheap bench/ottoman so he could sill lay down and look out the window behind the recliner.

OD*, CDW4ME, Texas Red and 5 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Do these 2 count too ? Mother and daughter, daughter was just over a year and taller than momma already when this pic taken ... now even taller yet. Mom, is 16.4 hands... not sure when her daughter is going to hit full height. Tennessee Mountain Horses.... very muscular legs, but gentle and calm. I think the daughter's father, must have been a giraffe .... such long legs and loves to run. My 7 yr old grandson, her favorite person in the world.

Attachment 284174
    Sorry, I HAD to call this one out! I really hope that's a simple misplaced finger on the keyboard.

We have 5 indoor dogs, 3 outdoor dogs, 5 indoor cats, 4 outdoor horses, and 6 outdoor donkeys. We also care for the occasional coon, pussum, or any other critters that might need our money. We fostered a natural litter of foxes this past spring (unbeknownst to them anyway), and we have a bald eagles nest in the back field trees we got to watch as the chicks grew up, we also had a crows nest in our treeline, and we feed the coyotes, deer, songbirds, and pheasant when ever it gets bad.
    For twenty years we rescued what we could, when we could, and gave them all a forever home. At one point we had about 2+ dozen rescues living here, mostly dogs and cats inside the house with us. Needless to say we don't have a nice house since most all our money went to taking care of our friends, we didn't ask for help when someone brought by an unwanted animal.
    However, we haven't taken in a stray in about five years now. We are getting older and we want to outlive all our friends so we don't have to traumatize them again by moving them.

This is our Baby Bear the cattle dog learning about gunshot sounds. Didn't faze him a bit. He's now about ten I think. The Poodle is my attack Poodle. Has tongue, will travel. She's about 17 now. I'll add pictures of the rest of our zoo as time permits.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-babybear.jpg  

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-attackpoodle-ready-.jpg  

Texas Red, mbschne, akoda and 5 others like this.

This thread needed a “bump” up, Christmas time so we need Christmas Critter pics!

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-245c59ad-a316-45ad-9315-88f1f6312822.jpeg

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-0f1907b5-0f84-4611-beab-5648938a4903.jpeg

LuLu & Jimbo

Note the green grass here in December lol, it needs cutting. We haven’t really seen winter yet.

Edited to add: LuLu does look a lot like @oldIthink ‘s Cattle Dog, vet mentioned she was a Pit-Heeler mix, sure does favor his white pretty “bear” pup!
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF

Quote Originally Posted by Terry 2.0 View Post
    Just a follow up. We've had her on the Dasuquin almost two weeks and there is a noticeable improvement in her moving around. She's still on the two-a-day regimen building up. Thanks again for the tip on this.
    So glad this worked for you too! It took years off our dogs ability to just walk normal. I credit a friend of 40 years for that bit of information, she worked at a vets office. I may start taking them lol.
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDN’T KILL HIMSELF

Senior Moderator

Wink Introducing Dosa

Here's our latest addition. We're now up to four. This one is smart as a whip, always happy, and ingratiating herself into the life of the decision maker here. Yes, that would be Nancy.

Here name is Dosa, short for Theodosa.

Our two cats are still training her. One tolerates getting licked and nuzzled by the pup, that other one boxes her ears.

She's a Dosa happiness. All 13 pounds. Rescued from the mean streets with her mom who was also adopted out.

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-img_2116.jpg

Here are the other three:

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-img_5451.jpg

Here are the two youngest:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-img_2140.jpg  

Last edited by Rock and Glock; December 21st, 2019 at 06:34 PM.
    CWOUSCG, msgt/ret, OD* and 5 others like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Sadly it didn’t work out. The dog was not what was projected in the ad, the people left out the real reason they were getting rid of her; she’s a fighter! She was also older and full blooded pit. Advertised as young and mixed. We think that she was a fighting mill dog possibly, had lots of pups from the look of her body.

She was great with people, NOT with any other animals. She went after Jimbo twice within minutes when we tried them in the yard so we took her back to the ppl as soon as we saw this. I feel sorry for the dog, obviously she was trained to fight but we felt at her age it was not something that could have been taken care of nor were we willing to put Jimbo in that situation, he’s okay but it scared him to death.

We do want more but this event took it out of me for a while. CWO wants to do some traveling so it would be easier with just Jimbo - Jimbo is still amazing, from a dog that grew up in the woods, he’s been a pleasure from day one. This tells me that it’s humans that mess up dogs, I’d imagine that the white pit was taught to fight when she was young.
    I'm so sorry that didn't work out.

At least that was recognized before anyone got hurt!

We traveled in an RV with three. That got really hard sometimes.

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by oldIthink View Post
    Sorry, I HAD to call this one out! I really hope that's a simple misplaced finger on the keyboard.
    Probably 16.3. That's about what Nancy's Kentucky Mountain Horse Mare is, my Tennessee Walker Gelding is more like 16 hands.
    OD*, Redbert31, Sister and 1 others like this.

Going through some pics today.
    Funny how these two seem to have the same tendencies.
    Same tilt of the head and they both like to lay in the same areas near the wall.

Casey passed away 7 yrs ago, a few days within when Jake was born.....

Casey / Jake

Casey / Jake

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Sponsored Links