How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... - Page 6

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

This is a discussion on How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Attachment 281081 Attachment 281083 Thatís Bourbon and Oreo. Soon as we have a fence we are going to be adding a ridgeback least thatís the ...

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree2472Likes

Thread: How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

Attachment 281081Attachment 281083

Thatís Bourbon and Oreo. Soon as we have a fence we are going to be adding a ridgeback least thatís the plan.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by flintlock62 View Post
    Motley Crue?
    Very motley!
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockymonster View Post
    Shepperd, Malinois? Forgive my ignorance, but he is a specimen!
    German bread Long Hair GSD....2yo.
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

flh
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnie View Post
    Attachment 281081Attachment 281083

Thatís Bourbon and Oreo. Soon as we have a fence we are going to be adding a ridgeback least thatís the plan.
    no pictures available
    Pete63 likes this.

I've Been Called A Lot Of Names But Papa Is My Favorite

Seems to be working on my end...

I hated to hear it...My granddaughter called last night around midnight. She was home alone, watching a movie, and one of her rescue cockatiel birds just fell of the perch and died. She has been a good parent to all the critters. The bird, "Sugar", was 16-18 years old according to the vet she works with. Her husband works a big crane in the oil field and won't be home for 2 weeks. We're 800 miles away, so I told her we'd be there for her little funeral for Sugar on video chat on her Ipad.

The best part is having great pets. The worst part is losing one.
    Last edited by OldChap; September 26th, 2018 at 12:53 PM.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My boy Jake.....
    Went to the vet today for surgery. He had to have some fatty tumors removed from a few different spots.
    He's home but he's not happy....he did eat some chicken but spit out his pain pill....Hopefully he feels a bit better in the morning after some good rest.

one of the spots...has one like it on his abdomen and one up on his chest.

My boy Jake...
    He had to go to the vet today. Had to have surgery to remove some fatty tumors.
    We had them removed to prevent them from maybe turning cancerous. Thank goodness none of them were.
    He's home and he's not happy.....doesn't like his pain med.....

Here is one spot on his left shoulder. He has another spot on his abdomen and rear side.

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I read before that the price of a pet is not measured in money, for food or vet bills, rather in tears after they pass.
    I'd say thats about right.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    I read before that the price of a pet is not measured in money, for food or vet bills, rather in tears after they pass.
    I'd say thats about right.
    That sums it up for me as well......
    msgt/ret, OldChap and CDW4ME like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.Ē - Joe Lewis

ďIím not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a Ďlittleí dirty.....Ē

A GROUCHY German is a Sour Kraut....

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnie View Post
    Seems to be working on my end...
    Not for me!
    OldChap likes this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I hated to hear it...My granddaughter called last night around midnight. She was home alone, watching a movie, and one of her rescue cockatiel birds just fell of the perch and died. She has been a good parent to all the critters. The bird, "Sugar", was 16-18 years old according to the vet she works with. Her husband works a big crane in the oil field and won't be home for 2 weeks. We're 800 miles away, so I told her we'd be there for her little funeral for Sugar on video chat on her Ipad.

OldChap and Wolf357 like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Distinguished Member Array 1MoreFord's Avatar
    JeffreyR, I don't know how you're giving the pain meds but the best luck I've ever had is in a good finger dollop of peanut butter. Get him used to eating the peanut butter first and then add the pill to the next dollop.

Another method I know of is to put it in a piece of hot dog. Some old family friends had a Spitz that required daily meds and they fought with her forever until they discovered how much she liked hot dogs. Problem solved. Eventually she'd remind them when they forgot her hot dog every evening.
    OldChap likes this.
    Joe

flh
    Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreFord View Post
    JeffreyR, I don't know how you're giving the pain meds but the best luck I've ever had is in a good finger dollop of peanut butter. Get him used to eating the peanut butter first and then add the pill to the next dollop.

Another method I know of is to put it in a piece of hot dog. Some old family friends had a Spitz that required daily meds and they fought with her forever until they discovered how much she liked hot dogs. Problem solved. Eventually she'd remind them when they forgot her hot dog every evening.
    We have been using cheese for years , never seen a dog that didn't love cheese ...

I've Been Called A Lot Of Names But Papa Is My Favorite

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreFord View Post

Yeah..Not my first time with meds. Jake's nose knows..LOL. He's not the typical "eat everything" Lab, like his brother. He likes to take it away, put it down and smell it first. He's picky.
    You can try and fake him out but almost everytime he can smell it. Each "flavor" only works once if he does eat it. Either that or he eats whatever you put around it and then spits the pill out.
    Now that he's feeling better it get's a little easier. Still have to put it in his mouth and hold his snout till he swallows it.
    He will just stand there with you holding his snout closed staring at you and eventually he will swallow it.
    Pete63, CDW4ME, OldChap and 1 others like this.

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links