How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... - Page 7

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

This is a discussion on How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by JeffreyR Yeah..Not my first time with meds. Jake' nose knows..LOL. He's not the typical "eat everything" Lab, like his brother. He likes ...

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree1952Likes

Thread: How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffreyR View Post
    Yeah..Not my first time with meds. Jake' nose knows..LOL. He's not the typical "eat everything" Lab, like his brother. He likes to take it away, put it down and smell it first. He's picky.
    You can try and fake him out but almost everytime he can smell it. Each "flavor" only works once if he does eat it. Either that or he eats whatever you put around it and then spits the pill out.
    Now that he's feeling better it get's a little easier. Still have to put it in his mouth and hold his snout till he swallows it.
    He will just stand there with you holding his snout closed staring at you and eventually he will swallow it.

My female "Dobie" is the same way.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

My English Bulldog typically swallows pills if I put them in meat; however, the Interceptor worm prevention gets a big NOPE from him.
    He hates that pill so much that even if I chop it into pieces the size of skittles and mix with cheese & meat he still spits out the pill pieces; for that specific pill my wife resorts to shoving it down his throat; he IS going to take his worm prevention.
    Other than that pill, he has it pretty good.
    Attachment 281201
    JeffreyR, Pete63, OldChap and 1 others like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

My English Bulldog typically swallows pills if I put them in meat; however, the Interceptor worm prevention gets a big NOPE from him.
    He hates that pill so much that even if I chop it into pieces the size of skittles and mix with cheese & meat he still spits out the pill pieces. For that specific pill my wife resorts to shoving it down his throat; he IS going to take his worm prevention.
    Other than that distasteful pill, he has it pretty good.

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-bulldogatbeach.jpg
    OldChap, Pete63, CWOUSCG and 5 others like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

flh
    Here's my Buddy ,
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-img_0893.jpg  

All that is necessary to triumph over evil is one good man

I've Been Called A Lot Of Names But Papa Is My Favorite

5 1/2 months old and loves playing with water hose.
    How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-waterhose.jpg

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    He hates that pill so much that even if I chop it into pieces the size of skittles and mix with cheese & meat he still spits out the pill pieces; for that specific pill my wife resorts to shoving it down his throat; he IS going to take his worm prevention.
    Other than that pill, he has it pretty good.
    Attachment 281201
    I use "Advantage Multi", which covers heartworms, kills adult fleas through contact, 3 common intestinal parasites that infect and harm dogs (roundworms, hookworms, and whipworms), & treats a very itchy skin mite called sarcoptes, which can infect people. The best thing about it is it comes in a small tube (by weight of dog), & you just put it on their back, between the shoulder blades, so they can't lick it. Last a month, so I'm not constantly messing with it.
    OldChap, CDW4ME and Redbert31 like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

My two cuties.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker800 View Post
    My two cuties.
    They are both not guilty of whatever, top pup making innocent eyes, bottom pup has paws up - wasn't me.

The red dog is always watching. Always.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

At times I feel as though there ainít enough of me to go around.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Jake wanting some lovin' after his surgery. All 90 lbs of him. He's wearing a t-shirt to help him stop scratching. No cone when we are with him.

He get's his staples removed this Thurs. , 4 different areas. Another one of my shirts that was sacrificed for him

Give us the food.

All three dogs in one pic. "We want food"
    Pug is 12 years old, Bulldog is 2 3/4 years, GSD is about 5.5 months
    How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-treat.jpg

Rosie the wunderdog. At 12, she no longer eats wooden fences or the siding off our neighbor's house. Hates going into water above her knees. She has more quirks than I do.

The newest family member, Nick. He has only been with us a couple of weeks.

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-006-robot-poopocalypse-2109776.jpg
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links