How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... - Page 9

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

This is a discussion on How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by kukla Mika May, 2 yrs 8 months old, a "res dog" from Northern Arizona according to her breed DNA test, aussie cattle ...

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree1962Likes

Thread: How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kukla View Post
    Mika May, 2 yrs 8 months old, a "res dog" from Northern Arizona
    according to her breed DNA test, aussie cattle dog, border collie, a bit of rottweiler, and a dash of hound
    40 pounds of sweetness & enthusiasm

Attachment 282812Attachment 282810
    Good looking dog, Sir.
    kukla, OldChap, Sister and 1 others like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

They are so smart! Love birds in general.. If you teach them for long enough time you can have a real conversations with them
    OldChap, Sister and Redbert31 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by clemenfire View Post
    They are so smart! Love birds in general.. If you teach them for long enough time you can have a real conversations with them
    I don't know about conversations, but when I was a kid I had a parakeet. He could talk, but mostly he liked to eat out of my plate at dinner time. It would infuriate my mom when he would eat mashed potatoes (his favorite) and throw them all over the table.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    Rosie the wunderdog. At 12, she no longer eats wooden fences or the siding off our neighbor's house. Hates going into water above her knees. She has more quirks than I do.

That is a beautiful face!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    scottync, Sister, OldChap and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    Rosie the wunderdog. At 12, she no longer eats wooden fences or the siding off our neighbor's house. Hates going into water above her knees. She has more quirks than I do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Redbert31 likes this.

Here’s Jimbo.

Had to put our new fellow on the pet thread. He still has puppy breath.

Googled YouTube/dogsbarking and got this cute expression. He has a bucket head look in this pic lol.

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-eb585109-68e1-42e1-95dc-a7f1530f8dca.jpeg
    OldChap, CDW4ME, scottync and 7 others like this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Here’s Jimbo.

Had to put our new fellow on the pet thread. He still has puppy breath.

Googled YouTube/dogsbarking and got this cute expression. He has a bucket head look in this pic lol.
    His markings are beautiful.
    Sister, CWOUSCG, OldChap and 1 others like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

For what it's worth... Labs coat color linked to serious illness and life span.

https://www.foxnews.com/science/dogs...ious-illnesses
    Sister, OldChap and Redbert31 like this.

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-lunch-pic.jpg
    Pete63, msgt/ret, Sister and 6 others like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

flh
    Being today is Veterans Day I thought I would share this here ...https://abcnews.go.com/US/slain-navy...ry?id=14378885

They say that a dog is a man's best friend, and for Navy SEAL Jon Tumilson, 35, and his beloved and loyal dog Hawkeye, not even death could break this powerful bond.

At Tumilson's funeral in Rockford on Aug. 19, his beloved canine lay at the foot of the casket throughout the ceremony. Tumilson's cousin Lisa Pembleton took the heart-wrenching photo of the devoted dog, known to Tumilson's family and friends as his "son."
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-img_1133.jpg  

Pete63, msgt/ret, CDW4ME and 8 others like this.

All that is necessary to triumph over evil is one good man

I've Been Called A Lot Of Names But Papa Is My Favorite

msgt/ret, CDW4ME, OldChap and 5 others like this.

Senior Moderator
    Just at the vet, 305lbs of loving canine 'watchdogs'...

Attachment 284166
    msgt/ret, OldChap and Redbert31 like this.
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Do these 2 count too ? Mother and daughter, daughter was just over a year and taller than momma already when this pic taken ... now even taller yet. Mom, is 16.4 hands... not sure when her daughter is going to hit full height. Tennessee Mountain Horses.... very muscular legs, but gentle and calm. I think the daughter's father, must have been a giraffe .... such long legs and loves to run. My 7 yr old grandson, her favorite person in the world.

How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-lotti-maggie-looking-good-2-crop.jpg
    I don't make jokes. I just watch the government and report the facts. --- Will Rogers ---
    Chief Justice John Roberts : "I don't see how you can read Heller and not take away from it the notion that the Second Amendment...was extremely important to the framers in their view of what liberty meant."

VIP Member
    How About A Pet Picture Thread: Dogs, Cats, ...-dsc03633.jpg
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC03633.JPG 
Views:	12 
Size:	2.13 MB 
ID:	284184
    Good looking dog.
    Prong collar and "choker" collar, yet he is still smiling.

My 7 month old GSD has a prong and choker collar too, only wears one on walks.
    I have a 2 3/4 year old English Bulldog that would pull hard on leash when he was 6 months -> year old; once he was about year & half I started using a slip rope leash which I saw on Caesar Dog Whisperer, it only took a short time to correct the Bulldog, he walks on a loose leash now (barring something like the garbage truck passing by). I feel like if I can get that stubborn beast to walk correctly (loose leash) it should have been easy for a "obedient" breed like GSD.
    Back to the GSD, he has a built in GPS and knows when we turn toward home, typically no pulling walking away from home, tension walking toward home, not pulling hard just keeping tension on the leash. I've tried stopping, walking back the other direction, positive practice, treats, slip leash, choker collar, prong collar, harness.
    Admittedly, I walk slow, the only time my wife walked at my pace was when she was far along in pregnancy, so I'm certain my normal pace is torturous for a high energy dog (pup). Three months ago I hurt my knee, bad, my normal "energy conserving" pace was reduced to sloth, so the dog has had to contend with me walking him at sloth pace for about 3 months. I'm finally able to jog short distances again, when I said "jog" the dog looked at me like Really!!!
    He does better if I can jog him some going away from home and then jog him toward home when he is not pulling, get some of his energy out; if I know I'm gonna try to jog him I put the harness on him so he doesn't choke himself, he pulls hard enough jogging to be a sled dog; I can envision a kid in a red wagon being pulled about 20 mph down the road if the dog was harnessed to the wagon.
    I keep him by my side anytime he pulls (tension on leash) when walking; if he walks loose leash then I give him extra leash for walking without tension.
    He learns everything else quickly, I am attributing this one issue to me being slow and him being an excited pup. We will get there.
    OldChap, msgt/ret, Sister and 3 others like this.

Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links