2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2.7-L Turbo

2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2.7-L Turbo

This is a discussion on 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2.7-L Turbo within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Chevrolet is offering a 2.7-L 4-cylinder Turbo in its 2019 Silverado. I guess they're tired of Ford kicking them to the curb with their Eco-Boost. ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree94Likes

Thread: 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2.7-L Turbo

Exclamation 2019 Chevrolet Silverado 2.7-L Turbo

Chevrolet is offering a 2.7-L 4-cylinder Turbo in its 2019 Silverado. I guess they're tired of Ford kicking them to the curb with their Eco-Boost. But, like anything in its first year of production, IMO, STAY AWAY! They haven't worked the bugs out of it, YET!

https://www.forconstructionpros.com/..._id=1015282386
    CG11 likes this.
    The anticipation of death is worse than death itself!

4 and 6 cylinder in full sized trucks?....Before you know it they will want to start banning straws!!...Oh wait...................

I've owned several Chevy trucks over the years and my current one, a 2014, is my last one, for several reasons.

1. I have the standard cab, and the seats will neither slide nor tilt forward enough to get behind the seats for access.

2. They're so high I can't reach over the side and get things out of the bed nor can I get into the cab without installing a step.

3. It is impossible to replace the front turn signal bulbs without removing the headlight assembly. That involves removing the upper bumper trim, the grill, and then the headlight assembly itself. I just replaced one headlight assembly due to water leaking, so I know what a PITA it is. If one has exceptionally small hands, one might be able to replace the headlight bulbs without doing al that, but I cannot.

4. Both my last one, a 2000, and this one have the same driveline shudder that Chevy cannot seem to isolate, usually saying they don't feel it. It's pretty obvious to any live person.

I've read their new engine doesn't get the mileage it claims and is still worse than both Ford and Rams.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

GM puts out a nice truck, but they continuoulsly fail to deliver when it comes to keeping up with the competition. All they could come up with is a more expensive engine that is going to be GM's base model, because they dont want to let go of the 5.3, so they still have nothing thats competing with Ford. As far as I know they are still putting a 6 spd behind it too. That being said, the 5.3 isnt really known for its power, so this may very well outperform it. You'd think being 4 years late to the party they would have something more impressive to put out.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    4 and 6 cylinder in full sized trucks?....Before you know it they will want to start banning straws!!...Oh wait...................
    Its just evolution. The 6cyl ecoboosts get better mpg and make more power than comparable v8s.
    We get the government we deserve.

Chevy guy all the way here baby...This last couple days has been nothing but brand A VS brand B.
    I have a Samsung refrigerator...That i will put up against any Kenmore...Kenmore is nothing but
    a over priced status symbol for those who portray themselves as elite...If you want a ice maker
    that quits...Buy a Kenmore...If you want a trouble free fridge that you can count on and aren't worried about
    making a statement...Samsung is the way to go!
    Havok likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    GM puts out a nice truck, but they continuoulsly fail to deliver when it comes to keeping up with the competition. All they could come up with is a more expensive engine that is going to be GM's base model, because they dont want to let go of the 5.3, so they still have nothing thats competing with Ford. As far as I know they are still putting a 6 spd behind it too. That being said, the 5.3 isnt really known for its power, so this may very well outperform it. You'd think being 4 years late to the party they would have something more impressive to put out.
    My cousins wife has a 2017 NAVI with the 3.5 Eco-Boost. That thing is quick! 380 hp, 460 ft. lbs. of torque.
    The anticipation of death is worse than death itself!

Its just evolution. The 6cyl ecoboosts get better mpg and make more power than comparable v8s.
    It won't make more horsepower than my wife's HEMI unless it's running on nitromethane! She bought the highest output engine Dodge offered in any vehicle that year.

2.7 Liters huh? You'll have to be very careful not to put more than two cases of Coca Cola in the bed.

The next best thing to a caliber war. A who has the baddest truck war.
    BigJon10125 likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

My wife recently got a new Ford Escape w/ 2.0 Ecoboost turbo 4 cyl. I have drove some pretty fast cars (and trucks) and this little thing is FAST! It would easily smoke the tires and reminds me of a Saab 9000 turbo that my sister had. I haven't drove the new 3.5 Ecoboost in the new F-150's but my friend has one and he thinks its better than his previous V-8 F-150.
    Instymp likes this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSW5906 View Post
    My cousins wife has a 2017 NAVI with the 3.5 Eco-Boost. That thing is quick! 380 hp, 460 ft. lbs. of torque.
    Yep. And they have a whole lot more power just waiting to be unleashed with a good tune. We'll see if the GM engine does as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    It won't make more horsepower than my wife's HEMI unless it's running on nitromethane! She bought the highest output engine Dodge offered in any vehicle that year.

2.7 Liters huh? You'll have to be very careful not to put more than two cases of Coca Cola in the bed.

The next best thing to a caliber war. A who has the baddest truck war.
    What year? And have you put it on a dyno to see what it actually makes? Manufacturers claims mean very little. The advertised HP and TQ are usually at a really high RPM on V8s because thats where they make their power. Thats great if you can drive it in that RPM range, but also the reason why those hemis get spanked on the track by the little 2.7 ecoboosts. The ecoboosts get comparable mpg while towing to what the hemis get while hauling nothing but the driver. Not saying the hemi is a bad engine, but there is newer technology that is much more efficient. Ford, Dodge, and Nissan all offer diesels in half tons, and ford also has the ecoboost.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I've owned several Chevy trucks over the years and my current one, a 2014, is my last one, for several reasons.

1. I have the standard cab, and the seats will neither slide nor tilt forward enough to get behind the seats for access.

2. They're so high I can't reach over the side and get things out of the bed nor can I get into the cab without installing a step.

3. It is impossible to replace the front turn signal bulbs without removing the headlight assembly. That involves removing the upper bumper trim, the grill, and then the headlight assembly itself. I just replaced one headlight assembly due to water leaking, so I know what a PITA it is. If one has exceptionally small hands, one might be able to replace the headlight bulbs without doing al that, but I cannot.

4. Both my last one, a 2000, and this one have the same driveline shudder that Chevy cannot seem to isolate, usually saying they don't feel it. It's pretty obvious to any live person.

I've read their new engine doesn't get the mileage it claims and is still worse than both Ford and Rams.
    I myself donít like there full-size however a relative just purchased a new Colorado recently and it addresses several of these.

Itís the only of the newer trucks which I can get anything from the bed or easily get in without pulling myself into or throwing my leg over like a horse. He got the crew cab and the rear seat folds down even for additional storage behind it. If this isnít enough the allowed the rear to fold down to allow storage on top of no passanger. Canít speak for headlight change as Iím unsure as how that happens on there midsize Colorado. However heís getting excellent economy (21avg I believe) with the v6 itís equipped with and I drove it. To me it handled and road better then any truck Iíve been in for any length of time. I know many donít like the smaller trucks but itís got more then enough room to be comfortable and has the towing capacities of a half ton. Just something to consider. He went from a ram 2500 and has owned half ton trucks from all the big three and is adamant heíll not be going back.
    wizard7mm08 likes this.

Senior Member Array wizard7mm08's Avatar
    I'm a GM fan but I haven't cared for anything full-size they've release since 2013 (the last of the GMT900's).

Once my old K1500 gives up, I'll most likely be looking into a Colorado or Canyon. I don't need a full-size everyday and a little bit better gas mileage would be nice. It'll definitely make for better loggin' trail traversing up north where I occasionally hunt.

The new diesel Colorado/Canyons pique my interest but I can't afford new and personally wouldn't buy new even if the money was there.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
    "Take off ya hoser!" - Bob & Doug McKenzie

Quote Originally Posted by CajunSW5906 View Post

The new diesel Colorado/Canyons pique my interest but I can't afford new and personally wouldn't buy new even if the money was there.
    Those things are cool, but at $40,000 ish?

Senior Member Array wizard7mm08's Avatar
    Those things are cool, but at $40,000 ish?
    Somehow that quoted Cajun and not me, but yeah, I agree with your emoji. I guess I'll have to wait until those models become the previous generation, haha.
    Havok likes this.
    "If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy." - Red Green
    "Take off ya hoser!" - Bob & Doug McKenzie

Quote Originally Posted by wizard7mm08 View Post
    Somehow that quoted Cajun and not me, but yeah, I agree with your emoji. I guess I'll have to wait until those models become the previous generation, haha.
    Well thats a new one.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links