FedEx Ground really got me angry today

This is a discussion on FedEx Ground really got me angry today within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Been waiting for a signature required delivery via FedEx Ground for 3 days. Tracking showed it was supposed to deliver on Wed. No show. Thursday ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: FedEx Ground really got me angry today

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar

Been waiting for a signature required delivery via FedEx Ground for 3 days. Tracking showed it was supposed to deliver on Wed. No show. Thursday being a holiday I waited for it to arrive today...waited all day watching for the guy. Since we live within a secure, fenced property with an electric security gate out at the road I sat in a lawn chair in the open garage all day, working on line, taking advantage of some BF deals, gate open, watching for the guy.

Then at the last minute of the business day they change the status from "delivery by end of day 11/23" to "delivery schedule pending".

I called them twice today. Was nice but let them know they have wasted two days of my time. And all they can say is they don't know what the problem is, that the package is at the nearest facility about 24 miles from me where it's been sitting since Wednesday. That they cannot reach the facility by phone since they closed at 6pm local time. And that they have been experiencing delivery problems from that facility due to driver and staff issues. To call them back tomorrow morning and they will try to reach them by phone again and find out what is up with the delivery.

Maybe it will deliver on Monday...who knows? They sure don't.

UGH.

Never again...FedEx Ground is dead to me now.
    CG11, airslot, OldChap and 1 others like this.

That SUCKS, @MB53 . I've had UPS do it to me too. Still sucks.
    OldChap likes this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

It happens. Has happened to me on rare occasions with Fedex ,UPS, and USPS. Things happen. You may as well pour yourself a beverage and relax.
    OldChap and NECCdude like this.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    I had a delivery by USPS that was confirmed delivered, but wasn't. Amazon replaced it within 3 days. 3 weeks later, the original delivery showed up.
    OldChap likes this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

I once had an order from Amazon (PRIME) that was about a week past the promised delivery date when Amazon contacted me and gave me the option to cancel the order and take a credit back to my credit card account. I opted to cancel and my account was promptly credited. Several days later the merchandise arrived. I contacted Amazon and told them that if they would provide me with a shipping envelope I would return the merchandise which was valued at about $20 give or take. I got no response and I'm still using the stuff.
    airslot and OldChap like this.

I recognize that things happen that are unplanned, and such. I can give some slack for those things. What I dislike is seeing my shipment sitting in the same place for 3 days then being delivered late. (Fedex).
    PAISAN and OldChap like this.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

I loaded trailers for UPS when I was in college (25 years ago). The sheer volume of packages processed, and the ensuing chaos of keeping everything running somewhat smoothly, would boggle most peoples' minds. Compound that with the fact that this time of year is peak season for shippers with the holidays upon us, and you have even MORE chaos with the added fun factor of a rapidly augmented workforce of new hires to help with the overloads, and things get even worse.
    ShooterGranny and OldChap like this.

FedEx is terrible! I live on xxxSTREET but FedEx continually delivers to xxxCOURT. And I always make sure that STREET is spelled out. Three incorrect deliveries in two weeks even after I called twice to complain. Anymore, my heart just sinks when I see that FedEx is the carrier.
    OldChap and paulinsf like this.

Distinguished Member Array 1MoreFord's Avatar
    Happened to me too recently with UPS. They wound up dropping it off at at a UPS hub(?) near me. It was a local pharmacy. While they were too lazy to deliver it they could leave a note on the carport door.
    OldChap likes this.
    Joe

VIP Member
    I've found that "usually" when a box doesn't get delivered on time by FedEx it means they have destroyed the box and contents. That happens fairly regularly where I live.

Once in a blue moon their web site shows that it was "damaged in transit" and I can go back to the company and have them regenerate the order for me, but sometimes the tracking information just plain stops and I have to find out what has happened. And, yes, I think once it did take them an extra few days to get the box to my house. When THAT happens I know for sure the box is going to be ultra filthy and damaged, but as long as the contents are intact I guess it's OK.

Yes, I've had damaged boxes from USPS and UPS also, but they are not pros at destroying things like FedEx is!
    OldChap likes this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    I agree with everyone here. FedEx is terrible
    OldChap likes this.

I just had the same kind of issue with UPS. We ordered a couple of things for our grand daughter from Amazon and they were on their 2 day shipping schedule. On the day indicated by tracking, the driver marked the package "delivered" even though my grand daughter and her very noisy guard dogs were on duty all day at home - no show.

The next day I called UPS. Nothing further, they just said the packages were delivered.

The next day I called Amazon. They have a special task force to deal with shippers and they promised they would call me the next day.

The promised day, they called and sent an e-mail and asked what I would like to do: wait and see if the packages show up, or go ahead and refund. I chose refund, figuring I would re-order.

Five business days later, the packages were left on my grand daughter's front porch! I called Amazon and told them what transpired, and they asked me what I wanted to do. I told them I would just pay for the items rather than send them back. They got it done and later that day I got a call from an Amazon manager who told me she had arranged a gift card for me to help make up for all the trouble. I was amazed. As bad as these shippers are, Amazon is great.

And a ray of hope for those of you who use Amazon. They have their own shipping and delivery crew now. I'm told that at the moment it is sort of like an Uber on steroids. But it is even more amazing the service you get. Each delivery person has a GPS tracker and when you are tracking on delivery day, it shows exactly where the delivery van is and how many stops before he gets to you. When he arrived, the guy got out and as I met him at the door, he called me by name and thanked me for doing business with Amazon. They have done that every time since. Maybe some of that will rub off on these terribly overworked delivery services.
    ShooterGranny likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

I've also had issues with FedEx in the past and whenever offered the option I'll go with UPS or Postal Service every time. It just seems incredible to me that FedEx can't effectively coordinate their service.
    OldChap and Taxman like this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    update: Delivery rescheduled for Monday, then rescheduled again this morning for Wednesday. Cust Svc says it had been "Mis-sorted" And if I choose to pick it up that will add another 2 days since it would have to be relocated to holding facility that accepts customer pick up. So it's hurry up and wait.

Seems like the holiday shipping delays have already begun.

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    Makes me recall "Castaway" where the FedEx character (Tom Hanks) personally delivers a package several years later after he was rescued from an island after his FedEx plane crashed. Anyway, I've had far more problems with USPS than FedEx or UPS.
    MB53 likes this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links