Time to grow some facial hair - Page 3

Time to grow some facial hair

This is a discussion on Time to grow some facial hair within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Pound sand, gillette - I don't shave....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree166Likes

Thread: Time to grow some facial hair

Pound sand, gillette - I don't shave.
    airslot and CavemanBob like this.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

Lead Moderator
    My problem is that I don't give a rats hiney what anyone thinks about toxic masculinity.

A lot of the supporters have never been in a fight and couldn't fight their way out of a wet paper sack. They have man buns, soft hands, weak backs, weak minds, and their speaking skills never advanced much beyond the fifth grade. Some of them couldnt grow a beard if they wanted to.

They think that drawing a picture of a gun or even speaking about one in public is a capital offense.

It's hard for me to take anyone like that serious.
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    https://www.facebook.com/baileysigna...?ref=bookmarks

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDeer View Post
    When I retired I decided that i had enough of other's rules and standards. Never being one to be politically correct, this was my "screw the world, I don't want to shave" look one year after I retired. Little did I know that I had become "toxic".
    I had a similar epiphany last summer when I retired and stopped shaving completely. Now I simply trim with an electric beard razor when it starts to get too unkempt. Little did I realize I was going to melt any snowflakes. That is just, as they say in Louisiana, lagniappe.
    HotGuns and airslot like this.
    "The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." Alexander Hamilton

Patron Life Member NRA
    SAF - CCRKBA
    NAGR / GOA
    TFA-LAC / Save the 2A
    Handgunlaw.us Donor

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    I shave with a chainsaw...DRY!!!
    Be a real man....empty the oiler so the blade gets rusty....then come talk to me.
    Cornhusker95 and kerberos like this.
    Proud NRA Benefactor member, My wife, daughter and son are all life members.
    Gun carry permits and the 2nd amendment only confirm what is a God given right to protect ones life and the lives of loved ones from evil.
    Speed is only a matter of money. How fast do you want to go?

There is a very good thread on real MANLY shaving on this very forum.

https://www.defensivecarry.com/forum...ng-thread.html

I only ever used that non-manly brand because they sent me a free razor. I then got caught up wasting tons of money on overpriced, crap mach 3s. Like a crack dealer: first one is free man!

Buy a real safety razor. I like Merkur and feather blades. I can buy a years worth of razors for the cost one one replacement pack of the other ones they keep locked behind the counter. I replace my blades twice a week and get a much better shave.
    msgt/ret and Tstone like this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by viney266 View Post
    Be a real man....empty the oiler so the blade gets rusty....then come talk to me.
    No oiler....Makes the bathroom a mess
    viney266, msgt/ret and MMinSC like this.

I buy Wal-Mart disposable razors, have electric razor (not Gillette); can't boycott what I ain't buying anyway.

Levis & Dicks made their gun position known, two more that I wasn't patronizing anyway.

I wish more companies would speak up about what they stand for, maybe have a FAQ on their webpage at least.
    If they are anti-gun and wish we were disarmed like Europe, I'd like to know that.
    If they support disrespecting our flag / national anthem I'd like to know that.

Put those positions out there for everyone to see and for those that so desire possibly impact if they continue to buy the product.
    For some businesses (products) there might not be a realistic alternative, but for others there could be.
    If all options suck, support least of the evils.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Senior Moderator
    The Gillette piece being discussed.

I've committed no racist infractions and I've never misbehaved toward women. It isn't effective to punish me, either for previous generations' sins or for the present for I will not do penance. I won't accept punishment or pay retribution for what amounts to nothing more than contrived outrage, social engineering, and political extortion and I won't support Gillette and Proctor & Gamble or their propagandizing.

One woman's view.
    We Don?t Need Less Traditional Masculinity, We Need More
    Tstone, airslot, msgt/ret and 6 others like this.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society "Get heeled! No really"

“No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    This whole MeToo and toxic masculinity thing has pushed me far enough, kinda like all the kneeling by the NFL guys and I watched 0 NFL games this season. I'll grow a stubble face and keep it that way for a while, there's no shortage of MeToo folks in Boulder for me to smile at.
    airslot, bmcgilvray and DZUS like this.

The video was getting torn to shreds on their Youtube page and rightfully so. Once they've alienated away the men that actually buy their products all they'll have left are soyboys that can't grow facial hair and women with an abundance of armpit hair. You know, the people that praise them for doing this but don't actually buy their products.

In the comments on their Youtube video several people were kind enough to post a list of Proctor And Gamble owned brands to boycott. I encourage everyone to not support Proctor And Gamble because they're being stupid and also because you can get better stuff for less. As Dollar Shave Club tweeted after this, "Welcome to the club." May Dollar Shave Club and other non-P&G alternatives prosper.

I haven't bought a pair of levis since they decided to spout political horsedung. I sent them a phot of my rump, wearing levis, with an m&p in a holster attached to it, right next to the tag. told them that I wasn't a millennial, and, millennials don't wear levis. to grab a crowbar, pry their heads out of their posteriors, and have a steaming mug of "shut the **** up", while they were still in business.

oddly, I got no reply.

i'm sure lee and wrangler thank them for the middle aged gun toting business.
    forester58, krunchnik and airslot like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    What goes around comes around:

Even the men in the "Me Too" Gillette commercial are uttering "Those chicks are hot!"
    airslot likes this.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

VIP Member
    Sarcasm aside, it is disheartening to see so many companies taking up the mantle of the cause du jour. I view it as a sign of weakness, not strength; they are merely followers.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    -PEF, Refugee from the Island of Misfit Toys

I have no idea which demographic they're targeting with this little campaign. Beards are extremely popular with the younger snowflakes in my area, and masculinity is something most of them would never be accused of regardless of their facial hair (or lack thereof). Older men aren't swayed by this type of stuff, they're gonna do what they're gonna do regardless of what some popular social movement is telling them they should be guilt-ridden over.

Oh, and one other consideration... Abraham Lincoln had a beard. Ted Bundy was clean shaven.
    CavemanBob and airslot like this.

Distinguished Member Array CavemanBob's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PEF View Post
    Sarcasm aside, it is disheartening to see so many companies taking up the mantle of the cause du jour. I view it as a sign of weakness, not strength; they are merely followers.
    Or is it desperation?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links