Who's ready? - Page 3

Who's ready?

This is a discussion on Who's ready? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Havok I had to wear shoes instead of flip flops once about 3 weeks ago. It was terrible. Yep been ugly down ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree65Likes

Thread: Who's ready?

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I had to wear shoes instead of flip flops once about 3 weeks ago. It was terrible.
    Who's ready?-20190221_174826.jpg

Yep been ugly down here as well had a Northern blow thru and it knocked some flowers of the orchid trees, what a mess.
    Last edited by Rabbit212; February 22nd, 2019 at 02:57 PM.
    Havok and Sister like this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Got a 4 day backpacking trip to the Smokies planned for Spring Break. Been about 10 years since I've backpacked. Can't wait.
    Sister likes this.
    I prefer to live dangerously free than safely caged!

"Our houses are protected by the good Lord and a gun. And you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son." Josh Thompson "Way Out Here"

I did all that outdoor survival BS in Outward Bound and the Navy, so I know how to do it, but I have no interest in it. I figure there's a reason people invented houses, hotels and beds.

Besides, my wife has a condition that prevents her from being anywhere she can't plug in a hair dryer. It's not a medical condition, but it's serious.
    Sister likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I did all that outdoor survival BS in Outward Bound and the Navy, so I know how to do it, but I have no interest in it. I figure there's a reason people invented houses, hotels and beds.

Besides, my wife has a condition that prevents her from being anywhere she can't plug in a hair dryer. It's not a medical condition, but it's serious.
    Whatever that condition is it is very contagious and has serious range. My wife has it all the way here in New England.
    Sister and jmf552 like this.

Gosh yíall Texas folks ainít had enough rain yet? Our yard is so muddy it looks like a giant pile of squishy dog poo with dead grass!

Iíd trade this for snow any day of the week! Heck I donít remember seeing this much rain in Oregon - we are going to have skeeters the size of bats!
    Please relax, take a deep breath....
    Trust the Lord God with all your heart, and He will direct your path.
    Jesus loves you, you will be okay.
    ❤️

I have many good memories of canoe trips of week or more .Sometimes as many as 4 canoes some heavily loaded Transporting beer is a problem and we always seemed to run out of beer before we ran out of water. I don't see any of the old buddies any more but they are all very well remembered. We shared many a camp fire.

I'm ready ! I've spent two weekends a month on my hunting lease getting all the Springtime chores done in preparation for the evening campfires. All my hunting buddies are getting too old to do much, so that leaves me and one other hunter to work their areas as well. But come May, everything will be done and we can sit around the campfire and compare ailments and surgeries.
    Cornhusker95 likes this.

Where was outdoor survival BS ever brought up??....We are talking Camping...Big difference....

Quote Originally Posted by redmc View Post
    I have many good memories of canoe trips of week or more .Sometimes as many as 4 canoes some heavily loaded Transporting beer is a problem and we always seemed to run out of beer before we ran out of water. I don't see any of the old buddies any more but they are all very well remembered. We shared many a camp fire.
    I ran out of beer once and my nephew tore me up pretty good....He called me "irresponsible"....I laughed and said
    thanks for the life lesson Dad!...LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Gosh yíall Texas folks ainít had enough rain yet? Our yard is so muddy it looks like a giant pile of squishy dog poo with dead grass!

Iíd trade this for snow any day of the week! Heck I donít remember seeing this much rain in Oregon - we are going to have skeeters the size of bats!
    I wish it would stop raining. Itís delaying the concrete I need poured.
    Sister likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Where was outdoor survival BS ever brought up??....We are talking Camping...Big difference....
    Are you sleeping outdoors? If so, then no difference as far as I'm concerned.

Other than SERE School, that is. There we got tortured, so that's a little different.

It's like my wife keeps wanting me to go on a cruise. I tell her: I was on cruise for over two years of my life when I was in the Navy. She says, "This is different." I say, "Are you on a ship with water all around it? If so, then no difference."
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Are you sleeping outdoors? If so, then no difference as far as I'm concerned.

Other than SERE School, that is. There we got tortured, so that's a little different.

It's like my wife keeps wanting me to go on a cruise. I tell her: I was on cruise for over two years of my life when I was in the Navy. She says, "This is different." I say, "Are you on a ship with water all around it? If so, then no difference."
    Camping...Rather in a tent or camper with food,drinks,firewood,charcoal lighter,sleeping bag,pillow is a far cry from outdoor survival where
    you make your own shelter,start your own fire, You eat what you catch,trap etc etc...

I don't know about you...But i camp for great food...Long hikes...Cold beer...Fishing....Campfire...Music....along with family
    and great friends....There isn't much surviving to it.

We don't rough it but we do enjoy getting away
    Who's ready?-20170604_135516-1024x768.jpg
    Cornhusker95 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Aquaman View Post
    We don't rough it but we do enjoy getting away
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170604_135516-1024x768.jpg 
Views:	18 
Size:	204.0 KB 
ID:	290296
    Right on.

We have about 5 feet of snow on the ground and more on the way. The last time I went camping it was to canoe the Churchill river system in Northern Saskatchewan. It was about 180 KM of rivers, lakes, walleye..... Was gone about 6 weeks camping in the wilderness. Started in La Ronge, traveled NE circled around by the Stanley Mission and ended up in Misinipi.
    Cornhusker95 likes this.
    Check out the CR-12 - wilkinsontactical.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links