Robbery at Dicks - Page 3

Robbery at Dicks

This is a discussion on Robbery at Dicks within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I don't consider anything within the inventory of Dicks to be worth standing in the way of someone who wants it bad enough to steal ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree133Likes

Thread: Robbery at Dicks

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    I don't consider anything within the inventory of Dicks to be worth standing in the way of someone who wants it bad enough to steal it in an aggravated robbery. Best course of action is to keep a low profile and description details. I'm sure the store video system got them on video.
    msgt/ret likes this.

It does not sound like anybody was in grave danger so probably would have tried to get a license plate # or remember what they robbers looked like.

In this day and age, I am not surprised to hear of 4 women holding up Dicks
    ButtShot14 and Instymp like this.
    If you use JP-8, then it's technically not waterboarding

Senior Moderator
    Unless there was a Dick's parking lot problem, I wouldn't see it...I would never be in the store, Even in another store altercation, I'm going to be looking how to "Exit Stage Left". Unless forced to be involved, I would choose no involvement...I'm not a cop.
    msgt/ret and Frodebro like this.
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

4 women with pepper spray? Don't care what business it is. Ain't pulling a gun for a robbery.
    But I won't be in Dicks.

I wont be in Dicks neither,because they are Dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by BSides01 View Post
    This occurred at a Dick's sporting goods about 15 miles from me.
    4 women pepper spray employees, steal items from Dick?s Sporting Goods in Salisbury

Question,if you were in the store and Cconceal carrying,would you intersede and would it matter if it was not Dick's.
    You'll never see this on the network News. Doesn't promote their agenda.
    Give me a 'T' for Texas, Give me a 'T' for Tennessee
    Native Texan - Long Time Tennessean

For the 10th time ....

“I don’t brake for Dick’s”

When pepper spray is outlawed, only outlaws will have pepper spray.
    Gun Free Zones are totally effective, and 100% safe ... (wait for it) ... (wait for it) ... until a bad guy with a gun shows up! Then suddenly, you have an uncontested Kill Zone of defensless sheep, patiently awaiting their turn for the slaughter.

Senior Member Array Bubblehead751's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I say this every time something like this comes up: I am not a LEO, a vigilante or a wannabe hero. When the circus is in town, I'm not responsible for the monkeys.

I would not intervene in any robbery with lethal force unless there was an imminent threat of grave bodily harm to me or someone I care about. I might also intervene if there was an imminent threat of grave bodily harm to a third party if I was sure the third party was truly innocent in that situation and I could make a decisive difference without the possibility of making things worse, such as stray rounds endangering other innocent people.

What I would do otherwise is provide first aid and assistance to the victims and be a good witness.. FWIW, I would never be in a Dick's so that part is irrelevant. I disliked them before they started their anti-gun virtue signalling. Now they are dead to me.
    I can’t even count the times I’ve said it. I carry to protect my family, myself and my ability to provide for them. I draw for no other reason and only if left with no other option.
    Montani Semper Liberi

Mountaineers are Always Free!

From what I understand, there are no firearms in Dick's, so I would just stand and watch. But I wouldn't be in Dick's in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Bozz10mm View Post
    From what I understand, there are no firearms in Dick's, so I would just stand and watch. But I wouldn't be in Dick's in the first place.
    Nobody that carries a firearm shops at Dick's anymore, either, so it's really a moot point.

Quote Originally Posted by Frodebro View Post
    Nobody that carries a firearm shops at Dick's anymore, either, so it's really a moot point.
    I hear what you're saying, but I think it is a misconception about how aware all gun carriers are about gun politics. A new study says there are 17.5 million CC permits in the US. On the other hand, the best guess of NRA membership is about 5 million. The combined membership of all other gun rights organizations is probably less than that. As a volunteer for the VCDL, I meet a lot gun carriers who come to our booths who are amazingly unaware of the gun rights political landscape. I will bet many of them have no idea about major corporations who are taking anti-gun stances, or about the ins and outs of red flag laws, UBCs etc. The larger gun community is amazingly ignorant and dormant on gun issues.

I would not judge all gun carriers by the ones on this site.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links