Attention engineer geeks! - Page 2

Attention engineer geeks!

This is a discussion on Attention engineer geeks! within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by LimaCharlie But, they also think glass is a liquid. I believe the government works hard to make its citizens stupid, LimaCharlie. Your ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree82Likes

Thread: Attention engineer geeks!

Central Indiana (where the ice sheets stopped)
    Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    But, they also think glass is a liquid.
    I believe the government works hard to make its citizens stupid, LimaCharlie. Your point reminded me of the definition the USEPA assigns to solid waste under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).

To wit; "EPA defines solid waste as garbage, refuse, sludge, or other discarded material (including solids, semi-solids, liquids, and contained gaseous materials)."

So...the government tells the regulated community that a solid includes solids, liquids, gases, and semi-solids. My science teachers never mentioned how a gas can also be a solid and, after working with federal regulations for over 40 years, I still don't know exactly what a "semisolid" is.
    Henry9008 likes this.

An optimist sees the glass as half-full.

A pessimist sees the glass as half-empty.

The engineer asks who has been drinking from my glass.
    Nope. The paranoid person asks that. The engineer says the glass is twice as large as it needs to be.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Is it anything like the constipated mathematician who solved the problem with an eraser?
    Really? I heard he worked it out with a pencil.
    airslot likes this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by Henry9008 View Post
    Nope. The paranoid person asks that. The engineer says the glass is twice as large as it needs to be.

I did not know that I was a paranoid engineer until now. Thanks!
    Henry9008 likes this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

And a slide rule, was what I heard years ago!
    Tom TKH

I did not know that I was a paranoid engineer until now. Thanks!
    No problem. Always glad to help!
    LimaCharlie likes this.

I remember in college asking about a certain "group" of people. I was told, those are the engineering students.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by Swedishsteel View Post
    I believe the government works hard to make its citizens stupid, LimaCharlie. Your point reminded me of the definition the USEPA assigns to solid waste under the Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).

To wit; "EPA defines solid waste as garbage, refuse, sludge, or other discarded material (including solids, semi-solids, liquids, and contained gaseous materials)."

So...the government tells the regulated community that a solid includes solids, liquids, gases, and semi-solids. My science teachers never mentioned how a gas can also be a solid and, after working with federal regulations for over 40 years, I still don't know exactly what a "semisolid" is.
    Jello

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Originally Posted by Bikenut View Post
    Is it anything like the constipated mathematician who solved the problem with an eraser?
    Really? I heard he worked it out with a pencil.
    Yep, the eraser end.
    msgt/ret and airslot like this.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by swedishsteel View Post
    many engineers are similar to swedes regarding social skills and personality. When you talk to a swede and he looks down at his shoes throughout the conversation, he is an introvert. When you talk to a swede and he looks down at your shoes during the conversation, he is an extrovert. It's pretty basic, really.
    sorry guys, i locked myself out of dc for a week but finally got back on. Oh, and swede, i hate you.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

I always ask if they went to Georgia Tech, Then you know. Sorry my son in law is an engineer with a masters from GT. Great young man!
    HotBrass45 and airslot like this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Central Indiana (where the ice sheets stopped)
    Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Oh, and swede, i hate you.
    In the inspiring words of the celebrated British philosopher, Ringo Starr, "Peace and Love, Peace and Love."

Hate is such a strong word. lol
    seeker_two and aznav like this.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Swedishsteel View Post
    In the inspiring words of the celebrated British philosopher, Ringo Starr, "Peace and Love, Peace and Love."

Hate is such a strong word. lol
    Oh, gosh, Swede. I hope you did not take that the wrong way!
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

An engineer crosses a road when a frog calls out to him, "If you kiss me, I'll turn into a beautiful princess."

He bends over, picks up the frog and puts it in his pocket. The frog speaks up again and says, "If you kiss me and turn me back into a beautiful princess, I will stay with you for one week."

The engineer takes the frog out of his pocket, smiles at it and returns it to the pocket.

The frog then cries out, "If you kiss me and turn me back, I'll do whatever you say!"

Again the engineer takes the frog out, smiles at it and puts it back into his pocket.

Finally, the frog asks, "What is the matter? I've told you I'm a beautiful princess, I'll stay with you for a month and do whatever you say. What more do you want?"

The engineer says, "Look, I'm an engineer. I don't have time for a girlfriend, but a talking frog, now that's cool!"
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 227 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links