The Pedal Pushers (AKA-Bike Cyclists) are back in force - Page 4

The Pedal Pushers (AKA-Bike Cyclists) are back in force

This is a discussion on The Pedal Pushers (AKA-Bike Cyclists) are back in force within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Motor vehicles cutting off bicyclists, startling or crowding them, and similar actions, is childish, petty, and just plain stupid! As is failing to observe stop ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: The Pedal Pushers (AKA-Bike Cyclists) are back in force

Motor vehicles cutting off bicyclists, startling or crowding them, and similar actions, is childish, petty, and just plain stupid! As is failing to observe stop signs or allow a group of cars to pass.

Ultimately, we need to recognize that all are going to use the roads as they actually exist in real life, not as we'd like, with separate paths for each. That means motor vehicles, bicycles, in some places horse-drawn wagons or horse and rider, and in many places even pedestrians. The laws recognize this (with very few exceptions) and accommodate everyone. If everyone followed the rules and used some forethought the system could work fine. A little bit of courtesy goes a long way.
    TSKnight, riverrambler and Pete63 like this.
    "Power always comes from men acting together…; isolated men are powerless by definition.” Hannah Arendt

"The less we are governed internally, the more we invite external governance from the state." Murray Rothbard

Quote Originally Posted by patkelly4370 View Post
    A few decades ago I was training for the US Olympuc road cycling team.
    The attitude and abuse from all you cagers kept me from my dream of representing the US in the Olympics.
    Thanks a lot.
    You're Welcome!
    Someone stronger took your place.

Sincerely,
    The Universe
    It takes a Viking to raze a village.

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MMinSC View Post
    You're Welcome!
    Someone stronger took your place.

Sincerely,
    The Universe
    Or someone that didn't have to deal with snowflake roadrage.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Distinguished Member Array Cornhusker95's Avatar
    I just don't get the macho clothes they wear...Like trying to intimidate people in their all black spandex shorts
    and skin tight shirts and those menacing multi colored helmets.

They drive by my house with those jingle bell horns on their handlebars and who knows whats really in those water bottles?

They pull up to the ice cream shop in waves and everyone gets nervous!........

Okay maybe i am kidding just a little....I have a mountain i take camping but no spandex for me!
    MMinSC, DaveCarry and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by StripesDude View Post
    I am not comfortable with some of the derogatory terms being used here. I’d like for all of us to start using the term “people on bikes”. They’re humans too!

Seriously, the Aussie government spent money studying this.

https://www.breitbart.com/sports/201...zing-cyclists/
    "The professor insisted that eliminating the word would take some of the sting out of the negativity between bike riders and motorists."

Do I see some word bias in this quote from the linked article?
    Hoganbeg likes this.

I bicycle quite a bit, split about 50/50 off-road & pavement. I don't wear any special "outfits", don't have toe clips, but I do have a rear view mirror

Idiots are not hard to find on either side of the 2 vs. 4 wheeled fence.
    TSKnight, CG11 and Rockymonster like this.

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    We used to have an annual 50 mile bike ride that I worked traffic for.
    The ride was laid out on mostly back roads specifically for the safety of the bikers. There were a couple of places where we would stop traffic. Never ceased to amaze me the extremes of the reactions from the drivers. From being thanked for watching out for the bikers to getting cussed out.

Then there's the guy who drove around my squad and passed a family of bikers in a no passing zone. Then couldn't figure out why I stopped him. Took me 3 miles to catch him. Then he had the privilege of waiting for a Deputy to write the ticket...
    His day would have been much more enjoyable, and cheaper, if he had just waited another 1/4 mile to pass.
    Oh, wreakless driving is a misdemeanor criminal offense in Minnesota.
    Snub44 and Rockymonster like this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TSKnight View Post
    We used to have an annual 50 mile bike ride that I worked traffic for.
    The ride was laid out on mostly back roads specifically for the safety of the bikers. There were a couple of places where we would stop traffic. Never ceased to amaze me the extremes of the reactions from the drivers. From being thanked for watching out for the bikers to getting cussed out.
    If you are not in law enforcement, you have no standing under the law dependent on your jurisdiction residency. I checked this out with my county of residency Sheriffs Department that's the way it is here it may differ where you are located.

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dennis40x View Post
    If you are not in law enforcement, you have no standing under the law dependent on your jurisdiction residency. I checked this out with my county of residency Sheriffs Department that's the way it is here it may differ where you are located.
    As Reserve Deputies we are delegated authority by the supervising Deputy. Thus he could direct us to make a traffic stop, but not the authority to write a citation which requires a licensed officer.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

VIP Member
    Yup...different laws for different STATES...let alone county to county.
    TSKnight likes this.

I hate the loud exhausts on them....They ride past my house all day long and it's annoying.

VIP Member
    Let's face it folks, you don't need a bicycle, a car, or a gun to be stupid. There are lots of folks in Washington doing stupid things with just a pen.
    So who is this Will that everybody fires at, what did he do, and how come he's not dead yet??

I ride mine every chance i get.....

The Pedal Pushers (AKA-Bike Cyclists) are back in force-20120830__120831wheelmen.jpg

The nightmare is just beginning. Try driving in this congestion. When it's this crowded, you almost can't avoid hitting a bike or having a bike hit you. Had it happen once while on duty driver.

The Pedal Pushers (AKA-Bike Cyclists) are back in force-1200px-traffic_in_saigon_-244218359-.jpegThe Pedal Pushers (AKA-Bike Cyclists) are back in force-16267_194616582163_7297807_n.jpgThe Pedal Pushers (AKA-Bike Cyclists) are back in force-61913435-ho-chi-minh-city-viet-nam-aug-24-crowded-scene-asian-city-rush-hour-group-traf.jpgThe Pedal Pushers (AKA-Bike Cyclists) are back in force-535045904_63410fb856_b.jpg
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

Distinguished Member Array dennis40x's Avatar
    This information was related to me in regards to a pedal pusher event Mountain Madness which included two NC State Parks, Pilot Mountain & Hangingrock the volume of traffic vehicle and bicycle at both parks was deemed a safety hazard thus the NC Park Service asked thus told the event sponsors no more. There is only so much volume of traffic a road system can handle.
    TSKnight likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links