DC- whats for supper? - Page 12

DC- whats for supper?

This is a discussion on DC- whats for supper? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Two cobs of Olathe sweet corn each. We weren't hungry enough for anything else....

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast
Like Tree308Likes

Thread: DC- whats for supper?

Two cobs of Olathe sweet corn each. We weren't hungry enough for anything else.
    Sister likes this.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

Never confuse illegal with immoral. Beware of those who do.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Applewood smoked turkey breast Bobbie’s on Amoroso Rolls...

DC- whats for supper?-906ae783-18f2-499f-91c3-2ea05ca7c739.jpeg
    msgt/ret likes this.

Cracker Barrel meatloaf, turnip greens, green beans, and broccoli. Chased down with coffee.
    msgt/ret and Sister like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Cracker Barrel meatloaf, turnip greens, green beans, and broccoli. Chased down with coffee.
    Those CrackerBarrel greens are pretty tasty...
    OldVet and Sister like this.

Distinguished Member Array 1MoreFord's Avatar
    I love Chinese and Thai. I've got a good Chinese place not too far away and I don't cook Chinese or Thai well. I buy their lunch specials since they come with egg rolls, crab rangoons, fried rice, and they reheat real well. I've got my eye on a new Thai place to try as well but it's Chinese tonight.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Poorly View Post
    Two cobs of Olathe sweet corn each. We weren't hungry enough for anything else.
    Do you know the microwave version for silk-less corn.

About 4 minutes per ear of corn in the shuck. Then cut the stalk end of the ear off to where it's cut square and there isn't any rounded end left. Grab it by the silk end with an oven mit on and shake it outa the shuck. Comes out clean. Trust me.

I've now become fond of slathering it with Dukes mayo, parm cheese and La Preferida Sazon. I know this sounds crazy too but it works.
    Joe

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreFord View Post

About 4 minutes per ear of corn in the shuck. Then cut the stalk end of the ear off to where it's cut square and there isn't any rounded end left. Grab it by the silk end with an oven mit on and shake it outa the shuck. Comes out clean. Trust me.

I've now become fond of slathering it with Dukes mayo, parm cheese and La Preferida Sazon. I know this sounds crazy too but it works.
    I’ll be giving that a try!

Juicing this week again mostly with a few cooked veggies. Get’s old however the energy you can get off of mass juicing plus the waist line dropping is worth it. Mean stomach, juicing seems to make a difference with this.

Easy way for meat eaters to get the vitamins they need in one drink. Amazing how much juice you can get off these veggies/roots/greens into one serving.

Anyone else into juicing?

The “Gerson Therapy” is what I’m using, ABC - Apples Beats and Carrots plus a bunch of other stuff. Like to put in lots of ginger and fresh turmeric it helps a lot
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Gopher.

We'll probably go for Chinese food. I'm the only one who drinks, so I'll have a Tsingtao beer to go with dinner.
    "Arbitrary power is most easily established on the ruins of liberty abused to licentiousness." --George Washington

"The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Ecclesiastes 10:2

Quote Originally Posted by 1MoreFord View Post

I've cooked corn in the microwave and the Instant Pot as alternatives to boiling the corn cobs in water for five minutes. We use the boiling water all the time now.
    Instymp likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Poorly View Post
    I've cooked corn in the microwave and the Instant Pot as alternatives to boiling the corn cobs in water for five minutes. We use the boiling water all the time now.
    I'm sorry.
    Joe

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Big honkin chicken fried steak, fried okra and sweet corn on the cob.
    Finished up with a peach cobbler with a scoop of Blu Bell vanilla ice cream.
    By the way I like my cobb corn cooked in the husk on a grille
    Instymp and scottync like this.

What's for supper...

Good question.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    What's for supper...

Good question.
    Come on down anytime.
    Maybe if I feed you I can get on that Christmas card list I keep hearing about.
    OldVet likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Come on down anytime.
    Maybe if I feed you I can get on that Christmas card list I keep hearing about.
    You'd have more luck just holding your breath.

Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Sponsored Links