NRA updates - Page 4

NRA updates

This is a discussion on NRA updates within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 In other words, if we don't agree with your position, we need to shut up and move on. Sorry, but that's ...

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree239Likes

Thread: NRA updates

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    In other words, if we don't agree with your position, we need to shut up and move on.

Sorry, but that's not how it works.
    I interpreted @scottync comments as a valid point that alternatives to the NRA are available, such as GOA and SAF:

Originally Posted by scottync:

If y'all are members and are that unhappy with the NRA, why not leave and go somewhere else? Whining and complaining in a public online forum isn't going to advance gun rights. We've seen this movie before.
    I did not interpret that as a suggestion to leave DC.
    airslot and OD* like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

^^^^^^^
    I like that growl.

Quote Originally Posted by Snub44 View Post
    This I will say...if you, still being a member, think that they listen to and respond to the membership, would you please ask them, while they're "holding the line"...to turn their rifles the OTHER way?!!!
    I'm still a member because it's paid for,but I won't renew before they represent us again.
    simple_man17 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    That appeal for $$$ is like saying we squandered your money so please sent more so we do not go broke. Not a dime fro me.
    Just like the .gov raising our taxes because they overspent. No thanks.
    Havok, 1942bull and Rusty222 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty222 View Post
    Yes.
    But we have to understand that he was shot with a handgun.
    So? We don’t give Gifford’s, of Hogg, or any of those people a pass. Why should he get one? Nowhere in 2A does it say “unless someone gets shot”.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    So? We don’t give Gifford’s, of Hogg, or any of those people a pass. Why should he get one? Nowhere in 2A does it say “unless someone gets shot”.
    Look at it as human nature.I tripped in the ditch,& now I hate ditches.
    Back to NRA.

Quote Originally Posted by scottync View Post
    What has compromise gotten us? A country that's 242 years old, for starters. Last time I checked, it's we the people, not "I" the people. Lets see how far governing by Presidential proclamation, my way or the highway takes us.
    “We the people” came about after people put their foot down and decided they were fed up with their government. Whether the constitution was a compromise or not, they settled on “shall not be infringed”.

The reason I liked a lot of post is,because Gatorbait isn't around.
    And now I go on way too.

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty222 View Post
    Look at it as human nature.I tripped in the ditch,& now I hate ditches.
    Back to NRA.
    You can hate ditches all you want. Reagan can hate guns all he wants. but thats not an excuse to infringe on peoples rights. Just like if I was digging a ditch on my property for construction and you came and messed it up. I don’t care if you don’t like ditches. You have no business interfering with my property. Nobody is saying you have to dig a ditch.
    Bikenut likes this.

Senior Moderator
    This thread exists because it can be a valuable contribution to the DC Forum, the members, and perhaps the NRA, the GOA or SAF.

It does not merely exist for haters and whiners and bashers to snark and run. You know who you are, so if you are merely here to bash and trash, you need to leave this thread.

We all know the rules, we all know how to be civil, and we all can learn how to communicate effectively.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

MJK
    I am a Benefactor Life member and give to the NRA when I can, especially during major election cycles. I am not a board member, nor an officer, and thus do not have inside knowledge of NRA politics or governance. And I am not interested in devoting my time to criticizing people who choose to express their opinions about those topics either way.

But I am reminded of this: we either hang together or most assuredly we shall hang separately!

A good starting point is to work within to change the NRA’s position on red flag laws, and work within to force support for litigating BATFE’s usurpation of the law defining a fully automatic firearm.

But be judicious and reasoned in your criticisms of NRA; provide solid input to help us be better and stronger in facing the treasonous cult that wants to destroy individual rights recognized in the BOR.

It is not healthy to occupy a position in a circular firing squad for obvious reasons.

Just my humble $0.02.
    “I come in peace. I didn’t bring artillery. But I’m pleading with you, with tears in my eyes: If you [mess] with me, I’ll kill you all."
    — James “Mad Dog” Mattis

Wow I never thought the vote count was that low. I now wonder if Tom Selleck resigning had any thing to do with the current turmoil. I was kind of glad he quit after seeing him pitch reverse mortgages for seniors.
    Snub44 likes this.
    If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!
    NRA Life Endowment Member

I did not interpret that as a suggestion to leave DC.
    Not at all. I don’t agree with some of the tactics of other gun groups. Do I trash them on a public forum? No i do not, especially if I’m not a member of the group I’m criticizing.

We have maybe 20-30 guys participating on this thread. 118 members online. 648 guests on the forum. How many of those guests are bots, or data mining material which may be used against the gun community? The NRA is under siege, much of it friendly fire. To the best of my ability, I wont help efforts to split the gun community. Live to fight another day. Come back and fight for the 20% of the agenda we hate. Good luck swallowing the elephant in one bite.
    Risasi and Rock and Glock like this.

Quote Originally Posted by MJK View Post
    I am a Benefactor Life member and give to the NRA when I can, especially during major election cycles. I am not a board member, nor an officer, and thus do not have inside knowledge of NRA politics or governance. And I am not interested in devoting my time to criticizing people who choose to express their opinions about those topics either way.

But I am reminded of this: we either hang together or most assuredly we shall hang separately!

A good starting point is to work within to change the NRA’s position on red flag laws, and work within to force support for litigating BATFE’s usurpation of the law defining a fully automatic firearm.

But be judicious and reasoned in your criticisms of NRA; provide solid input to help us be better and stronger in facing the treasonous cult that wants to destroy individual rights recognized in the BOR.

It is not healthy to occupy a position in a circular firing squad for obvious reasons.

Just my humble $0.02.
    On the amount of ballot returns, not surprising. I didn't return mine this time either just because I didn't want to take the time to research candidates. The NRA is not perfect, but overall it is fighting the fight.
    On the money side, they are under attack from progressives in government using threats and intimidation to bleed the organization of support and especially money. The things the NY AG has done should make any law abiding citizen stand up and scream.
    I'm a Life Member and haven't been giving much extra cash for years just riding on the NRA's coat tails. I have been active at rallies and even spoke to a committee years ago.
    As for the current mix of issues, I also remember the Cincinnati revolt in the 70's that led to the ILA, I've read differing accounts and am inclined to give WLP a bit more credit than North. It is something that incites me to get more involved and active though.
    Rock and Glock likes this.

Lead Moderator
    Sometimes you're forced to change things up, whether you like it or not.

I wish the NRA no ill will. I sincerely hope that they can find their way back on course.

Fact is, I didnt leave the NRA. The NRA left me.
    Universal Background Checks...the next step towards registration and confiscation.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    https://www.facebook.com/baileysigna...?ref=bookmarks

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links