UNC Charlotte Student Was Killed While Tackling Gunman - Page 2

UNC Charlotte Student Was Killed While Tackling Gunman

This is a discussion on UNC Charlotte Student Was Killed While Tackling Gunman within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Another article from the AP. If you look at this guys eyes, you see nothing there. The same blank stare that most of the other ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: UNC Charlotte Student Was Killed While Tackling Gunman

VIP Member
    Another article from the AP.

If you look at this guys eyes, you see nothing there. The same blank stare that most of the other shooters have exhibited.

The shooters Grandfather is trying to blame it on "easy" access to weapons. Gotta be a liberal knee jerk.

Thank God for Mr Howell's presence that day.
    MY RIGHTS DON'T END WHERE YOUR FEELINGS BEGIN

The situation will NEVER BE THE WAY YOU WANT, it WILL BE THE WAY IT IS. You must be FLEXIBLE ENOUGH TO ADAPT and just "DEAL WITH IT".

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Counterpoint: had he been allowed to carry on campus--would he, or any others, have been armed? Far too many make the assumption there would be a host of armed students on hand. I have my doubts, just as I have doubts of any numbers of armed individuals around me where it is legal to carry.
    My son at CWU would carry if he was allowed to. You bet. They had an active shooter lockdown this winter, and he felt helpless being locked in the library with only his Guardian Tactical Helix.
    Pete63 and Old Man like this.

Our local college here in Utah has no restrictions on faculty, students, or visitors carrying a weapon as long as they hold a valid CCW. We occasionally attend lectures on campus and always go armed. Any faculty member in any school in Utah who has a permit can carry without the knowledge of the school's administration.
    Snub44, Pete63, Wolf357 and 5 others like this.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    What we have here is a failure to communicate...
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

VIP Member
    That's key to success, in my opinion...if the "administration" had to be advised, they'd tack on a ream of rules/regulations. It ought be nobody's business who carries. Texas could take a lesson from Utah on this one!!!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Our local college here in Utah has no restrictions on faculty, students, or visitors carrying a weapon as long as they hold a valid CCW. We occasionally attend lectures on campus and always go armed. Any faculty member in any school in Utah who has a permit can carry without the knowledge of the school's administration.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

I know we've all talked about the decision to engage or fight back for the defense of yourself/others during a mass tragedy. I've been watching this story for a few days. I was really drawn to the mother's quote at the end of the article:
    "While kids were running one way, our son turned and ran towards the shooter," Natalie Henry-Howell*said. "If he was in the room when something like that was happening, and he had turned away, he wouldn't have been able to live with himself."

Its sad the tools that could have helped him save lives were only in the hands of "special people" ie. Law enforcement.
    May we all strive to do our best to live strong and die with honor.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends."

In a time where someone like the Coward of Broward County received a lot of publicity, its is encouraging to hear of other people who still value human life above all else, even their own. Not all heroes wear badges. God bless Riley Howell, and God Bless America.

Petition calls for UNC Charlotte shooting hero to receive burial with full military honors

https://www.foxnews.com/us/unc-charl...ilitary-honors

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

Sent from my LGL164VL using Tapatalk

About the killer;

Airslot said it earlier, the cold black eyes.

The papers said he had just lost his mother (she died) and he has autism. The calm way he said he had just killed some people, the fact he never was into guns AND the fact is was very important he learn other languages per his grandfather (thatís just weird).

Who wantís to bet me $100 that the boy was on ANTIDEPRESSANTS!!!

ALL OF THE SHOOTERS, IN THE PAST 10 YEARS OR SO WERE ON ANTIDEPRESSANTS.

What will they do? Blame the gun.

NOT THE NRA, ITíS THE FDA THAT ARE KILLING PEOPLE LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT!

Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

I just wish heíd have been armed so that we wouldnít have to bless his soul or thank him for sacrificing. As for if students their would have been armed my thought is if the option was their someone might be and these things happen where they do as a result of knowing they are soft targets. Look at Utah hasnít happened their. Look at Aurora as I recall he who Iíll not name went past two theaters to stop at the one with a sign on the door.

Colorado is the same- I carry on the CU-Boulder campus regularly. My wife can carry , if she so chooses. The only general exception is for ticketed events, like football/basketball games, where they do prohibit carry and have screening checkpoints. Recently, however, secure lock boxes were made available outside these venues for public use during the games.
    G26Raven and airslot like this.
    Enjoying my daily viewing of the "love has no labels" SJW clickbait on DC.com.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

When shopping at Walmart, remember that even serial killers need to buy toilet paper.

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    About the killer;

Airslot said it earlier, the cold black eyes.

The papers said he had just lost his mother (she died) and he has autism. The calm way he said he had just killed some people, the fact he never was into guns AND the fact is was very important he learn other languages per his grandfather (thatís just weird).

Who wantís to bet me $100 that the boy was on ANTIDEPRESSANTS!!!

ALL OF THE SHOOTERS, IN THE PAST 10 YEARS OR SO WERE ON ANTIDEPRESSANTS.

What will they do? Blame the gun.

NOT THE NRA, ITíS THE FDA THAT ARE KILLING PEOPLE LETS GET THIS STRAIGHT!

Nope! Pretty sure that is a losing bet.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

And my point was: even in Utah, seeing as everyone with a permit can carry on campus there, and Utah issues permits to all qualified individuals, do all those eligible qualified individuals have a permit and carry wherever legal?

Not everyone who could have a permit has one? Not everyone who has a permit actually carries everywhere? No, I think some think everyone would when the numbers say otherwise. Carrying is most often not a question of "can" but "want." I think far more don't want to than do. Even in the "Gunshine State" the percentage of those eligible for a permit to those who have one is a minute percentage.
    Snub44, G26Raven and airslot like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    I agree with your point...even here in TX, a fraction of those who could be licensed and carry are...and a fraction of those who can carry daily do...the outcry when something like this happens is "Give us a CHANCE to defend ourselves!!!" In time, we'll probably see mass shootings where someone or more than one someone in the room was armed and just didn't make up his/her mind to act to stop it. Law can't force them to act...but it can be written so as to give the CHANCE that there'll be a legally armed person who can make a difference...that's the thing we need to change.
    airslot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    And my point was: even in Utah, seeing as everyone with a permit can carry on campus there, and Utah issues permits to all qualified individuals, do all those eligible qualified individuals have a permit and carry wherever legal?

Not everyone who could have a permit has one? Not everyone who has a permit actually carries everywhere? No, I think some think everyone would when the numbers say otherwise. Carrying is most often not a question of "can" but "want." I think far more don't want to than do. Even in the "Gunshine State" the percentage of those eligible for a permit to those who have one is a minute percentage.
    Nope, you are absolutely correct. Many who have permits don't bother to carry.
    airslot likes this.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    What we have here is a failure to communicate...
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

Feng shui zero to infinity all the way.

Mr. Howell is a good and righteous example of what a dangerous beast is capable of.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

The shooter is an evil piece of trash and it is people like their grandfather that enable things like this to happen by always blaming an object and never the one that committed the crime. May the shooter's name be lost to history. May the name of Riley Howell, a hero, be well remembered. RIP and God bless you.
    airslot likes this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links