UNC Charlotte Student Was Killed While Tackling Gunman

This is a discussion on UNC Charlotte Student Was Killed While Tackling Gunman within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; What a tragedy this is. This all could have turned out so differently if another student, or the instructor, was armed. A University of North ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree127Likes

Thread: UNC Charlotte Student Was Killed While Tackling Gunman

What a tragedy this is. This all could have turned out so differently if another student, or the instructor, was armed.

A University of North Carolina (UNC) Charlotte student sacrificed himself to help end a mass shooting on the university campus on Tuesday, police said.

Riley Howell, 21, was listening to final presentations in his anthropology class when one of his fellow classmates, 22-year-old Trystan Andrew Terrell, abruptly opened fire inside the classroom.

Read the complete article here.
    https://defensemaven.io/bluelivesmat...saa677VnUy3cIY
    Mike1956, scottync, Havok and 5 others like this.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.

If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

VIP Member
    There is a need to allow "armed campus carry, as here in Texas, as opposed to having to leave your weapon in your car. Not trying to "talk up Texas", but we all know a gun which is handy trumps a gun left in your car, or at home. A brave young man, whom died from lack of being able to defend himself, or others. NO ONE wins, EXCEPT the perp.

https://www.armedcampuses.org/north-carolina/
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

"That last full measure of devotion."

RIP
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

VIP Member
    Admirable use of the dead man's ten seconds. Hats off, and salutes.
    Risasi, Havok, G26Raven and 4 others like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

RIP! Your heroism has not gone unnoticed!
    Annoy a Liberal!! Get a job and think for yourself!

RIP.

Mr. Howell is more of a man than the former Broward County Sheriff and his underlings could ever hope to be.
    Enjoying my daily viewing of the "love has no labels" SJW clickbait on DC.com.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

When shopping at Walmart, remember that even serial killers need to buy toilet paper.

Distinguished Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    Well done sir, well done. Your sacrifice was not without notice and not without benefit to many.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

"No greater love....." - Jesus

It's terrible that this young man lost his life but thank God he had the will and courage to do what needed to be done. He is a true hero!
    xXxHeavy, airslot and Old Man like this.
    "Power always comes from men acting together…; isolated men are powerless by definition.” Hannah Arendt

"The less we are governed internally, the more we invite external governance from the state." Murray Rothbard

Distinguished Member Array xXxHeavy's Avatar
    "Hero" doesn't even sum it up.............they ought to just take that rat bastage out back and end it.....omo.
    Why did the Moron buy a ladder...... he's takin' his case to a higher court.

Quote Originally Posted by simple_man17 View Post
    "No greater love....." - Jesus
    Around here we're expected to worship everyone who dons a uniform or pins on a badge as a hero. This is something I think is politically based, and I vehemently object to. Heroism isn't something worn; it's an exceptional act of selfless bravery that individuals commit that defies that most basic natural instinct known as 'self-preservation'.

When someone commits the ultimate sacrifice to save other lives, they earn their place in heaven.
    And Jesus said, "If you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one." (Luke 22:36)

I am a peaceful man. But I am not a pacifist.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf357 View Post
    Around here we're expected to worship everyone who dons a uniform or pins on a badge as a hero. This is something I think is politically based, and I vehemently object to. Heroism isn't something worn; it's an exceptional act of selfless bravery that individuals commit that defies that most basic natural instinct known as 'self-preservation'.

When someone commits the ultimate sacrifice to save other lives, they earn their place in heaven.
    Yet I am sure Trystan would rather have had a handgun to shoot back with.....
    ButtShot14 and Old Man like this.

VIP Member
    Well done, young man - I'm sorry you had to die for that scumbag, but you saved others from him.
    So who is this Will that everybody fires at, what did he do, and how come he's not dead yet??

Quote Originally Posted by Pete63 View Post
    There is a need to allow "armed campus carry, as here in Texas, as opposed to having to leave your weapon in your car. Not trying to "talk up Texas", but we all know a gun which is handy trumps a gun left in your car, or at home. A brave young man, whom died from lack of being able to defend himself, or others. NO ONE wins, EXCEPT the perp.

https://www.armedcampuses.org/north-carolina/
    Counterpoint: had he been allowed to carry on campus--would he, or any others, have been armed? Far too many make the assumption there would be a host of armed students on hand. I have my doubts, just as I have doubts of any numbers of armed individuals around me where it is legal to carry.
    Mike1956, G26Raven, redmc and 2 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Counterpoint: had he been allowed to carry on campus--would he, or any others, have been armed? Far too many make the assumption there would be a host of armed students on hand. I have my doubts, just as I have doubts of any numbers of armed individuals around me where it is legal to carry.
    Say what YOU want. I'D RATHER BE ARMED! Not that I'm going on ANY campus, but why limit persons whom ARE CAPABLE of defending themselves from that OPTION. As to guessing whom is armed & whom isn't, not my concern. The liberals caused a big stink at the state's largest university (liberal bastion), when campus carry became law. Nothing happened. Same campus that had the "original campus mass shooting". I remember it, like it was yesterday!
    Snub44, airslot and G26Raven like this.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member
    Live Well, Laugh Often, Defend Yourself
    Nemo Me Impune Lacessit
    This land abounds in ruffians and varmints. Their numbers are legion, their evil skills commensurate.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links