Why I Carry A Gun - Page 2

Why I Carry A Gun

This is a discussion on Why I Carry A Gun within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by matthew03 I try my best to not have to answer stupid questions, staying away from stupid people is a great start. Such ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Why I Carry A Gun

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    I try my best to not have to answer stupid questions, staying away from stupid people is a great start.
    Such options aren't always available, sez the guy who just spent a long week-end in Maryland with the progressive gun haters. I have to say, tho, the rhetoric was a bit more subdued in light of synagogue shootings.
    matthew03 and Pete63 like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Quote Originally Posted by matthew03 View Post
    I try my best to not have to answer stupid questions, staying away from stupid people is a great start.
    Good strategy but I have to leave the house occasionally.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

God created mankind, Saint Sam Colt and Saint John Moses Browning made them equal.
    Pete63, matthew03 and sdprof like this.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by buckwheatpaul View Post
    This was posted on another related site....it pretty much sums up my thoughts on the subject!

Why I carry a gun.

An old aunt shared this with me, pretty much sums it up,Why I Carry a Gun?

My old Grandpa said to me, 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take a whoopin'.'

I don't carry a gun to kill people; I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the World.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government; I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry; I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone; I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man; I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate; I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it; I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron: Free citizens must protect themselves because police do not protect you from crime; they just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a whoopin'!
    -----------------------
    Nice post!

When asked why I 'need' to carry a gun, I typically reply that car insurance, homeowners insurance, and fire extinguishers only have to come in handy once in order to make the investment worthwhile; and, along with ccw, they provide piece of mind even if rarely, or even never, needed.

And, I'm rarely asked about it anyhoo, as I'm assiduously careful at concealment.

Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    I have a small penis so you know gun.......to much information???
    LimaCharlie likes this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    My signature line says one good reason. Been the lamb a time or two, it pays to be prepared.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

See second line of my sig.
    ~~~~~
    The only common sense gun legislation was written about 227 years ago.

I carry always not because I go places trouble is likely, but because trouble has a habit of not staying in its assigned zone.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links