Why I Carry A Gun

Why I Carry A Gun

This is a discussion on Why I Carry A Gun within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This was posted on another related site....it pretty much sums up my thoughts on the subject! Why I carry a gun. An old aunt shared ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree91Likes

Thread: Why I Carry A Gun

Why I Carry A Gun

This was posted on another related site....it pretty much sums up my thoughts on the subject!

Why I carry a gun.

An old aunt shared this with me, pretty much sums it up,Why I Carry a Gun?

My old Grandpa said to me, 'Son, there comes a time in every man's life when he stops bustin' knuckles and starts bustin' caps and usually it's when he becomes too old to take a whoopin'.'

I don't carry a gun to kill people; I carry a gun to keep from being killed.

I don't carry a gun because I'm evil; I carry a gun because I have lived long enough to see the evil in the World.

I don't carry a gun because I hate the government; I carry a gun because I understand the limitations of government.

I don't carry a gun because I'm angry; I carry a gun so that I don't have to spend the rest of my life hating myself for failing to be prepared.

I don't carry a gun because I want to shoot someone; I carry a gun because I want to die at a ripe old age in my bed and not on a sidewalk somewhere tomorrow afternoon.

I don't carry a gun to make me feel like a man; I carry a gun because men know how to take care of themselves and the ones they love.

I don't carry a gun because I feel inadequate; I carry a gun because unarmed and facing three armed thugs, I am inadequate.

I don't carry a gun because I love it; I carry a gun because I love life and the people who make it meaningful to me.

Police protection is an oxymoron: Free citizens must protect themselves because police do not protect you from crime; they just investigate the crime after it happens and then call someone in to clean up the mess.

Personally, I carry a gun because I'm too young to die and too old to take a whoopin'!
    -----------------------

VIP Member
    Simply stated: If people ask me why I carry I gun I will respond with "Why do you have homeowner's insurance?"

My gun is my life insurance policy. As with homeowner's insurance, it is something you have and keep and hope you will not have to use.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

My answer is more simple and less dramatic than the OP: I carry a gun to protect myself and other innocent people in an increasingly dangerous world and to exercise one of my God-given rights that is protected by the greatest and most free country in the world.
    GpTom, DZUS, matthew03 and 4 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

VIP Member
    I'm not going to become edible.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

flh
    I love my wife & family I want to come home to them each evening ...
    OldChap, DZUS and duane_wade like this.

I've Been Called A Lot Of Names But Papa Is My Favorite

Simple answer: A cop is just too heavy to carry around all the time.
    OldChap, Wavygravy, DZUS and 2 others like this.

Because I can?
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

None of my pants would fit without a pistol IWB.
    Nobody but me or God should (has right to) end my life.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Long ago, I was a Boy Scout, but I still go by the Scout motto:

"Be prepared"
    OldChap, Pete63, DZUS and 2 others like this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Why I Carry A Gun
    In case somebody needs shootin'.
    (My standard answer to that question)
    OldChap likes this.

My mom was approached by a guy who was up to no good in a department store parking lot in the middle of the day. Fortunately another car pulled up and the person was scared off. Down from my house, a guy was accosted at an ATM. He ended up getting shot.
    https://www.wtxl.com/news/teen-being...3aa7a0c4a.html

A few weeks later, an armed robbery was attempted at an ATM, but that was thwarted as well.

There are some dogs (bully breeds) in my neighborhood. They stay in their respective yard, but not leashed. I walk mine and don't want to have to fight one off should it come after us.
    OldChap likes this.

I carry a gun because I have seen the face of evil, and he is all around me.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Distinguished Member Array Cornhusker95's Avatar
    Because i will die of something...Rather cancer.heart attack,car accident,motorcycle crash,etc etc....
    But i refuse to be a helpless victim because someone hates their life and is having a bad day or someone
    wants my money or property rather than working for it themselves.....

I try my best to not have to answer stupid questions, staying away from stupid people is a great start.
    https://www.facebook.com/Appalachian...125519/?ref=hl
    I don't train to fight some street urchin, I train to fight the evil version of myself, and that person scares me, because I know the time I put into my training on how to beat him.

Sponsor
    People carry guns? Hmm,
    Pete63 and matthew03 like this.
    The mind is the limiting factor

The lion does not even bother to turn his head when he hears the small dog barking.

https://www.youtube.com/user/azqkr

Quick Kill Rifle and Pistol Instructor

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links