Ever had to let ugly out to play? - Page 3

Ever had to let ugly out to play?

This is a discussion on Ever had to let ugly out to play? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Has never happened......

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree170Likes

Thread: Ever had to let ugly out to play?

Has never happened...
    AzQkr and airslot like this.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.

Well took place over 50 years ago. I was a 22 year old kid.
    NRA PATRON LIFE
    AzCDL Life Member
    BROWN WATER NAVY

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SFury View Post
    I was born with a lot of rage, and little fear. I learned early on to fight the anger, and keep it in. There have been times when I could tell people thought of me as a target. Once I sense danger, I let the rage partially out. Apparently the change is outwardly noticeable. I've seen groups of thugs (at the Mall of America in the Twin Cities) turn and move away from me and my friend. They were looking at me as they moved away.

I was born to be a predator. My little brother doesn't have that aspect within him. Sometimes I think he's the lucky one.
    More than once I've had potential BG's turn and walk away after selecting me as a target.
    Only twice have I gotten an answer as to why the abrupt change.

Once with a group of 4 gang bangers that had a young couple cornered when I happened to walk in on their fun. The leader told the two who started my way to back off "That one's trouble." Was only a couple weeks later that I was approached by that same gang and asked to provide firearms training. An offer I turned down with just a little trepidation on the possible consequences. The amount of personal information that gang had on me was sobering and made me look at today's gangs with a different perspective. That needs a thread all it's own.

The other was a combative drunk in the booking room when I happened to be working. He was fighting with the jailer when he saw me through the window. He abruptly sat down and told the jailer, "You didn't have to call HIM!" The young man's family and mine go back 3-4 generations. Sometimes reputation (real or imagined) can be an asset.
    msgt/ret, AzQkr, G26Raven and 2 others like this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

"Ugly" keeps you and your family alive. The only people that have to worry about "Ugly" are the ones that made you "Ugly". Protect yourself and your family. The most important thing is for you and your family to go home unharmed.---Sturgis
    AzQkr, Bikenut, OldVet and 2 others like this.
    S&W 340 M&P .357
    S&W 640 and S&W 64 .38 Spl
    Glock19 9mm
    S&W M&P 45C
    Mossberg 500
    NRA Member

Once. I called it, letting the Brooklyn back out. It took about 1/2 hour before my 2nd job ended. My youngest daughter saw it and it put the fear in her bully husband forever.
    AzQkr, G26Raven, airslot and 2 others like this.
    MACV Advisory Team 75, HQ'd in My Tho at the "Seminary", 1967-1969

I left the ugly side of me in southwest asia.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "TOUJOURS PRET"

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    I let someone peek behind the curtain once. I found out later it actually scared my wife and mother in law. Neither of them knew I had it in me. I'm a very calm mellow person normally.
    TSKnight and airslot like this.

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    I let someone peek behind the curtain once. I found out later it actually scared my wife and mother in law. Neither of them knew I had it in me. I'm a very calm mellow person normally.
    Calm, cool, and collected. My Ex used those words to describe me quite often. If the situation called for it, she would add Deadly to it.
    airslot likes this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links