Pet dogs at willing businesses. You... like, don't care, dislike? - Page 3

Pet dogs at willing businesses. You... like, don't care, dislike?

This is a discussion on Pet dogs at willing businesses. You... like, don't care, dislike? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Howdy! We are fulltime Rverís and are in Florida for a few months. I have seen the most people here with there pets. Iím sure ...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree386Likes

Thread: Pet dogs at willing businesses. You... like, don't care, dislike?

Howdy!

We are fulltime Rverís and are in Florida for a few months. I have seen the most people here with there pets. Iím sure they donít want to leave them in a hot vehicle. I donít have a problem with it as long as their pet is well behaved. In fact most pet behave better than children these days. I donít agree with pets in food service areas.

ďHappy TrailsĒ
    Chiefneon
    Hoganbeg and msgt/ret like this.

Quote Originally Posted by chiefneon View Post
    I donít have a problem with it as long as their pet is well behaved. In fact most pet behave better than children these days.

ďHappy TrailsĒ
    Chiefneon
    That's because the sentence is shorter for smacking your dog than it is for smacking your kid.
    G-man*, msgt/ret, CDW4ME and 1 others like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    That's because the sentence is longer for smacking your dog than it is for smacking your kid.
    Fixed it for ya
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

Clean and well-behaved doggies are great with me.

My only real problem is when folks bring their pit bulls or nervous or visibly sick canines into businesses.

I do have an issue, however, with folks (truly disabled not withstanding) bringing their pets of any kind on board a commercial aircraft in the pax cabin.

As an aside, whenever we invite folks into our home, we ask if they have a dog allergy. Our two overly friendly golden retrievers will find ways to get up close and personal with anyone coming through our front door.
    OldChap likes this.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

It depends...

Name:  3467.jpeg
Views: 31
Size:  7.5 KB
    CDW4ME, OldChap and DZUS like this.

Bring on the dogs. They're better than most people.
    U.S. Army Veteran SP-5

Distinguished Member Array riverrambler's Avatar
    I like seeing them. Have to agree with Misty Lu, they're better behaved than most children.
    CDW4ME and OldChap like this.
    I didn't attend his funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it.
    Mark Twain

I guess I don't see it enough to have given it much thought. I don't really care if I see a dog at the hardware store or Cabelas. I do not want to see the family dog when I go out to eat (service dogs for folks who need them to function is a different story). I love dogs but I guess I'm "old fashioned" enough to prefer a line drawn between the people world and the pet world.
    OldChap and DZUS like this.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Distinguished Member Array patkelly4370's Avatar
    Don't care for the most part.
    We don't take our dog most places because she's not always friendly to other dogs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    OldChap and MMinSC like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    ...I really don't like seeing non-service animals in the grocery store, especially when they are riding in the shopping cart.
    Multiple likes. Dogs in shopping carts are totally unacceptable IMO.

My late BIL trained service dogs. Very interesting to learn the dos and don'ts. Don't pet service dogs in training, if they're wearing their "working" gear.

I do, however have an issue with non-service dogs in grocery stores and food service areas inside restaurants.
    msgt/ret, Hoganbeg and OldChap like this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

As long as they're well behaved, bring 'em. I like more dogs than I do people
    CDW4ME likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoganbeg View Post
    True service animals are well-trained, necessary, and welcome. Well-trained children are acceptable as well. I really don't like seeing non-service animals in the grocery store, especially when they are riding in the shopping cart.

Name:  WalmartCart.png
Views: 32
Size:  270.1 KB

Arguably a dog might not be the worst thing one of those carts might contact.

Pet dogs are not allowed in WalMart, here anyway; I use pick-up, dog rides with me, groceries brought out to my vehicle. Easy & quick.
    Pet, non-service dog, I don't know of grocery stores or inside restaurants that allow it. Not saying they should either.
    Wolf357 and OldChap like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by glockman10mm View Post
    Iím in the leave them at home camp.

I love my dog, but I know she is not human, and do not treat her as such.

We live in very interesting times, where people are getting a lot of things twisted.
    Yea, I recall someone shooting a squirrel just for their dog.

Whereas this guy gets it all twisted and has the dog sit on the floor with a water dish waiting for a bite of food.
    Pet dogs at willing businesses. You... like, don't care, dislike?-dukelunch.jpg

OldChap likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by patkelly4370 View Post
    Don't care for the most part.
    We don't take our dog most places because she's not always friendly to other dogs.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Could make some great memes with that grumpy face. Much like grumpy cat
    OldChap likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Weaponeer View Post
    Pets donít belong in restaurants or even places with patios. Nothing like seeing a dog vomit, crap or you getting a dog fart while youíre eating a mouthful of food.

People treat their pets like humans and they ainít.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I say take your dog everywhere it is allowed...If they are raised right and behave i have no problem with it.
    Are babies still allowed to scream next to you while eating...Pass gas and load up their diaper...Do we have to sit next to people
    that are a week removed from their last bath?....Do we have listen to someone hacking on a rib while out to eat?....Yes we do...
    So i will take a dog over all of the above....Heck they are around us at home for every meal and sometimes i share a bite or two with mine,
    OldChap and CDW4ME like this.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links