Well, here ya' go...

Well, here ya' go...

This is a discussion on Well, here ya' go... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Po Po run amok??? IDK https://thefreethoughtproject.com/sm...bLc00Gf_brhDmk...

Like Tree14Likes
  • 1 Post By Shootnlead
  • 4 Post By gasmitty
  • 1 Post By jmf552
  • 1 Post By SFury
  • 4 Post By gasmitty
  • 1 Post By OldVet
  • 1 Post By OldChap
  • 1 Post By Shootnlead

Thread: Well, here ya' go...

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar

Well, here ya' go...

OldChap likes this.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Senior Moderator
    Let them all spend time in prison if they're convicted, and lose a lot of civil rights they previously took for granted. Idiots.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Quote Originally Posted by gasmitty View Post
    Let them all spend time in prison if they're convicted, and lose a lot of civil rights they previously took for granted. Idiots.
    The linked article was from 2015. I read some more recent stuff and I am not sure anyone was charged. I am not defending them, but apparently they were running a legal police sting operation with help from the feds. The money was kept under asset forfeiture laws. The fact that the money was also "enjoyed" by some of the officers living the high life was just bad management, not necessarily a crime.

Civil asset forfeiture is a real problem in our legal system. It provides a motive for LE agencies to do operations just to get the assets. There are eight states that don't allow it and there have been some moves made to make it illegal in all states, but it hasn't happened yet.
    OldChap likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

The asset forfeiture laws are in need of changing. There is far too much freedom with them in many states. Mine included unless I missed a recent law being passed to change that.
    OldChap likes this.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    The linked article was from 2015. I read some more recent stuff and I am not sure anyone was charged. I am not defending them, but apparently they were running a legal police sting operation with help from the feds.
    We've seen a lot of these lately - articles which are several years old, recirculated on the net and posted as new news. A reminder to all - it's worth a few minutes to check the dates on articles, and assess whether there age puts them into the "stale news" category with minimal value here.
    airslot, OD*, AzQkr and 1 others like this.
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Now I'm feeling like stale news...
    OldChap likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

@OldVet As they used to say..."Your suit just needs fumigating!"
    OldVet likes this.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Notice...I qualified this with "IDK"...that means I don't know.

Also, the timeliness of a report does not necessarily qualify or disqualify legitimacy...remember, we constantly refer to what politicians have done or were though to have done years prior...Po Po should not be held to a different standard.
    OD* likes this.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Sponsored Links