Some may call me "sexist" or "misogynist" - Page 2

Some may call me "sexist" or "misogynist"

This is a discussion on Some may call me "sexist" or "misogynist" within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Sexist? Misogynist? Y'all is speaking in tongues....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree109Likes

Thread: Some may call me "sexist" or "misogynist"

Sexist? Misogynist? Y'all is speaking in tongues.
    G26Raven, Old Man, Tstone and 1 others like this.

My wife is a redhead and carries a gun!

A redhead is a blonde from hell.

Do you know the difference between a terrorist and a redhead?

You can negotiate with terrorists.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Misty Lu, my better half is the kindest person I have ever met. She lives the life of a true Christian (I am not). What she is doing with me is beyond what I can fathom.
    Old Man likes this.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    What we have here is a failure to communicate...
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty Lu View Post
    I'm a woman. And I think some of you men need a reality check regarding women.

A woman's heart can go from tender and loving to cold and hateful in a single beat.

Ever been to divorce court after giving who you thought was the love of your life your heart and soul?

In our sick society, women have most of the advantages in nearly every aspect of life... Think about this sad fact before praising "your better halves".
    I have a reality check every day I wake up and my wife is still here, haha! We've been together for 44 years and she hasn't left me yet and I'm afraid to leave her, so I guess we'll be putting up with each other until one of us passes on.

I heard once that when God created woman, he didn't chose a bone from Adam's head where she would be above him and Adam would place her on a pedestal, and God didn't pick a bone from Adam's foot where he would look down on Eve and trample on her, but God chose a rib so that Eve would be on the same plane with Adam and walk as an equal with him through life. That pretty well sums up my idea of marriage, women's liberation, and co-existence. Equals.
    G26Raven and Rockymonster like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty Lu View Post
    I'm a woman. And I think some of you men need a reality check regarding women.

A woman's heart can go from tender and loving to cold and hateful in a single beat.

Ever been to divorce court after giving who you thought was the love of your life your heart and soul?

In our sick society, women have most of the advantages in nearly every aspect of life... Think about this sad fact before praising "your better halves".
    I love that a woman came in to pour cold water on the whole deal.

Woman, as such, are pretty great, but so are men in their own ways. And some women are as bad as any man, just with a nicer wrapping to hide it in.
    G26Raven likes this.
    "Lots of ways to help people. Sometimes heal patients; sometimes shoot dangerous people. Either way helps."
    - Dr. Mordin Solus

I'm willing to follow and dog that gets game.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man View Post
    I heard once that when God created woman, he didn't chose a bone from Adam's head where she would be above him and Adam would place her on a pedestal, and God didn't pick a bone from Adam's foot where he would look down on Eve and trample on her, but God chose a rib so that Eve would be on the same plane with Adam and walk as an equal with him through life.
    It's from a poem "Letter to Women from God" -- You were not taken from his feet, to be under him, nor were you taken from his head, to be above him. You were taken from his side, to stand beside him and be held close to his side.

By the way, many Hebrew scholars claim the word translated as "rib" should be translated as "side".

Matthew Henry wrote a very similar commentary in the 1600s, and Isaac ben Judah Abarbanel wrote something similar in the late 1400s. And if memory serves correctly (don't bet on it), in the 1983 film, Yentl quoted something like it from the Talmud.

I don't recall the word misogynist being used very often in the 1990's, that word and some of the ones that end in phobic that are so popular for the left to use toward people that disagree with them are what I call "made up words"; they been made up in the last decade (or so) and now overly & improperly used.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Quote Originally Posted by CDW4ME View Post
    I don't recall the word misogynist being used very often in the 1990's, that word and some of the ones that end in phobic that are so popular for the left to use toward people that disagree with them are what I call "made up words"; they been made up in the last decade (or so) and now overly & improperly used.
    Actually, it's a pretty old word:

misogyny (n.)
    "hatred of women," 1650s, from Modern Latin misogynia, from Greek misogynia, abstract noun from misogynēs "woman-hater," from miso- "hatred" (see miso-) + gynē "woman" (from PIE root *gwen- "woman").
    Old Man likes this.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    What we have here is a failure to communicate...
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

Quote Originally Posted by G26Raven View Post
    Actually, it's a pretty old word:

misogyny (n.)
    "hatred of women," 1650s, from Modern Latin misogynia, from Greek misogynia, abstract noun from misogynēs "woman-hater," from miso- "hatred" (see miso-) + gynē "woman" (from PIE root *gwen- "woman").
    Yea. That one is. Odd how use of it and some of the words that end in phobia skyrocketed in the last decade or so.
    G26Raven and Vexmaw like this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skolnick View Post
    It's from a poem "Letter to Women from God" -- You were not taken from his feet, to be under him, nor were you taken from his head, to be above him. You were taken from his side, to stand beside him and be held close to his side.

By the way, many Hebrew scholars claim the word translated as "rib" should be translated as "side".

Matthew Henry wrote a very similar commentary in the 1600s, and Isaac ben Judah Abarbanel wrote something similar in the late 1400s. And if memory serves correctly (don't bet on it), in the 1983 film, Yentl quoted something like it from the Talmud.
    Thank you very much for the references to where this commentary had its origins! The first time I heard it was at a marriage ceremony being performed by a Baptist minister from Arkansas. He was a scholar of the human condition, but I doubt if he had read the Talmud or Isaac ben Judah Abarbanel, but perhaps Matthew Henry.
    G26Raven likes this.

Like my guns, I like women clean, well-lubed and ready to go.
    U.S. Army Veteran SP-5

I have liked women all my life, My # 2 wife of 32 years is the greatest. Ever since I've known her she carries a Ladysmith.
    G26Raven likes this.

I would first like to clarify that I never intended to offend any of the good people who post here with my OP concerning how evil women can be be. But this is purely a generalization, and I was not singling out any of the loving couples here or anywhere else.

I would also like to clear the air about my personal relationship with member, Wolf357, (Wolfie), and his ongoing divorce proceedings. Neither he, his soon-to-be ex, or me are bad people. Life just happens. And contrary to tabloid gossip, assumptions, and premature conclusions, she and I don't hate each other. She is a very attractive and sophisticated woman who would never stoop to any kind of undignified conduct. We are NOT enemies... Sorry to spoil the dramatic scenario some of you must have been entertaining about this matter. But some couples just drift apart, peacefully divorce, and get on with their lives; as in this case.

Now, moving on:

While the much abused term, 'misogynist', is tossed around by radical feminists and other SJWs, one hardly hears the term, 'misandry' being used to describe how traditional Christian men are being ruthlessly slandered these days. We are being assailed with terrible lies about the men who conquered, settled, and developed America into the prosperous land of equal opportunity it is today.

Now that life is so much easier for women due to preferential treatment called affirmative action, these female ingrates denigrate the strong masculine men who would honestly love and cherish them, because society has made it possible for them to live successfully without the protection of men.

A beautiful young woman, just to brighten your day.

Name:  beautiful young woman.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  27.1 KB
    Last edited by SouthernBoyVA; June 11th, 2019 at 08:10 PM.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links