Useful information for those whose spouses don't enjoy firearms

This is a discussion on Useful information for those whose spouses don't enjoy firearms within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I am not sure how I missed this, but I just stumbled across this today. Fortunately, my wife enjoys firearms, but for those whose spouses ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Thread: Useful information for those whose spouses don't enjoy firearms

I am not sure how I missed this, but I just stumbled across this today. Fortunately, my wife enjoys firearms, but for those whose spouses don't, there's this....

sdprof and OD* like this.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    What we have here is a failure to communicate...
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

Distinguished Member Array RedSafety's Avatar
    While my wife isn't exactly a gun enthusiast, she doesn't mind me carrying. Especially after the other night. Unfortunately, she doens't understand how shooting a .22 is different than shooting an airsoft gun. The 22C is in the closet, ready for transport to Iowa to take my grandson out to the range.
    G26Raven and DZUS like this.
    When seconds count, help is only 18+ minutes away!

My wife carries and has her own guns. The secret is to have many guns. If your spouse asks, just say it has been in the safe for a long time. Never define a long time.

I keep a MS Excel spreadsheet of all of our guns. I printed it out one day on our printer which is in my wife's computer area. I forgot to get it. When I walked in, she had it in her hand. She said, "You have this many guns in the safe?" and repeated it several times.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    I have a list of everything I currently have as well as a list of what I had before the house fire. The current list is quite a bit shorter.
    I really need to consolidate a list of what Dad left my Brother and I. There are some there that I don't remember ever seeing before he passed.

Thankfully my Wife hasn't complained about anything I have picked up after the fire.
    DZUS and G26Raven like this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Name:  883C4486-80B5-4BC1-8336-66986AA9F1EB.jpeg
Views: 36
Size:  27.4 KB

....num-nuts don’t have a clue that us women have our guns in the washer side, under the fridge, back of make-up mirror, list goes on. Crooks would look first in the safe duh.

Y’all are underestimating women big time. Ain’t right, for all that lie to their wife I hope your dinner sucks for the next 7 days -

Hoo-Doo VooDoo put on you right there “poof”!
    TSKnight, SatCong, niks and 10 others like this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

VIP Member
    First: "The Wife" is the keeper of the inventory and has full access to "the safe." He will try to hide his bags of M&M's but he would not hide a gun from me. So there.

We have an interesting situation, though. You know the saying, "What's good for the goose is good for the gander?"

Gramps takes that LITERALLY: When I get a new gun, he has to get one. To give him credit, he will often trade one of his old ones that he really hasn't used in forever. But this Gander has never kept a 1911 for more than a couple months and a few years ago he vowed he would NOT get another one. WELL, Mrs. Goose here has two P238's ("Honey, I shrunk the 1911") and then last fall she bought a Browning 1911-22 (light weight, 85% of full size).

THAT DID IT. As soon as Mr. Gander read the article in the NRA magazine about the RIA 9mm 1911, he had to have one. And he usually doesn't enjoy shooting 9mm because it's too wimpy. It took him a few weeks of agonizing, but out of the safe came a couple guns and home came the new RIA with extra magazines. And this time I think he has a keeper!

I have not had the opportunity to see if I can shoot it yet but I really do want to try because I think the weight will absorb enough of the recoil to make it possible for me to shoot it, once in a while, for a few shots anyway. NO I will not claim it. But it would be great to have a 9mm again that I actually can shoot with my damaged hand!
    Wolf357, G26Raven, DZUS and 5 others like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    My wife carries and has her own guns. The secret is to have many guns. If your spouse asks, just say it has been in the safe for a long time. Never define a long time.

I keep a MS Excel spreadsheet of all of our guns. I printed it out one day on our printer which is in my wife's computer area. I forgot to get it. When I walked in, she had it in her hand. She said, "You have this many guns in the safe?" and repeated it several times.
    Ask her to log all her shoes and purses...
    Hatchee, G26Raven and Risasi like this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Name:  883C4486-80B5-4BC1-8336-66986AA9F1EB.jpeg
Views: 36
Size:  27.4 KB

....num-nuts don’t have a clue that us women have our guns in the washer side, under the fridge, back of make-up mirror, list goes on. Crooks would look first in the safe duh.

Y’all are underestimating women big time. Ain’t right, for all that lie to their wife I hope your dinner sucks for the next 7 days -

Hoo-Doo VooDoo put on you right there “poof”!
    Sorry, did you write something?
    Sister, G26Raven, deadguy and 1 others like this.
    "You talk a lot, but you're not saying anything" - Psycho Killer, The Talking Heads

"The winds are crying, 'Remember me;' Through the Holy silence of the desert and the sea; The next armada, waiting for the tide; Wind and rain are nothing to the storm inside" - Running on the Rocks, Shriekback

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Sorry, did you write something?

Name:  2C077AA5-F023-4DFE-8420-03A6F09487EA.jpeg
Views: 38
Size:  32.0 KB

Not that your aware of
    10thmtn and ShooterGranny like this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post

Been There! DR
    G26Raven likes this.

My wife couldn't tell one from another. But I would bet good money she knows how many I have!
    I have tried several variations of Oh honey I've had this one a long time, Or I traded for it.
    But by far the most underhanded thing I ever did was ....

I wanted to try a military match and wanted a Swede mauser with the olympic sights. I found one that was just what I wanted for just under $500. The problem was it was near Christmas time and money was short. So instead of telling what I really wanted I brought home a H&H catalog with the pricelist! She got a look at those and there was no way we could do that! So next it was a Cooper catalog, then a weatherby, and Kimber catalog.... Last was an Anschutz catalog.
    Finally I said Well' maybe I could try it out with a used gun at just under $500. Just to see if I liked it! I swear her checkbook flew out of her purse!
    That was more than 30 years ago... and I still feel a little bad about it! But only a little! DR

VIP Member
    They guys in the video left off a good piece of advice: if you ever secretly purchase a custom from a 1911 gunsmith, make sure you tell them not to send Christmas cards.
    May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead

dangerranger, years back, when I wanted to buy a Ford Explorer, a friend suggested I start out by telling my wife I wanted to buy an Expedition, and negotiate down from there. I actually ended up with a Tahoe.
    dangerranger likes this.
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    They guys in the video left off a good piece of advice: if you ever secretly purchase a custom from a 1911 gunsmith, make sure you tell them not to send Christmas cards.
    You mean, it's probably a good thing I never have received those Christmas cards OldVet keeps promising?
    Risasi, dangerranger and deadguy like this.

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Before I learned to do it for myself I had taken a Mauser custom in to have its barrel set back. It had been with the smith for a couple months and I was out of town, I got a angry call from the wife wanting to know why I got a card saying "My Massage is ready!"
    My laughing did not help! DR
    deadguy, ShooterGranny and sdprof like this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links