Finally made it to the range today.

This is a discussion on Finally made it to the range today. within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; And it was rather embarrassing, and my lack of practice was obvious. My groups looked more like I was patterning a shotgun rather than a ...

Like Tree34Likes
  • 15 Post By msgt/ret
  • 4 Post By gasmitty
  • 3 Post By DZUS
  • 6 Post By msgt/ret
  • 3 Post By Sister
  • 1 Post By sammeow
  • 1 Post By Frodebro
  • 1 Post By CG11

Thread: Finally made it to the range today.

And it was rather embarrassing, and my lack of practice was obvious. My groups looked more like I was patterning a shotgun rather than a handgun but at least I kept all 100 rounds in the 7 ring with both guns. This was the second time out for the Ruger SR1911 in 9MM, went through 50 rounds of Blazer Brass 147gr FMG without a stumble. The first time I had the Ruger out I made the mistake of trying it and a BHP with some Turkish ammo marked ZO1, both pistols required multiple hammer strikes to fire. The Kimber Micro 9 on the other hand functioned perfectly with the 6 round magazine but the second bullet nose dived on both 7 round magazines so some tuning will be required before I trust them.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Senior Moderator
    Tell us more about your Micro 9! What ammo have you tried, what works well, how's the accuracy, and how do you (will you) carry it?

Asking for a friend...
    Smitty
    AZCDL Life Member
    NRA Patron Member
    NROI Chief Range Officer

Good story (except for the Turkish ammo part).

The SR1911 sounds like something that I'd like to try.

Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

This was the first time out for the Micro 9, ammo was Blazer Brass 147gr FMJ. Great little gun and I hope I can get it working reliability with the 7 round magazines since I like the extra length providing a rest for the pinky finger. The trigger was not as good as the SR1911 but still acceptable, longer take up but a nice clean break. I have a Next Generation brand IWB holster I will use once I have run more rounds through it and am satisfied with its reliability. I plan on running more FMJs through it before switching to JHPs and finding a load it likes. I have no problem with concealing a Government Model 1911 so this one should practically disappear. Overall in my opinion the Micro 9 is a good value for a small 9MM pistol.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

I like the idea of a longer mag for the pinky finger, that is something that bothers me too on small guns.
    Weird, never met a 9mm Iíve cared for yet. Hope you get those to behave.

Food for thought, you donít have to shoot as good with bigger bullets. To me, the 357 is way easier than my 380.
    airslot, Tstone and msgt/ret like this.
    Trust God, He is in control.

UDC member

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

If you havenít yet, load those mags to capacity and let em sit a week or so. New mags and springs can be stiff and funky.
    Wish I could get a SR1911, they are sweet.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    There's only one way to get to heaven. John 14:6

It took two or three boxes of ammo before my Micro 9 settled in and ran smoothly, same with the 938. A buddy tried both and had nothing but problems with the Kimber, but I'm pretty sure he was limp wristing it, which the little guns don't like at all.
    msgt/ret likes this.

Sounds like they are going to work out ok, msgt/ret, thanks for the range report and update.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

Sponsored Links