Generator help - Page 4

Generator help

This is a discussion on Generator help within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by lionround I do intend to get an electrician to install the interlock and whatever else is necessary to power it. I have ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree79Likes

Thread: Generator help

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lionround View Post
    I do intend to get an electrician to install the interlock and whatever else is necessary to power it. I have installed a few outlets and light switches, but I'm not going to do something that requires a permit.

I wanted the duel fuel option just in case the gas stations aren't running. And gasoline gets old. Propane never does. I do need to find out how much power my AC unit is going to need to both run and start up. That's a necessity in Memphis. It was 93 today with 99 percent humidity. It's like living in a sauna. Ugh.
    I have an interlock on mine. The main thing to remember is to switch off all of the branch circuits before switching a main on. Then switch the branch circuits on one at a time while waiting a few seconds in between. My breaker box is in my basement so the first circuit that I switch on is the basement lights. I had to find and label all of the circuits in my old house.
    lionround, TSKnight and airslot like this.

Distinguished Member Array Old Sarge's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    If you want a whole house generator you might want to look into something like these, Iíve seen them at both Home Depot and Lowes.

https://www.generac.com/
    Buy from Lowes who will finance for one year, with no interest, if paid off within a year.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links