Big Ten media days - Page 2

Big Ten media days

This is a discussion on Big Ten media days within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Struckat More than ten teams, not the Big Ten anymore. Fair point. The big 12 doesn’t have 12 teams either. They should ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Big Ten media days

Quote Originally Posted by Struckat View Post
    More than ten teams, not the Big Ten anymore.
    Fair point. The big 12 doesn’t have 12 teams either. They should each just change their names to “Big” and “Little”.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by bigmacque View Post
    Bah .... Nebraska is still only #3 in the Big 10 .....
    And my Wolverines, even after a decade of floundering, is still the winningest program ever:

Attachment 298660
    Just as long as you don't eat chicken cuz its a nervous bird and wear your khakis.
    Rock and Glock and bigmacque like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    Fair point. The big 12 doesn’t have 12 teams either. They should each just change their names to “Big” and “Little”.

I'm still in favor of 4 super conferences of 16 teams each, then let the top 2 teams in each conference enter a playoff season culminating in a National Championship. With that many teams in the initial field it's likely we'll get a true National Champ, and with the playoff picture we could just eliminate the NCAA from college football.
    Retired USAF E9
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

I'm still in favor of 4 super conferences of 16 teams each, then let the top 2 teams in each conference enter a playoff season culminating in a National Championship. With that many teams in the initial field it's likely we'll get a true National Champ, and with the playoff picture we could just eliminate the NCAA from college football.
    Are you saying combine all 120 or whatever schools into 4 conferences?

What would poor Ol Notre Dame do then?...Since they are too good to join a conference?
    Havok likes this.

No sir, 4X 16 = 64, not 120.
    Leaves a few out but if you took the Big10, Big12, Pac10 and SEC and bolstered them to 16 teams each you'd have most if not all of the big name schools that are truly hoisting solid football programs.
    Notre Dame would have to figure out which conference to join .... the Big10 still has room for another before they hit 16 total teams.
    Retired USAF E9
    I'm in favor of gun control -- I think every citizen should have control of a gun.
    1 Thess. 5:16-18

Leaves a few out but if you took the Big10, Big12, Pac10 and SEC and bolstered them to 16 teams each you'd have most if not all of the big name schools that are truly hoisting solid football programs.
    Notre Dame would have to figure out which conference to join .... the Big10 still has room for another before they hit 16 total teams.
    I still like the little guys especially when they beat big programs during the regular season...History has shown the smaller schools can compete
    Boise st and UCF are just a couple examples...The other problem is when they do beat them then the big schools are scared to schedule them
    as part of their patsy non conference schedule...I like the system now as far as big schools go...I would like to see some smaller schools get a shot.
    As far as big schools go...Take care of your business and you will be fine.

Personally I’m not a fan of only having the “big name schools” competing for the championship. Of course those schools control the championship and want to make sure that they keep their status, and losing to a team like Boise St, UH, or UCF doesn’t really help their status. It’s crazy to me that we have a sport with over 100 teams playing in the same “league” but less than half are actually competing for the national championship. Imagine the outrage if the NFC was in charge of the Super Bowl and told the AFC that they would not be playing for a chance in the Super Bowl, despite the Super Bowl representing the entire NFL.

Big 10 West could be very interesting this year.

Looks like 4 solid teams could end up knocking each other off: Nebr, Iowa, Wisc, NW.
    Havok and Cornhusker95 like this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links