So the NRA just called me again

This is a discussion on So the NRA just called me again within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; As many on here know I was at one point a NRA member ( in fact was saving up to do life member ship) .Well ...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: So the NRA just called me again

As many on here know I was at one point a NRA member ( in fact was saving up to do life member ship) .Well a lot of balls was dropped and then the whole bump stock thing happened and that as most of your know for me the last straw and I stopped as I felt they had lost there way and spent money in the wrong way and supported the wrong things ..

Well anyhow just again had them calling me with the usually spiel so and so is trying to ban all the guns etc etc ..I was nice mostly and let him get to his sales pitch and said hey great deal but until you shape up I am not doing it . I wanted to say mostly as now people are trying to say since bump stocks were banned AR should be banned as well since it could be anything that makes them fire faster ( this is in fact a current lawsuit ongoing about this ) ..

I really want to support them but with all the crap I just cant see spending the money if they manged to do anything worth a darn pre election I will def re up I am still sore about all the balls they dropped ..

Just my opinion I know many people here support them and that is fine ..But as someone who has near 0% inserted in hunting and prefers non USA made MSR they are just not for me .
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "Vous ne les laisserez pas passer, mes camarades"
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    I really hope you never support them again...that way, maybe you won't feel compelled to complain about here.

Honestly, if you don't support the NRA...just drop your membership and let it go...and send your money where you think it will do more good. No need to beat a dead horse...
    Psycho41 and spclopr8tr like this.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Quote Originally Posted by Shootnlead View Post
    I really hope you never support them again...that way, maybe you won't feel compelled to complain about here.

Honestly, if you don't support the NRA...just drop your membership and let it go...and send your money where you think it will do more good. No need to beat a dead horse...
    m
    It’s not beating a dead horse. It’s making the issues known. If people didn’t voice their opinion, they would keep doing the same thing and their membership would decline, and nobody would know why, and nothing would change, with the exception of maybe the existence of the NRA. As it is, I still doubt anything will change, but the issues that are angering their members are known. The ball is their court and it’s up to them to decide whether they care about regaining the support of many current/former members.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

+1 for what @Havok said. I think the membership was silent for too long and is still too quiet and that is why the NRA is in the state it's in. If we had demanded more accountability and "lobbied our lobbyist" for better public political positions all along, the NRA would be the organization we need it to be today.
    1942bull, Havok, OldChap and 2 others like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    m
    It’s not beating a dead horse. It’s making the issues known. If people didn’t voice their opinion, they would keep doing the same thing and their membership would decline, and nobody would know why, and nothing would change, with the exception of maybe the existence of the NRA. As it is, I still doubt anything will change, but the issues that are angering their members are known. The ball is their court and it’s up to them to decide whether they care about regaining the support of many current/former members.
    Everyone involved enough to care...KNOWS this stuff. I choose to support the NRA...I don't come here and beat the NRA drum. While those that don't support the NRA continually beat this dead horse...regurgitating prior complaints and adding new ones.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

Everyone involved enough to care...KNOWS this stuff. I choose to support the NRA...I don't come here and beat the NRA drum. While those that don't support the NRA continually beat this dead horse...regurgitating prior complaints and adding new ones.
    Easy. Don't open anymore threads that have NRA in the title.
    Havok, PhaedrusIV and matthew03 like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

He voices his opinion, you voice yours. The world continues to go round and round. Nobody is telling you not to make threads supporting the NRA or other organizations.
    OldChap, PhaedrusIV and matthew03 like this.
    a poor plan that is well executed will produce better results that a good plan that is poorly executed.

This is America. I have the right to go places. You have the right to stay home. You have the right to be upset about me going places. I have the right to not care.

VIP Member
    I'm kinda surprised that I'm still an NRA member considering that I'm still fuming about the 1986 Hughes Amendment. And now the bump stock fiasco, ERPO's, etc. Unless things turn around, I won't be renewing my membership. I know, this is beating a dead horse.
    matthew03 likes this.
    “It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.” ― Benjamin Franklin

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.
    FCC Radiotelephone and amateur radio licensed.
    Member SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

I made this post as this was the 5 time or more they have called me ( and yes I have told them not to call me and told them always the same dont call me back I not am supporting you because of x) ..The NRA has lost it ways (see the number of very high $ doners who have stop giving to them and are no longer leaving them anything in there estate in some cases in the millions ) ..The tide I think is starting to turn on them .. I made this to express not my hatred at them but my frustration with them ..I want to support them and want them to do well but when I see how much they are spending on personal things ( salaries lawyers for some board members etc ) and how little is being done for any major changes or anything even minor ... And seeing more and more of my gun rights being taken away or nearly taken away with nary a pep from them just the same old message of gives us more with some IMOP silly over use scare pitch ie oh they are going to ban all the guns with this one bill ( it is death by a thousand cuts that should the worry not some major bill that right now would not pass the senet or house) .That is the point of this post a hope they can prove me wrong and do something major anything good major ...It can be done I want it to be done :)
    PhaedrusIV and ShooterGranny like this.
    “Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.” H.L. Mencken
    "We're surrounded. That simplifies our problem of getting to these people and killing them."Chesty Puller

Well, do these guys want to rail against the NRA and hope that everyone will stop supporting them?

If they think gun rights are challenged now...let the NRA go down...THEN...they will know the true meaning of challenged rights. NONE...I repeat...NONE of the other organizations can do what the NRA does much less have the success they have had.

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    I'm kinda surprised that I'm still an NRA member considering that I'm still fuming about the 1986 Hughes Amendment. And now the bump stock fiasco, ERPO's, etc. Unless things turn around, I won't be renewing my membership. I know, this is beating a dead horse.
    Yep .. Really mine was the M855 and 7N6 brew up ..Ie they did not say a word when 7N6 was banned as AP ..But when M855 was almost banned oh now big deal ... What should have been done is fighting not the per say ban but the org OPA AP ammo ban was is a bit off in wording ( Ie the number of rounds that are not classed as AP being called ap just cause they had some mild steel in them )

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    Look at it this way: Beating a live horse would be animal cruelty!

I'm in the same situation, although I have already determined not to renew my membership.
    msgt/ret and matthew03 like this.

Well, do these guys want to rail against the NRA and hope that everyone will stop supporting them?

If they think gun rights are challenged now...let the NRA go down...THEN...they will know the true meaning of challenged rights. NONE...I repeat...NONE of the other organizations can do what the NRA does much less have the success they have had.
    If you look at the record in the past year I will bet you find the GOA has done more in vicotries then the NRA has ( the GOA has taken down at least two major gun bans in the over seas terroities and others ) ..

The point of this is not oh no the NRA is bad it is as I said above the NRA is lost it is floundering it news new blood and leadership to re focuse what it is and should do ..

I am not as I pointed out a NRA haters etc ..I am just sad with them and wish they would change ..

If they could pull off some of the victories the GOA has pulled I will be the first one in the line to sign back up...And no I am not talking some pipe dream like no more NFA I will take anything just to not feel like the other shoes is going to drop and where will the NRA be when it does will they say well ok guys this is not bad we are going to get something good or will it be NO this is wrong not one more step back
    matthew03 likes this.

VIP Member Array ColoradoDiablo's Avatar
    They have this amazing technology called a mouse / trackpad / touchscreen. If you don't click on a particular post you won't read what it says. It's the bomb!
    PhaedrusIV likes this.
    U.S. Army, Retired (1986 to 2014)
    Life Member, Veterans of Foreign Wars

VIP Member

We want the NRA to right the ship, and do not believe that to be possible under its current administration. No more to it than that.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws.”― Friedrich Nietzsche

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links