A reminder for the world

A reminder for the world

This is a discussion on A reminder for the world within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; JFK'S Secretary of State, Dean Rusk, was in France in the early 60's when DeGaulle decided to pull out of NATO. DeGaulle said he wanted ...

Like Tree31Likes
  • 20 Post By blueronin
  • 4 Post By wmhawth
  • 2 Post By SouthernBoyVA
  • 1 Post By 1942bull
  • 4 Post By blueronin

Thread: A reminder for the world

A reminder for the world

JFK'S Secretary of State, Dean Rusk, was in France in the early 60's when DeGaulle decided to pull out of NATO. DeGaulle said he wanted all US military out of France as soon as possible. Rusk responded, "Does that include those who are buried here?"
    DeGaulle did not respond. You could have heard a pin drop.
    When in England, at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of 'empire building' by George Bush.
    He answered by saying, "Over the years, the United States has sent many of Its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for In return is enough to bury those that did not
    return."
    You could have heard a pin drop.
    There was a conference in France where a number of international engineers were taking part, including French and American. During a break, One of the French engineers came back into the room saying, "Have you heard the latest dumb stunt Bush has done? He has sent an aircraft carrier to Indonesia to help the tsunami victims. What does he intend to do, bomb them?" A Boeing engineer stood up and replied quietly: "Our carriers have three hospitals on board that can treat several hundred people; they are nuclear powered and can supply emergency electrical power to
    shore facilities; they have three cafeterias with the capacity to feed 3,000 people three meals a day, they can produce several thousand gallons of fresh water from sea water each day, and they carry half a dozen helicopters for use in transporting victims and injured to and from their flight deck. We have eleven such ships. How many does France have?"
    You Could have heard a pin drop.
    A U.S. Navy admiral was attending a naval conference that included admirals from the U.S., English, Canadian, Australian and French
    navies at a cocktail reception. He found himself standing with a large group of officers that included personnel from most of those countries. Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks when a
    French admiral suddenly complained that, whereas Europeans learn many languages, Americans learn only English. He then asked, "Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than
    speaking French?" Without hesitating, the American admiral replied, "Maybe it's because the Brit's, Canadians, Aussie's and Americans arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German."
    AND THIS STORY FITS RIGHT IN WITH THE ABOVE...
    Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, arrived in Paris by plane. At French customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry on. "You have been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer asked
    sarcastically. Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously. "Then you should know enough to have your passport ready." The American said, "The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it." "Impossible. Americans always have to show their passports on arrival in France !" The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly explained, ''Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in 1944 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find a single Frenchmen to show a passport to."
    If You are proud to be an American, pass this on! If not, delete it. I am proud to be an American! from my LG Mobile
    msgt/ret, airslot, CG11 and 17 others like this.

If You are proud to be an American, pass this on! If not, delete it. I am proud to be an American! from my LG Mobile
    Nope. America's a country with history steeped in white supremacy and colonialism that continues to this day. I know cause I saw it on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by blueronin View Post
    JFK'S Secretary of State, Dean Rusk, was in France in the early 60's when DeGaulle decided to pull out of NATO. DeGaulle said he wanted all US military out of France as soon as possible. Rusk responded, "Does that include those who are buried here?"
    DeGaulle did not respond. You could have heard a pin drop.
    When in England, at a fairly large conference, Colin Powell was asked by the Archbishop of Canterbury if our plans for Iraq were just an example of 'empire building' by George Bush.
    He answered by saying, "Over the years, the United States has sent many of Its fine young men and women into great peril to fight for freedom beyond our borders. The only amount of land we have ever asked for In return is enough to bury those that did not
    return."
    There was a conference in France where a number of international engineers were taking part, including French and American. During a break, One of the French engineers came back into the room saying, "Have you heard the latest dumb stunt Bush has done? He has sent an aircraft carrier to Indonesia to help the tsunami victims. What does he intend to do, bomb them?" A Boeing engineer stood up and replied quietly: "Our carriers have three hospitals on board that can treat several hundred people; they are nuclear powered and can supply emergency electrical power to
    shore facilities; they have three cafeterias with the capacity to feed 3,000 people three meals a day, they can produce several thousand gallons of fresh water from sea water each day, and they carry half a dozen helicopters for use in transporting victims and injured to and from their flight deck. We have eleven such ships. How many does France have?"
    You Could have heard a pin drop.
    A U.S. Navy admiral was attending a naval conference that included admirals from the U.S., English, Canadian, Australian and French
    navies at a cocktail reception. He found himself standing with a large group of officers that included personnel from most of those countries. Everyone was chatting away in English as they sipped their drinks when a
    French admiral suddenly complained that, whereas Europeans learn many languages, Americans learn only English. He then asked, "Why is it that we always have to speak English in these conferences rather than
    speaking French?" Without hesitating, the American admiral replied, "Maybe it's because the Brit's, Canadians, Aussie's and Americans arranged it so you wouldn't have to speak German."
    AND THIS STORY FITS RIGHT IN WITH THE ABOVE...
    Robert Whiting, an elderly gentleman of 83, arrived in Paris by plane. At French customs, he took a few minutes to locate his passport in his carry on. "You have been to France before, monsieur?" the customs officer asked
    sarcastically. Mr. Whiting admitted that he had been to France previously. "Then you should know enough to have your passport ready." The American said, "The last time I was here, I didn't have to show it." "Impossible. Americans always have to show their passports on arrival in France !" The American senior gave the Frenchman a long hard look. Then he quietly explained, ''Well, when I came ashore at Omaha Beach on D-Day in 1944 to help liberate this country, I couldn't find a single Frenchmen to show a passport to."
    I have seen this before and loved it then as I still do now. Thanks for posting it.
    airslot and OldChap like this.
    In the final seconds of your life, just before your killer is about to dispatch you to that great eternal darkness, what would you rather have in your hand? A cell phone or a gun?

America First!

Ex Member
    That says it all. Thanks.
    OldChap likes this.

Don't know if true or not but it's always been a good one.
    The More People I Meet the More I Like My Dog.

Distinguished Member
    Thanks, that is always a good story to remind us why we are a Special Place! Those idiots that have been guvmn't indoctrinated in our schools have no idea, they have been told by communists pretending to be teachers that America is an evil place and it has been horrible to anyone not in the straight-white-male group.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

It's funny because my niece was pulled out of a very good public school because my sister and brother-in-law felt that they were trying to in doctrine her. It began when she wrote a report on the civil war. She researched her topic using a very old history book. She was told that her information was wrong!!! How can it be that an old history book from 1959 was so wrong? What changed? There were other instances as well. She was home schooled, and taught the truth about government, history, and civics. She's now about thirty years old and doing fine.

Great stuff, sir, thank you for the posting.

Sponsored Links