The truth

The truth

This is a discussion on The truth within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'll admit I am a glass half empty kind of guy. I believe in hope for the best, but plan for the worst. My wife, ...

Like Tree32Likes
  • 10 Post By G26Raven
  • 3 Post By 1942bull
  • 3 Post By OldVet
  • 5 Post By Shootnlead
  • 5 Post By Havok
  • 6 Post By CG11

Thread: The truth

The truth

I'll admit I am a glass half empty kind of guy. I believe in hope for the best, but plan for the worst. My wife, on the other hand, is the eternal optimist.

I just ran across this meme and to me, this seems like how things are headed in this country.

Name:  67115135_2326072660847281_3977579838574690304_n.jpg
Views: 21
Size:  26.4 KB
    If something is important enough, you will find a way. If it's not, you will find an excuse.
    Every man dies, but not every man truly lives.
    If you are asked to be the hero, be the hero.

Distinguished Member
    Very poignant message, but I do not personally subscribe to it. There are only three ways my freedom can be taken away from me: 1) incarcerate me, 2) disable me, 3) kill me. Any attempt to do 1) or 2) to me is likely going to lead to the need to resort to 3). Without freedom I am no one.
    airslot, G26Raven and OldChap like this.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June ‘66 to February ‘68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

I'm more the "Never let the glass get to half empty" type of person. Keep it topped off and there is no need to be concerned about it being empty. Besides, Freedom's just another word for nothing else to lose.

Thank you, Janet.
    G26Raven, airslot and OldChap like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    The worst part of this is that people in this country are willing to surrender their freedom...just piss it away...without mounting any sort of challenge.
    Wolf357, airslot, OldChap and 2 others like this.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

All my life I have hear about how we are a free country, and how we have all these rights, and so much freedom, and as time goes on, I realize that we are much less free than most people think we are.

Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    I'm more the "Never let the glass get to half empty" type of person. Keep it topped off and there is no need to be concerned about it being empty. Besides, Freedom's just another word for nothing else to lose.

Thank you, Janet.
    When the glass becomes less than half full is when I really notice the ice melting, watering down my whiskey.
    Wolf357, airslot, OldVet and 2 others like this.
    We get the government we deserve.

VIP Member
    Freedom isn't given - it's taken.
    Be careful of people who brag about who they are - a lion will never have to tell you who he's a lion.

Sponsored Links