Yet another Walmart shooting - Page 6

Yet another Walmart shooting

This is a discussion on Yet another Walmart shooting within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 The releases are already written. They simply wait for the next event to roll them out. So true Mike....

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree196Likes

Thread: Yet another Walmart shooting

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    The releases are already written. They simply wait for the next event to roll them out.
    So true Mike.

one guy armed with a Glock 9mm helped evacuate children out of the mall. While that action is to be applauded, I have not seen where anyone actually tried to engage the shooter. And if one member here chimes in that it is "not my responsibility to engage active shooters, but only to protect myself and my family", I swear to God I will hurl all over my keyboard. Another 20 people killed, and I am sure there were armed people in that mall that did nothing. Apparently having a concealed weapons license means something entirely different to me than so many others. But not to worry. Tonight another mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio. We won't have to worry about having the second Amendment around for much longer with the complete apathy on the part of gun owners and concealed carry licensees nationwide. It will soon be history.
    Give to them according to their deeds and according to the wickedness of their endeavors; give to them according to the work of their hands; render to them their deserts. Psalm 28:4

Distinguished Member Array Scouse's Avatar
    One good move in Florida. Do away with the Anti who is running the License issuing Dept!
    In fact, do away with licenses altogether, Constitutional Carry!

The law already exists, Felons can not possess firearms. So if you are not one, carry. Save ogles of money as well. All around.
    airslot likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zonker1986 View Post
    one guy armed with a Glock 9mm helped evacuate children out of the mall. While that action is to be applauded, I have not seen where anyone actually tried to engage the shooter. And if one member here chimes in that it is "not my responsibility to engage active shooters, but only to protect myself and my family" , I swear to God I will hurl all over my keyboard. Another 20 people killed, and I am sure there were armed people in that mall that did nothing. Apparently having a concealed weapons license means something entirely different to me than so many others. But not to worry. Tonight another mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio. We won't have to worry about having the second Amendment around for much longer with the complete apathy on the part of gun owners and concealed carry licensees nationwide. It will soon be history.
    I wonder if this is why nobody fired back, in TX of all places!

I'll admit in the past I've told my wife if she's ever in an active shooter situation (we talked specifically about walmart) her job is to get out and stay safe NOT be a hero. She asked "what if you're in the direction of the shooting?" (like I went to the bathroom and she continued to shop) I told her to get out. Especially if we have out daughter with us. If it's just us I'd rather one parent survive then both die.
    GpTom likes this.

Two mass shootings in one day with the ramp up to the election going on?
    I think it might be time to take the gun collection on a boating trip

https://twitter.com/MolonIii/status/1157833392727220227

I donít know who this guy is, but all of a sudden there is a lot not adding up. All reports should be suspect at this point.

P.S. ...and another one. Eye witness account of 3-4 men in black who were shooters: https://mobile.twitter.com/jordan_sa...54431598813184

Iím not sure sure what I think other than someone REALLY wants to escalate our powder keg of a nation into a shooting match. Whether this guy was a loner, had help or was just a patsy, I donít not know. I do know weíll never really find out. Hooverís crack team is now running the case. Expect the same transparency as found in the Vegas shooting.

Distinguished Member Array GpTom's Avatar
    I hate that incidents like this are ammunition for the antis. Nearly everybody that I know who carries a gun wishes that they could have done something to stop this from happening. I applaud the El Paso police for issuing a call for blood donors and I understand that there were lines around the block of people who wanted to help. I hope that reasonable people will see that these kind of incidents have nothing to do with the need for people to carry a gun to protect themselves and their families from the kind of people who have no regard for human life. Please keep this in mind--if you give up your guns only the bad guys will have guns because they don't care about laws or your safety. Yes! I shed a tear too.
    airslot likes this.

one guy armed with a Glock 9mm helped evacuate children out of the mall. While that action is to be applauded, I have not seen where anyone actually tried to engage the shooter.
    I took an active shooter course at the NRA HQ Range and it was very well researched and well done. It specifically examined five recent (at that time) major shootings around the world. In some, people engaged the shooter, in others, not. They showed us that the people who have historically saved the most lives are people who helped lead people to safety.

This comes as hard news to people with a hard-core shoot-it-out mentality. If you think you can save the most lives by engaging, that's your call. History is not on your side, though. That guy with the Glock did the right thing, IMHO. But everyone needs to decide for themselves based on the situation.
    maxwell97, MMinSC and Helix like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

The newspaper is full of stories about killers who had felonies before they shot somebody. Lawfully felons can't have weapons--- realistically they all do.
    airslot likes this.

https://twitter.com/MrAndyNgo/status...71069783621634

Andy Ngo...recently ďmilkshakedĒ and beaten by Antifa in Portland. Claims July 29th they were going to converge in El Paso.

This thing smells.

P.S. More in this thread too; https://twitter.com/love4thegameAK/s...96432184664064

Parkland victims parents in town. Multiple reports from witnesses of more than one shooter (just like Vegas). Descriptions of lone shooter not jiving. The killerís father has some sketchy past that sounds like Julian Assangeís MK Ultra linked past. We are being lied to.

Quote Originally Posted by alabamaguy View Post
    There seems to be an ever increasing disregard for both life of others and our own in this country. I say the later because almost every morning when I view the local news there is some shooting where some person is angry at another and resorts to shooting them. I don't have statistics to know if this is truly a trend, yet I see it now day after day.

The El Paso shooting is of course horrific but is the same as what is going on in one's and two's every day, the later being just footnotes on a web page and a big event like El Paso well... big. I'm a liberal but I totally agree with the NRA's PR that it's the person that kills not the gun. When I see these almost daily shooting news where one person gets angry at another so they grab there gun and start firing at the "offender", I have to wonder why are people throwing their own lives away. How can so many people totally disengage their brain about the consequences of using a gun in anger? It just seems more and more this is happening.
    Seems like there is no rhyme or reason why people don't think ahead to the consequences. How many people go into a gas station to rob it of $20-$40 and risk ten years or more in prison. How many people think that it is worth it to spend a major part of their life in prison for less than a penny a day. But it happens a countless number of times a day. That isn't even taking into consideration the number of times that they fail in the attempt. It seems like crime is natures way of weeding out the gene pool.

VIP Member
    one guy armed with a Glock 9mm helped evacuate children out of the mall. While that action is to be applauded, I have not seen where anyone actually tried to engage the shooter. And if one member here chimes in that it is "not my responsibility to engage active shooters, but only to protect myself and my family", I swear to God I will hurl all over my keyboard. Another 20 people killed, and I am sure there were armed people in that mall that did nothing. Apparently having a concealed weapons license means something entirely different to me than so many others. But not to worry. Tonight another mass shooting in Dayton, Ohio. We won't have to worry about having the second Amendment around for much longer with the complete apathy on the part of gun owners and concealed carry licensees nationwide. It will soon be history.
    I share your frustration. Glock guy was five hundred yards away, yet is being hailed for saving young lives. The calculus here is lost on me.
    CommonCents and zonker1986 like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    I hope for the day when these cowardly murderers receive return fire from multiple conceal carry citizens immediately. I believe it would be a big deterrent. I also hope victims start suing venues that have restrictions on lawful carry. I believe if they have restrictions they have a higher level standard to meet to provide security for their patrons.

The shooter drove more than 600 miles from a Dallas suburb to that El Paso Walmart in order to randomly murder Latinos he saw as "invaders."

Where does all this irrational hatred come from?
    redbirddog5, msgt/ret and alsaqr like this.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it."

Agent K

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    How does somebody shoot fifty people in a public place in a well-armed, shall-issue state without anybody shooting back?
    Contrary to popular belief. LTC holders are a small percentage of the population.
    Not everyone down here carries.
    What I donít understand is the sheepish attitude of everyone.
    For him to shoot so many in such a short time it must have been crowded.
    No one charged this guy?
    Had to be people on his six and all around him.
    Only takes 1-2 guys even unarmed to take him down.
    If Iím going down it will not be shot in the back running.
    I am not sure what is going to happen now.
    I feel bad, knee jerk gun laws coming, especially with the election around the corner.
    If you donít have rifles you want, might be time to get it.
    Then just have to worry about the confiscations

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Sponsored Links