The Hispanic Invasion of Texas

This is a discussion on The Hispanic Invasion of Texas within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; It seems like the El Paso shooter was hate driven. According to a report on Reuter’s: A four-page statement posted on 8chan, an online message ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree105Likes

Thread: The Hispanic Invasion of Texas

Ex Member

It seems like the El Paso shooter was hate driven. According to a report on Reuter’s:

A four-page statement posted on 8chan, an online message board often used by extremists, and believed to have been written by the suspect, called the Walmart attack “a response to the Hispanic invasion of Texas.”

It also expressed for support for the gunman who killed 51 people at two mosques in Christchurch, New Zealand, in March.
    Now we all heard about the invasion by the people in the Caravans. Maybe that was not a good way to characterize the situation. Words matter. I wish politicians including DJT would choose then more carefully. The mentally deranged have no problem seizing a single word to justify their hate and violence.

People are just stupid anymore.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

So..... if 100,000 Texans decided to pull up shop, head south of the border, and inhabit, say Guadalajara, or maybe ALL of the northern Mexico border area, or maybe Mexico City, then demand free stuff and a right to vote claiming migrant status, uhm….what would that be called by the media and Mexican government???

I'll wait for that answer. Take your time. Take all the time you need...…

Fortune Favors the Bold!

If the words of some politician or anyone for that matter is the tipping point for this kind of behavior
    then that person should not be out in society to begin with...They should be locked up and monitored 24/7.
    We need to stop pointing the finger and realize that some people are evil scumbags period.

Because of forum rules, I cannot even begin to express what the real problem in America, and the world for that matter, is. Let me touch the tip of the iceberg without straying into those waters.

Mankind has a problem. We have a hole in our hearts. People are desperately searching for something, anything, to fill that void in their existence. Many things in our lives would seem to offer hope, but ultimately all they do is highlight the despair. As long as that unfilled void in the core of our being remains empty, life is something less than what we long for and the peace we desperately seek eludes us. When that inner despair begins to rule a life, all manner of desperate measures may be taken.

I am only surprised that speaking of this, since it destroys the basic need of government (and politicians in particular) to have people "need" the hope that government would seem to offer has become so taboo.

And with that, I must stop.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    Because of forum rules, I cannot even begin to express what the real problem in America, and the world for that matter, is. Let me touch the tip of the iceberg without straying into those waters.

Mankind has a problem. We have a hole in our hearts. People are desperately searching for something, anything, to fill that void in their existence. Many things in our lives would seem to offer hope, but ultimately all they do is highlight the despair. As long as that unfilled void in the core of our being remains empty, life is something less than what we long for and the peace we desperately seek eludes us. When that inner despair begins to rule a life, all manner of desperate measures may be taken.

I am only surprised that speaking of this, since it destroys the basic need of government (and politicians in particular) to have people "need" the hope that government would seem to offer has become so taboo.

And with that, I must stop.
    I think you’re on to something OldChap......
    OldChap and 1942bull like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.” - Joe Lewis

“I’m not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a ‘little’ dirty.....”

Member: GOA, SAF

Quote Originally Posted by lordofwyr View Post
    So..... if 100,000 Texans decided to pull up shop, head south of the border, and inhabit, say Guadalajara, or maybe ALL of the northern Mexico border area, or maybe Mexico City, then demand free stuff and a right to vote claiming migrant status, uhm….what would that be called by the media and Mexican government???

Name:  triggered.gif
Views: 21
Size:  241.6 KB
    I was born a gun owner, it wasn't a choice, I didn't become one later in life...I was born this way

Actually a lot of German immigrants came to settle in Bexar County (San Antonio) and East Texas in the late 1800's-early 1900's. During that time frame German immigrants actually outnumbered Hispanic immigrants in that area. My Dad's family was part of those German immigrants.
    mbschne and OldChap like this.
    Retired Police Lieutenant, Former UH-1N Huey & MH-53 Pave Low Gunner, Retired USAF Reserve, Glock Armorer, AL Retired LEO CPP, NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, LEOSA Qualified, Active FOP Executive Board Member

"I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me" Phil 4:13

VIP Member

A repeat of the 1830's Anglo invasion/rebellion?
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 5lima30ret View Post
    Actually a lot of German immigrants came to settle in Bexar County (San Antonio) and East Texas in the late 1800's-early 1900's. During that time frame German immigrants actually outnumbered Hispanic immigrants in that area. My Dad's family was part of those German immigrants.
    Uncle Moses made it all the way from N. Smithfield, RI to Bexar county, way back when:

https://www.findagrave.com/memorial/...9/moses-lapham
    OldChap, msgt/ret and 5lima30ret like this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

"Slaves, enjoy your freedom." Chuck Klosterman

I always thought it was whites who invaded what used to be North Mexico. We call it Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California now.

On September 9, 1850 California became a state.
    The people had no electricity.
    The state had no money.
    Almost everyone spoke Spanish.
    There were gunfights in the streets.
    So basically nothing has changed.
    Except every woman had real boobs back then.
    That my friends is the history lesson for today.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Ex Member

I hope you did not have to wait too long. I would call it a Mass Illegal Migration. While the word "invasion" technically fits a mass illegal migration it by its first fefinition implies a entry by force, like the Invasion of North Africa and France in WWII. So invasion is a loaded term when describing a mass migration. You might consider the Caravans as invasion forces, but I do not. I prefer words that do not incite, create undue fear, or motivate deranged people to commit violence.
    M1911A1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    I hope you did not have to wait too long. I would call it a Mass Illegal Migration. While the word "invasion" technically fits a mass illegal migration it by its first fefinition implies a entry by force, like the Invasion of North Africa and France in WWII. So invasion is a loaded term when describing a mass migration. You might consider the Caravans as invasion forces, but I do not. I prefer words that do not incite, create undue fear, or motivate deranged people to commit violence.
    I did not ask what you would call it, I asked what the media and Mexican Government would call it. I absolutely guarantee that the media AND the Mexican Government would both decry the Illegal Invasion by Norte Americanos into sovereign Mexican territory.
    M1911A1 likes this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

Quote Originally Posted by LimaCharlie View Post
    I always thought it was whites who invaded what used to be North Mexico. We call it Texas, New Mexico, Arizona, and California now.

On September 9, 1850 California became a state.
    The people had no electricity.
    The state had no money.
    Almost everyone spoke Spanish.
    There were gunfights in the streets.
    So basically nothing has changed.
    Except every woman had real boobs back then.
    That my friends is the history lesson for today.
    The Mexican government WANTED the anglos there as a buffer against hostile Indian (Yes, I called them Indians) tribes, and intentionally gave Stephen F. Austin his charter and land grants knowing that the Anglos would pay the price when the Comanche decided to try to wipe out settlers. It just kinda happened that the anglos also came with their strong bent on freedom, and when the Mexican government fell, they decided to change to a free nation. Yes, Mexico declaring slavery illegal was part of it, but more so the tyranny of Santa Anna. Had he been a little less bloodthirsty and spared the Texican survivors that surrendered at Goliad, and not slaughtered them at The Alamo, the other Texicans might not have been so driven to win at San Jacinto.
    ETXhiker likes this.
    Fortune Favors the Bold!

I did not ask what you would call it, I asked what the media and Mexican Government would call it. I absolutely guarantee that the media AND the Mexican Government would both decry the Illegal Invasion by Norte Americanos into sovereign Mexican territory.
    So you want the leader of the free world to act like a leader from a second or third world country? I would just like our president to think before he let's his words ( or his thumbs ) get the better of him. While we have freedom of speech, there are consequences for things that are said, i.e. Yelling fire in a crowded theater.
    mrtimm likes this.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links