2nd Childhood Eyes and Iron Sights

This is a discussion on 2nd Childhood Eyes and Iron Sights within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I got new glasses a couple of weeks ago after I realized that my prescription had changed and while the new lenses helped I was ...

Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By buckwheatpaul

Thread: 2nd Childhood Eyes and Iron Sights

I got new glasses a couple of weeks ago after I realized that my prescription had changed and while the new lenses helped I was encountering a hard time with the sights on my Ruger LC9S-Pro.....all of a sudden the sights were too dim and small.....I thought about upgrading to a different pistol with larger sights but on a companion site a man was talking about a similar issue.....he thought about upgrading and finally settled on brighter sights and he was satisfied......I then thought about it and I am a big fan of XS Big Dot sights and so I ordered a set and installed them today.....a few challenges but the sights went into place and man am I happy with the new bigger sight; the big dot really catches your eye and the result is I saved $400 to $500 and gained my satisfaction back.....so I am suggesting to think about the options.....unless you just want another gun.....

My eyes are not so great so I practice point shooting.. a good alterative ; ) PS Glad to hear you like the big dots, Great product
    H/D
    A Native Floridian = RARE

IT'S OUR RIGHTS>THEY WANT TO WRONG
    H/D

Got the Big Dot XS sights put on my gun over the weekend and took it to the range today....I am totally satisfied with the sights and yes I do have them on 3 other carry pistols. The Big Dot is so easy to acquire and since I was taught to right the front sight, combat shooting, it is quite to acquire and for combat shooting they are great! They are not the best for target shooting but today in competition I came out 3rd in a group of 15 so they are a little better for targets than I thought......I really recommend this sight system!

In 4 weeks I have the cataract in my right eye done, then two weeks later the left eye. This on top of orthopedic surgery to my right wrist and elbow a couple of weeks ago (could no longer write legibly, very little grip strength, constant pain).

Went from daily carry of a Kimber Custom CDP .45 to my old S&W Model 64 .38 Special, just so I could have some control without pain. Now I'm looking forward to actually seeing the sights and target, and renewed strength and function in my shooting arm and hand.

Golden years? Only thing golden around here is my urine samples, and that is only on a good day.

I've got a set on my HK p2000sk and like em alot. They are great on a carry gun because you can really acquire that front sight fast. I practice fsp alot and they are great for that.

Yesterday I was at the range and did some fsp shooting. 2 magazines (10+1), 1 shot at a time from double action. 7 yards.

My eyesight has gotten bad the last few years and without my glasses on the front sight on any gun is nothing but a blur. These Big Dots really help. I really would like to put them on all my pistols, but they sure are pricey. So I'll just put em on the guns that are in my 1st tier carry rotation.

I don't mind that their not so great for bullseye shooting because all of my shooting (practicing) these days is defensive oriented.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2nd Childhood Eyes and Iron Sights-screenshot_20190807-205541_gallery_1565231001116.jpg  

2nd Childhood Eyes and Iron Sights-screenshot_20190807-211004_gallery_1565231012292.jpg  

2nd Childhood Eyes and Iron Sights-screenshot_20190807-210959_gallery_1565231023315.jpg  

Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    I have them on a LCR .357 and one of my Shield's, both with tritium inserts...I like them.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

They definitely wouldn’t be my first choice if I were shooting a bullseye match, but that front sight is easy to see, especially in lower light and when you’re moving.

Sponsored Links