How hot actually, is hell? - Page 3

How hot actually, is hell?

This is a discussion on How hot actually, is hell? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Sister Dang, just counted FIVE days of 100 (f) here with two of 99 on each side and they haven’t even added ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: How hot actually, is hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Dang, just counted FIVE days of 100 (f) here with two of 99 on each side and they haven’t even added heat index yet! “Houston, I believe we have a problem”

Amazing, God will get you for complaining if things are to hot or to cold. After all is said and done I’ll never complain about heat again.

....for 40 years...around and around thee mountain they went...living on manna day after day...
    Are you asking to see if you can take it? Or are you asking if there are levels, and How bad can you be? Just askin. DR
    Sister likes this.

flh
    Quote Originally Posted by rotorhead1026 View Post
    You’ll pay for that - in January. :D
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails How hot actually, is hell?-img_1074.jpg  

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

Administrator
    Looking forward to a bit of cooler temps here in Pencil-Vania.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

VIP Member
    Sister, the Carolinas are hot as well! This summer has been a rollercoaster. Last week in the 80s, this week pushing high 90s-100. Dew point this AM is 72, so it's going to be nasty out.

Summer sucks for me because I have to wear a suit in this mess. Sometimes I'm out in the heat for 2 hours or more. Couple that with a collared shirt that holds sweat against the neck, and you have misery. It takes several hours for a tshirt and dress shirt to dry out, meaning I have to endure discomfort pretty much the rest of the day. However, when I'm dressed appropriately for the heat and sweating, I like it hot. I'd rather do yardwork in 100 degrees than 80. A good sweat, with proper attire, is cleansing.

As far as Hell goes, I'm sure the required attire will be a coat made of polar bear hide and fur.
    Sister likes this.
    May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead

Same here on the heat, just lucky we are being pounded with afternoon thunder showers.
    deadguy and Sister like this.
    Marine Corps 75-79
    NRA
    Florida Carry
    CCW SAFE
    Colt, Sig, S&W, Browning, Remington

Senior Moderator
    As far as Hell goes, I'm sure the required attire will be a coat made of polar bear hide and fur.
    With a hair shirt underneath.
    deadguy and Sister like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

I'm in Minnesota, which can get surprisingly hot considering how cold it gets in the winter (Hit minus -30 below zero last year)
    I don't think we have hit 100 yet this year, but we have had some mid 90's with high humidity
    California gets some great year round weather, I say we march down there and throw out all the fruits and nuts, and make it the conservative capitol of the US
    OldChap, Poorly and Sister like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    How hot actually, is hell?
    Revelations 21:8: But the fearful, and unbelieving ... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone.

A lake of molten brimstone (sulphur) means that its temperature must be above the melting point and below the boiling point of brimstone. Therefore Hell is between 112.8°C and 444.6ºC.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Skolnick View Post
    Revelations 21:8: But the fearful, and unbelieving ... shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone.

A lake of molten brimstone (sulphur) means that its temperature must be above the melting point and below the boiling point of brimstone. Therefore Hell is between 112.8°C and 444.6ºC.
    The Nerd for the win!
    CWOUSCG and Sister like this.
    May you be in Heaven before the Devil knows you're dead

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Ahh Houston yeah it's hot now come down to The Valley and enjoy the heat. God Bless the blue collar worker roofing, paving, picking, working in your attic fixing your AC....
    OldChap and Sister like this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    Lol I have actually used my attic to "bake" on a spray on finish on some rifles.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Can’t really complain about the heat this year in the Bluegrass. Sure, it’s been in the 90’s a few days with high humidity, but overall not too bad.

Sure beats the heavy rains we have experience earlier in the season!

This morning it was a beautiful clear 69, with a high to be in the mid 80’s.

Signed,
    Aint no complaints here:)
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.”
    -Jeff Cooper

“ Looking around doesn’t cost you anything; and it’s a healthy habit”
    -Joe Foss

Distinguished Member Array MB53's Avatar
    98 is a cold front around here.
    heat index is near 110 this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabbit212 View Post
    Lol I have actually used my attic to "bake" on a spray on finish on some rifles.
    Bahhhhh...In the W. Texas desert you can just lay it out on the picnic table in the sun!!!

Just for the record...I could tell you exactly how hot it is in hell....but...forum rules, you know.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

"What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms." - Thomas Jefferson

When it comes to going to hell, I can handle the heat . . . as long as I don't have to endure my M-in-L! That would be a deal breaker.
    Last edited by OldVet; August 8th, 2019 at 01:44 PM.
    Sister likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links