How hot actually, is hell? - Page 4

How hot actually, is hell?

This is a discussion on How hot actually, is hell? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by DonPablo_VA I've summered in Qatar, Kuwait, Irag, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. None were pleassnt but Qatar was the worst as you ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: How hot actually, is hell?

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by DonPablo_VA View Post
    I've summered in Qatar, Kuwait, Irag, Afghanistan, Saudi Arabia and Jordan. None were pleassnt but Qatar was the worst as you had the humidity of the gulf. My record is 143 farenheit and probably 80+ humidity.
    You win. Damn that's unpleasant.
    Sister likes this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Paris was 113 the other day, so I say 113.

It was 117 once when I was at the river, but that was Heaven.
    Sister likes this.
    BigJon

"Better to keep your mouth shut and be thought a fool than to open it and remove all doubt" ~ Mark Twain

So far this summer, we have had two days just over ninety degrees. Currently, it is sixty-five degrees with a heavy mist.

I spent some time in Singapore. The weather is the same every day of the year, ninety-five degrees and ninety-five percent humidity with afternoon showers. You get up in the morning and take a shower. You get a towel and dry off, get a towel and dry off, get a towel and dry off, get a towel and dry off.
    Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.
    US Navy - US Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Distinguished Member Array kukla's Avatar
    Not nearly as hot as Phoenix.
    "I plan ahead. That way, I don't have to do anything right now!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Dang, just counted FIVE days of 100 (f) here with two of 99 on each side and they haven’t even added heat index yet! “Houston, I believe we have a problem”

Amazing, God will get you for complaining if things are to hot or to cold. After all is said and done I’ll never complain about heat again.

....for 40 years...around and around thee mountain they went...living on manna day after day...
    But..., but..., It’s a DRY heat.
    Sister likes this.
    "If you can do it, you damn well better be able to look at it!".....Matt Helm

Hot enough to be unbearable, just barely cool enough to last forever.

Actually, people have a lot of misconceptions about Hell, fed largely by two works, "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God," and Dante's "Inferno."

Biblicly speaking, the word "hell" originates from the Jewish word "sheoul," a deep crevasse used as a garbage pit outside the city walls of Jerusalem. Sometimes, they'd burn garbage, there, hence references to "fire," including "lake of burning fire," "furnaces of fire," and unquenchable fire." where there will be gnashing of teeth."

During winter, sheoul received no sunlight, so it got pretty cold, too, including freezing, hence references to the "frozen lack."

Brimstone is sulfur. We all know that. But did you know brimstone is what accumulates around the brim of volcanic vents as the sulfuric acid laden gases condense sulfur in the cooler air around the brim? Brimstone. Hence reference to the "lake of burning sulfur."

The Biblical Hell?

Well, it gets a lot deeper than all of this: https://www.biblestudytools.com/dictionary/sheol/
    mbschne and Sister like this.
    The only way we're going beat this thing is by fighting on both fronts: Against the virus and for our economy. Learn to use and use the right procedures so we can do both and win.

I see the heat as a mixed blessing - it may be a bit uncomfortable in itself, but it sure does wonders for old bones, injuries, and such. Spent more than 50 years in the Inland Empire area of California; Arizona is much more comfortable for me.
    Sister likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by deadguy View Post
    Sister, the Carolinas are hot as well! This summer has been a rollercoaster. Last week in the 80s, this week pushing high 90s-100. Dew point this AM is 72, so it's going to be nasty out.

Summer sucks for me because I have to wear a suit in this mess. Sometimes I'm out in the heat for 2 hours or more. Couple that with a collared shirt that holds sweat against the neck, and you have misery. It takes several hours for a tshirt and dress shirt to dry out, meaning I have to endure discomfort pretty much the rest of the day. However, when I'm dressed appropriately for the heat and sweating, I like it hot. I'd rather do yardwork in 100 degrees than 80. A good sweat, with proper attire, is cleansing.

As far as Hell goes, I'm sure the required attire will be a coat made of polar bear hide and fur.

I’m from coastal Carolinas, both Wilmington & Myrtle Beach and lived in some inland towns while in school a long time ago. Yes it gets hot there however, I have never felt heat like Houston has in my life! Left MB in middle of 2016 and we went north of Greenbay WI and I loved it. I figure since God has a sense of humor he decided to take us from the coldest place I’ve ever been to the hottest place. It may get this hot in Africa I don’t know never been but this heat to me is incredible.
    deadguy likes this.
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

Quote Originally Posted by ugh762x39 View Post
    But..., but..., It’s a DRY heat.
    You got Houston mixed up with somewhere else, nothing dry about this heat you will get soaked in minutes the humidity is so high. Everything in Texas is bigger, including the mosquitoes
    “FIRST DO NO HARM”, The forgotten creed and a profession that is licensed to kill by our government.

UDC member
    Independent voter [earn my vote Bubba!]

How hot is hell?

Well, we'll find out once the Senate reconvenes.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links