How hot actually, is hell?

This is a discussion on How hot actually, is hell? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Dang, just counted FIVE days of 100 (f) here with two of 99 on each side and they havenít even added heat index yet! ďHouston, ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree149Likes

Thread: How hot actually, is hell?

Dang, just counted FIVE days of 100 (f) here with two of 99 on each side and they havenít even added heat index yet! ďHouston, I believe we have a problemĒ

Amazing, God will get you for complaining if things are to hot or to cold. After all is said and done Iíll never complain about heat again.

....for 40 years...around and around thee mountain they went...living on manna day after day...
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

Senior Moderator
    Wichita Kansas had a summer with a series of 100 F days in 1980. 18 days straight. But for one day at 98 F, 1980 would have set a record of 27 days straight. A miserable summer with a 5-6 month old baby that was colicky.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Sounds like global warming. Maybe AOC needs to take action.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

VIP Member
    All caused by Trump......errr....Reagan....same thing.
    Sister, G26Raven, OldChap and 2 others like this.
    NRA Life Member - Member GA Carry Organization

flh
    It's 73 here , windows are open a slight breeze

If it is ever your misfortune to be attacked, alertness will have given you a little warning, decisiveness will have given you a proper course to pursue, and if that course is to counterattack, carry it out with everything you've got! Be indignant. Be angry. Be aggressive.

Jeff Cooper

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    Thanks for rubbing it in Noo Yawker!
    Lets talk again in January/February.
    Sister, msgt/ret, flh and 4 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post

You have no idea how envious we are. 2-3 more years and weíre heading north. Folks here are real nice, it is the weather; I can't breath in heat like this going outside is out of the question. So humid youíll drown walking to the mail box lol.
    flh, OldChap, Poorly and 1 others like this.

Distinguished Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post

You have no idea how envious we are. 2-3 more years and weíre heading north. Folks here are real nice, it is the weather; I can't breath in heat like this going outside is out of the question. So humid youíll drown walking to the mail box lol.
    Sister, You will just trade being home bound for 2-3 months a year for heat.
    For being home bound for 3 months for the cold. Then throw in a couple of blizzards.
    As long as Texas stays Red, I do not want to live anywhere else. If I am forced out I will stay south of the Mason/Dixon

Quote Originally Posted by Damien83 View Post
    Sounds like global warming. Maybe AOC needs to take action.
    Yet they wonít speak about what happens at the end of the warming cycle. They canít make money off that.
    Read our government's plan to destroy the Constitution.
    https://sustainabledevelopment.un.or...ormingourworld

Quote Originally Posted by KILTED COWBOY View Post
    Sister, You will just trade being home bound for 2-3 months a year for heat.
    For being home bound for 3 months for the cold. Then throw in a couple of blizzards.
    As long as Texas stays Red, I do not want to live anywhere else. If I am forced out I will stay south of the Mason/Dixon

I would have agreed with you if we had not been moved to Wisconsin due to work a couple of years ago. Being from a hot area, coastal SC, I didnít think Iíd like the cold/snow. Fell in love with it, one of the BEST years of my life. -23 and 32 donít really feel any different to me cold is cold. We are not going that far north but will be looking in upper AR and MO in the near future to scout for land and retirement location

Texas is nice and so are the Carolinas where Iím from, CWOís from VA and that is a beautiful state however we did our homework and this is what we came up with. I want snow! There are also tax laws and land cost factored into decision making.

Iíve threatened to learn German and move us to the Czech Republic or Austria if the Red Flag law falls on this country! Trump really burnt me up this morning grrr...

[both countries are relatively gun friendly - forgot which one, but one allows fully auto!!!]

Been there. Spent the summer in the Mohave Desert. I repented and was released for good behavior.
    Sister, msgt/ret and OldChap like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

There are Seven Rings of Hell. Each one has it's own thermostat.
    Sister and Rock and Glock like this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

I can take the cold far better than the heat, with the cold you can always put on more clothing but in the heat you can only take off so much then they arrest you for indecent exposure.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    I can take the cold far better than the heat, with the cold you can always put on more clothing but in the heat you can only take off so much then they arrest you for indecent exposure.
    Somethings should never be seen in public!!!
    msgt/ret, OldChap, Sister and 1 others like this.
    Annoy a Liberal! Be Conservative and Live within Your Means!

Epstein Did Not Kill Himself!!

Odd one here for sure. I LOVE the heat, despise anything colder than 40F. Don't know why, but my comfort zone is around 100, but higher humidity does cause discomfort. It's 102 outside now, and I've been washing the gater and tractor - hot yes, but nice. Maybe it's just prep for what's waiting for me on the other side.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links