Sweet - Page 2

Sweet

This is a discussion on Sweet within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by OldVet The Pacer was actually a good car . . . if you didn't mind the oversized door ripping the hinges out ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 33
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Sweet

  1. #16
    VIP Member Array Cornhusker95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,176
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The Pacer was actually a good car . . . if you didn't mind the oversized door ripping the hinges out of the door frame on occasion. Visibility was something current car makers can only dream of.

    And no.

    https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/fi...-window-handle
    Sure it was...Big success right there

  2. #17
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    31,414
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Sure it was...Big success right there
    What would a Cornhusker fan know?
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  3. #18
    VIP Member Array Cornhusker95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,176
    [QUOTE=OldVet;7748266]What would a Cornhusker fan know?[/QU

    Clearly more than you about football and cars

  4. #19
    VIP Member Array OldVet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    The Florida Twilight Zone
    Posts
    31,414
    [QUOTE=Cornhusker95;7748272]
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    What would a Cornhusker fan know?[/QU

    Clearly more than you about football and cars
    Nebraska 2018 - 4-8. What's to know...
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

  5. #20
    VIP Member Array Cornhusker95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,176
    [QUOTE=OldVet;7748292]
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post

    Nebraska 2018 - 4-8. What's to know...
    Any predictions on 2019...Not just Nebraska...Any team?
    What are the top programs in all time wins?
    Top programs in Academic all Americans?
    Most consecutive sellouts?

    I am going with 9-4..10-3 for Nebraska....

  6. #21
    VIP Member Array Cornhusker95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,176
    All this from a car wrapped in Husker garb...I love it....GBR BABY!

  7. #22
    VIP Member Array Cornhusker95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,176
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    The Pacer was actually a good car . . . if you didn't mind the oversized door ripping the hinges out of the door frame on occasion. Visibility was something current car makers can only dream of.

    Pretty quick off the line too.
    Attachment 300270

    And no.

    https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/fi...-window-handle
    LOL...Good stuff....Prolly a Chevy power plant and Ford 9 Inch rear end

  8. #23
    Member Array Damien83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    61
    I see the Huskers going 8-5 possibly 9-4. It all depends. Helps when the big boys (OSU, Iowa and Wisc) have to come to Lincoln to play. Missing having to play Mich, Penn St and Mich St helps tremendously. But, do not expect another UCF gem to happen.

    Major questions at RB and WR. Can Frost find someone beside Spielman to stretch the field to get a decent running game going? If so, Mills could explode. Martinez is an exciting player and everyone knows he can make plays. That is until he's hurried or frustrated. Defensively, allowing 5 yds a carry and allowing over 200 yds a game needs attention. I'll go ahead and warn you about that Colorado game. The Buffs are very underrated this yr and not getting too much love with what they have coming back. That game could result in some Nebraska fans to be put on suicide watch.

    Just my .02.
    Cornhusker95, Risasi and Poorly like this.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

  9. #24
    VIP Member Array Cornhusker95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Damien83 View Post
    I see the Huskers going 8-5 possibly 9-4. It all depends. Helps when the big boys (OSU, Iowa and Wisc) have to come to Lincoln to play. Missing having to play Mich, Penn St and Mich St helps tremendously. But, do not expect another UCF gem to happen.

    Major questions at RB and WR. Can Frost find someone beside Spielman to stretch the field to get a decent running game going? If so, Mills could explode. Martinez is an exciting player and everyone knows he can make plays. That is until he's hurried or frustrated. Defensively, allowing 5 yds a carry and allowing over 200 yds a game needs attention. I'll go ahead and warn you about that Colorado game. The Buffs are very underrated this yr and not getting too much love with what they have coming back. That game could result in some Nebraska fans to be put on suicide watch.

    Just my .02.
    Sounds fair...But the running back stable is pretty loaded with guys who can catch ball out of the backfield and TE Jack Stoll is gonna help in passing game.
    The defense scares me...Mo Barry is the only real stand out i have seen up close.

  10. #25
    Senior Member Array Risasi's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Great Plains
    Posts
    614
    Frost is a good move. He'll get there eventually...if they give him enough time. That was the mistake they made with Solich. Frank was just figuring out that he wasn't Tom Osborne. Another couple of years of Solich and the early 2000's would have been a different decade, I think.

  11. #26
    VIP Member
    Array ShooterGranny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Southeast USA
    Posts
    6,607
    Quote Originally Posted by OldVet View Post
    Whoever wrote that web page definitely did not have English as a first, second or even third language! The first paragraph will have you either ROFL or give you a headache, depending on how seriously you take the use of language on line.
    Rock and Glock and M1911A1 like this.
    Getting old was not on my list of "things to do" in the Golden Years!

    ==================
    Talking to each other here is good, but taking action is better.

  12. #27
    VIP Member Array Cornhusker95's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    2,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Risasi View Post
    Frost is a good move. He'll get there eventually...if they give him enough time. That was the mistake they made with Solich. Frank was just figuring out that he wasn't Tom Osborne. Another couple of years of Solich and the early 2000's would have been a different decade, I think.
    Frankie Knows his stuff...He got a raw deal from a AD that wasn't very smart.

  13. #28
    Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    SW MN
    Posts
    1,359
    Quote Originally Posted by flh View Post
    My ride
    That would give me claustrophobia!
    I've had shoe boxes bigger than that.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

  14. #29
    Distinguished Member Array Shootnlead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Southeast GA
    Posts
    1,537
    Sweet-opera-snapshot_2019-08-13_160712_www.facebook.com.png
    OldVet likes this.
    “The everyday man who holsters a handgun for come-what-may eventualities cannot improve on a .44 Special revolver.” Skeeter Skelton

  15. #30
    VIP Member Array craze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    2,116
    Here's my vehicle with all my favorite sports teams.
    "Some people go to bed with Lucifer..........then cry, cry, cry when they don't greet the day with God."

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •