Texas man put in jail for licking ice cream - Page 2

Texas man put in jail for licking ice cream

This is a discussion on Texas man put in jail for licking ice cream within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Geezer Six months and total reimbursement might make the creature think twice about his stupidity. The companies involved should do a civil ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree60Likes

Thread: Texas man put in jail for licking ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    Six months and total reimbursement might make the creature think twice about his stupidity.
    The companies involved should do a civil suit for damages, IMO.

Since the clown is likely unable to afford the cost of the losses involved, they could possibly settle out of court for a wickedly embarrassing follow up (viral?) video so bad that nobody else wants to be "that guy."
    Ride hard, shoot straight, always speak the truth

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    https://www.foxnews.com/food-drink/b...-licker-jailed

Seems that Walmart attracts a lot of whackos. I'm surprised that this doesn't happen in California. Next, they'll be totally wrapping up ice cream to try to prevent this situations. Until then, I'll have to watch out for this because it probably happens at other stores.
    The reason you don't see it here in CA is they are already required to put a tamper resistant seal around the lid. We do that instead of beating the snot out of people who tamper with our ice cream. DR

Distinguished Member Array NECCdude's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    The reason you don't see it here in CA is they are already required to put a tamper resistant seal around the lid. We do that instead of beating the snot out of people who tamper with our ice cream. DR
    Apparently, CA has some good ideas. But, it probably increases the cost of the ice cream.
    dangerranger likes this.
    Member NRA, SAF, GOA, NFOA, USCCA

Microwave radio technicians are fully deviated.

Quote Originally Posted by NECCdude View Post
    One can dream of doing such a thing but carrying it out will get one in trouble.
    He was holding that carton of ice cream in a threatening manner, and I felt I was in imminent danger of great bodily harm
    NECCdude, M1911A1 and OldVet like this.

Distinguished Member Array 1MoreFord's Avatar
    When I was a little kid my parents and I watched a couple taste testing pancake syrup in the store, so this isn't a new idea.

Looks like we now need to have tamper proof ice cream packaging.
    NECCdude likes this.
    Joe

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Can't you get charged with assault for spitting on someone? I see no difference in this. Actually it's worse than spitting IMO. With direct mouth to mouth contact through eating he could pass someone a disease.

Texas man put in jail for licking ice cream

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    Can't you get charged with assault for spitting on someone? I see no difference in this. Actually it's worse than spitting IMO. With direct mouth to mouth contact through eating he could pass someone a disease.
    An assault charge would probably require proof someone else consumed the product or leaving it behind like a booby trap. IIRC he purchased the product he contaminated immediately after filming the social media video.

The store didnít know this at first and pulled all product based on the social media video; later review of security cams revealed he bought the ice cream.

So no other customer ate the ice cream. The primary damage was to consumer trust in the product and the cost of destroying a bunch of product to ensure public safety.
    M1911A1 likes this.

Distinguished Member Array Novarider's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by graydude View Post
    An assault charge would probably require proof someone else consumed the product or leaving it behind like a booby trap. IIRC he purchased the product he contaminated immediately after filming the social media video.

The store didnít know this at first and pulled all product based on the social media video; later review of security cams revealed he bought the ice cream.

So no other customer ate the ice cream. The primary damage was to consumer trust in the product and the cost of destroying a bunch of product to ensure public safety.
    How can he be charged with a crime if he purchased it?

Quote Originally Posted by Novarider View Post
    How can he be charged with a crime if he purchased it?
    Iíll leave that to the lawyers to answer.

He should have to eat ice cream continuously until he develops terminal ice-cream headache.
    M1911A1 likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

This is the second time itís happened to the same brand of ice cream. They wrap their other ice cream why canít they put a seal on the half gallon like other companies do? Itís not expensive. Iím surprised they didnít put a seal on it after the first time it happened? Heck, small yogurt containers are sealed why canít they do it? I get Bryers, just a simple strip of plastic tells me it hasnít been opened.

Yes itís good this idiot went to jail, but Iím glad I donít own stock in that ice cream company since they let it happen twice.

+ 10 for Bryers and Blue Bunny, both sealed!
    Trust God always in every thing you do 🙏

UDC member, Rebels with a cause.

EPSTEIN DIDNíT KILL HIMSELF

He wants someone to eat ice cream he licked.
    Appropriate punishment (not limited to) would be having to eat ice cream that has been licked, a police dog could do the honor of getting it ready.
    Video the offender eating the dog licked ice cream and post video on police dept. social media.
    KILTED COWBOY likes this.
    I'm not inclined to disarm for a concert, game, (entertainment) and I ain't going on a plane or cruise.
    "Wouldn't want to or Nobody volunteer to" get shot by _____ is not indicative of quickly incapacitating.

Administrator
    Will humans ever run out of creative ways to be completely disgusting whack job misfits?
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    Will humans ever run out of creative ways to be completely disgusting whack job misfits?
    Most probably, not.
    It's part of our charm.

As The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy reviews us, we're "mostly harmless."
    Steve
    Retired Leathersmith and Practical Shooter

"Qui desiderat pacem, prśparet bellum."

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dangerranger View Post
    But in Texas we like "beating the snot" out of people who tamper with our ice cream.
    dangerranger and M1911A1 like this.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links