Gold Star On Your DL? - Page 3

Gold Star On Your DL?

This is a discussion on Gold Star On Your DL? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by CWOUSCG Maybe we could wear a star on our shirt, that way the police would know we're OK. That idea was implemented ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: Gold Star On Your DL?

Quote Originally Posted by CWOUSCG View Post
    Maybe we could wear a star on our shirt, that way the police would know we're OK.
    That idea was implemented eighty or so years ago. You werenít considered ďOKĒ back then.
    msgt/ret, CWOUSCG and baren like this.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by CrabbyOldGuy View Post
    I find it odd that our ids are real ID compliant. Or, rather were. But, now we have to get new ones with an icon and have to bring all the supporting docs and pay more fees. I mean, if itís an ID, why does the issuer not accept it?
    Ohio doesnít charge extra for the compliant license - and you donít have to get it if you donít want to.

Never let anything mechanical know that you're in a hurry.

My Mississippi license issued in January of 2018 does have several gold stars when the light hits it just right.
    My wife's issued in 2017 does not.

Acording to: http://www.tsa.gov/sites/default/fil..._factsheet.pdf any of the below

Gold star
    Black star
    Star cutout in gold circle
    Star cutout in black circle
    Star cutout in gold grizzy bear
    are all good.

Generally, a star indicates itís a REAL ID

(Good article at: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Real_ID_Act )
    Monte

"I'll huff and I'll puff ...woah! Nice shotgun. Umm. Look at the time! Should have been home hours ago! Wife will be frantic. Nice meeting you. Bye, bye now!"

By golly OldChap, I never noticed that little gold star on my Texas DL. Yep, it's there. Now I know why. Thanks for the info.
    baren likes this.

I'm going to have gold stars on ALL the cards in my wallet and a few on my pelican cases so they'll go through TSA faster too!

https://www.officedepot.com/a/produc...-Gold-Sparkle/
    msgt/ret and rotorhead1026 like this.
    North Carolina Concealed Handgun Permit Instructor
    NRA Personal Protection and Basic Pistol Instructor

Administrator
    It's facial recognition I.D. Real I.D.
    You're in the facial recognition national database.
    It's the wave of the future.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Distinguished Member Array StripesDude's Avatar
    I received a letter from the state that I need to go in and get a new license. Canít renew online this time. Texas is awful at this - Iím looking at a process that will take all day at the DMV.
    KILTED COWBOY likes this.

It worked for Hitler.
    PhaedrusIV likes this.
    " Blessed is that man, who when facing death, thinks only of his front sight.Ē
    -Jeff Cooper

ď Looking around doesnít cost you anything; and itís a healthy habitĒ
    -Joe Foss

I told them I'll fly with you if I can drive - which one of these levers makes it go faster??
    baren likes this.

I live in CA, do not have the gold star and canít buy ammo. I also have a CCW that took a year, two interviews with a detective, background check by sherif, FBI, Ca doj, lifescan or whatever that was, etc.. jump through hoops at renewals...and canít buy ammo?? Iím an honest, hardworking, red blooded American, and I have reached my limit. Iím not going to be getting a gold star anytime soon. Whatís next, a tattoo on your wrist, a mark on your forehead, a chip?

Administrator
    They have remote iris scanning now and your unique cast shadow can on the ground can be read from the sky.
    The chip and the "mark of the beast" is way obsolete technology.
    We're long past due for a Bible update.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by Iljunglebob View Post
    No star on my Illinois DL either. My Illinois CC License has the state police logo on it that has an eagle though. It seems interesting that the state of Illinois doesn't accept an IL CCL as ID. Speaking of CCLs does any state issue one without a picture on it like PA used to? When I got my first drivers license in 1965 in Wisconsin it had no picture on it.
    When I was in high school (Kansas) drivers licenses had no photos. Only acceptable ID for beer or liquor purchases was a draft card (no photo either, but a really elaborate rubber stamp).

I switched high schools to another with a printing shop. Ran off blank draft cards by the hundreds. Made a very good forgery of the selective service board rubber stamp. Sold them by the dozen to bar and nightclub owners who then resold them to customers in need of "real ID".

I suspect that whatever "real ID" ideas they come up with there will be a few forgeries appear quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by bullet183 View Post
    I live in CA, do not have the gold star and canít buy ammo. I also have a CCW that took a year, two interviews with a detective, background check by sherif, FBI, Ca doj, lifescan or whatever that was, etc.. jump through hoops at renewals...and canít buy ammo?? Iím an honest, hardworking, red blooded American, and I have reached my limit. Iím not going to be getting a gold star anytime soon. Whatís next, a tattoo on your wrist, a mark on your forehead, a chip?
    Lots of things you could do (tattoo, mark on forehead, a chip), but much easier to just move back to America and leave California in the rear view mirror.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    That is correct. If I flew any, I would spend the $100 for the Trusted Traveler ID, but I don't. And yes, you will need an approved federal identification after the effective date.

If only one needed some kind of real ID to vote. In most places one needn't even be alive to vote for candidates of a certain party.
    ^^^ this ^^^

(sorry, Steve - you beat me to it by more than 24 hours. YOU win !)
    Rockymonster and OldChap like this.
    - testing was halted after a brief kinetic episode -

Quote Originally Posted by OldChap View Post
    I just saw this about your driver's license having a gold star on it in accordance with a new federal requirement.

https://www.dps.texas.gov/DriverLice...lRealIdAct.htm

I just checked mine and Mrs OldChap's and lo and behold, we both have gold stars. I wonder if we'll be able to thumb our noses at TSA in 2020?

NOTE TO SELF: Neither one of us fly....but ohhhh the delicious thought!!!
    Actually, the star card is a great idea for more secure air travel; and, as some suggest above, voting privileges should be at least as secure.
    OldVet, msgt/ret, baren and 2 others like this.
    Armed And Harmless
    ----
    Never give in--never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty, never give in except to convictions of honour and good sense. Never yield to force; never yield to the apparently overwhelming might of the enemy.
    - - Sir Winston Churchill, 1941

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links