Gold Star On Your DL? - Page 4

Gold Star On Your DL?

This is a discussion on Gold Star On Your DL? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Star or no Star, just our government doing "something " to make you feel safe. After getting to the airport 2 hours early, getting on ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4
Like Tree143Likes

Thread: Gold Star On Your DL?

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    Star or no Star, just our government doing "something " to make you feel safe.
    After getting to the airport 2 hours early, getting on a long security line. Taking off my boots, belt and all items in my pocket.
    Going into that body scan machine. Then putting your clothes back on having some guy with a badge man handle my Resistol.
    Flying is more of a chore. I remember when flying was an enjoyable experience. I drive whenever I can.
    Havok likes this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retired badge 1 View Post
    When I was in high school (Kansas) drivers licenses had no photos. Only acceptable ID for beer or liquor purchases was a draft card (no photo either, but a really elaborate rubber stamp).

I switched high schools to another with a printing shop. Ran off blank draft cards by the hundreds. Made a very good forgery of the selective service board rubber stamp. Sold them by the dozen to bar and nightclub owners who then resold them to customers in need of "real ID".

I suspect that whatever "real ID" ideas they come up with there will be a few forgeries appear quickly.
    ďWhat man can create.....man can duplicate....Ē
    OldVet and msgt/ret like this.
    "Once that bell rings, you're on your own. It's just you and the other guy.Ē - Joe Lewis

ďIím not obsessive about cleaning my guns. I like them like my martinis and my women....a Ďlittleí dirty.....Ē

Member: GOA, SAF

Quote Originally Posted by DZUS View Post
    Actually, the star card is a great idea for more secure air travel; and, as some suggest above, voting privileges should be at least as secure.
    I donít really understand the importance of it myself. Someone buys a plane ticket, they fly. It should be no different than taking a bus, train, or taxi.
    We get the government we deserve.

You should need a star on your DL to vote. Driver licenses are forged but the real ID may be a little harder to do so. I am not a fan of this system. At my age I really do not give a --- anymore. What will we do when Trump is gone and the left takes over??? Again I am getting to old to care.
    KILTED COWBOY likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bullet183 View Post
    I live in CA, do not have the gold star and canít buy ammo. I also have a CCW that took a year, two interviews with a detective, background check by sherif, FBI, Ca doj, lifescan or whatever that was, etc.. jump through hoops at renewals...and canít buy ammo?? Iím an honest, hardworking, red blooded American, and I have reached my limit. Iím not going to be getting a gold star anytime soon. Whatís next, a tattoo on your wrist, a mark on your forehead, a chip?
    Typically. CA is on a probationary list. They have a number of issues to fix before they can issue the gold star licenses. And just as predictably, the feds will allow CA residents to continue flying AFTER the rest of the country must produce the Real ID to fly on domestic flights.

It is such a great thing I have not been elected POTUS. I would make some immediate...uhhh...adjustments in federal funding and other essentials to CA. Maybe they could chip in the salaries they pay state employees and politicians to make up for the shortfall.

I really feel for all you good folks living in that mess.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

Quote Originally Posted by Havok View Post
    I donít really understand the importance of it myself. Someone buys a plane ticket, they fly. It should be no different than taking a bus, train, or taxi.
    That's next...
    Havok likes this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Quote Originally Posted by bullet183 View Post
    Iím not going to be getting a gold star anytime soon.
    May not be your choice. Next time you go to renew your DL you'll need certified birth certificate, a dozen bill statements showing current address, 25 notarized witness statements saying they've known you for no less than 25 years and verify you live at your address, six photo IDs verifying you are you, and your momma's DNS to prove you're hers. Otherwise . . . no DL.

Ain't life grand?
    msgt/ret and bullet183 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Curmudgeon on the loose.
    Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your life it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... Buffalo Springfield - For What It's Worth

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Sponsored Links