I have a plan

I have a plan

This is a discussion on I have a plan within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; 3 teams comprised of 5 men. 1 team to each of these cities--SF; Portland; Baltimore Teams wade through antifa riots wearing their garb [ masks/kerchiefs ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree100Likes

Thread: I have a plan

I have a plan

3 teams comprised of 5 men. 1 team to each of these cities--SF; Portland; Baltimore

Teams wade through antifa riots wearing their garb [ masks/kerchiefs etc ] noting the 2 worst case offenders assaulting others. That information is passed to the other two on the sidelines who keep their distance during but are tasked with following those 2 people until it's determined where they live, work [ if they work ], what they drive, etc.

Post their faces, where they live, where they work, what they drive, pics of their parents on social media under a false FB/twitter accounts etc. They don't want anyone to know who they are while rioting for a reason.

There's more to the plan but we'll save that for PM's

Senior Member Array KILTED COWBOY's Avatar
    I will pass.
    I generally do not go out of my way looking for trouble. it usually finds me without trying.

Brother @AzQkr I could think of any number of ways to break forum rules here. so I will abstain from much comment. If I had a dog, I would describe my thoughts to him/her.
    "The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has limits."

My avatar is of Princess. We lost her after many years. Her little sweater says, "Meet me under the Misltletoe."

One of the corollaries to Murphy's Law: Every man has a plan that will not work...

My view of Antifa is that they are a disorganized rabble who live in their parents' basements. I'm much more worried about white supremacists, drug gangs like MS-13 and radical Islamists.

At this point, and it may change with the situation, Antifa is just an annoyance for most people. People who don't go looking for trouble with them don't wind up in trouble with them. When they pull their stunts, it is actually a gift to the right politically, in terms of the perceptions of swing voters. When they commit crimes, it is LE's job to deal with. If LE isn't doing it, political pressure needs to be brought to bear to make LE do its job.

I think some sort of retaliation is exactly what Antifa is hoping for right now. That would stir up their sympathizers, swell their ranks and donations and "justify" them escalating. They desperately want their opponents to act like fascists so they can say, "I told you so."
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

So the plan is to dox someone? LOL

That's supposedly already being done by the Proud Boys. Yet, I have yet to see anything that supports their claim.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Distinguished Member Array Rabbit212's Avatar
    I'll pass.
    gatorbait51 and OldChap like this.
    Those are my principles, and if you don't like them.....well, I have others.

Quote Originally Posted by Damien83 View Post
    So the plan is to dox someone? LOL

That's supposedly already being done by the Proud Boys. Yet, I have yet to see anything that supports their claim.
    What is dox?

The plan is to identify them at the event violating law/s and discover where and who they domicile with; get pictures of them/family members without the masks on; what they drive and paste it all over social media. IOW, from now on they can run but they can't hide.

Take them from unknown to known atifa's with documentation they were violating laws assaulting people unprovoked. With enough exposure on social media, law enforcement may have to actually arrest and not just stand by and watch.

@AzQkr : What you are describing is a form of what is now called "doxing." If they have committed a crime and you witnessed it and know where they live, call the police tip line and tell the cops. Putting it on social media is one of Antifa's tactics.

I don't support the doxing thing for any purpose I can think of. What's the purpose? To get people harassed in their homes? I wouldn't want Antifa doing that to me, so I'm not going to do it to them. I have to think about how I'd feel if because I dox'ed someone's home address, some "Proud Boy" nut job got liquored up and threw a Molotov cocktail through their front window and an innocent person got burned or killed. Also, you corner someone and make them feel afraid in their homes and they may well lash out and the situation just escalates. I'm all for fighting hard and even fighting dirty, if it's called for. But if we violate fundamental principles of decency, we are no better than they are.
    cal44 likes this.
    Attack Squadron 65 "Tigers", USS Eisenhower '80 - '83, peackeeping w/Iran, Libya, Lebanon and E. Europe

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    I don't support the doxing thing for any purpose I can think of. What's the purpose? To get people harassed in their homes? I wouldn't want Antifa doing that to me, so I'm not going to do it to them. I have to think about how I'd feel if because I dox'ed someone's home address, some "Proud Boy" nut job got liquored up and threw a Molotov cocktail through their front window and an innocent person got burned or killed. Also, you corner someone and make them feel afraid in their homes and they may well lash out and the situation just escalates. I'm all for fighting hard and even fighting dirty, if it's called for. But if we violate fundamental principles of decency, we are no better than they are.
    Documenting their actions, documenting who they are, where they live etc isn't a violation of decency. Hell I made a profession out of it for near 3 decades through a license the state issued me.

Calling a tip hot line, the leo's have to do more legwork and that's unlikely to happen or it would be happening by leo's assigned to find out who these turds are.
    airslot likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AzQkr View Post
    What is dox?
    I had to Google it:

Definition of dox
    slang : to publicly identify or publish private information about (someone) especially as a form of punishment or revenge
    AzQkr and airslot like this.
    ”One loves to possess arms, though they hope never to have occasion for them.”
    ~Thomas Jefferson

"Carry your gun - it's a lighter burden than regret."
    ~Breda

Documenting their actions, documenting who they are, where they live etc isn't a violation of decency. Hell I made a profession out of it for near 3 decades through a license the state issued me. .
    But that is the difference, you were acting as LE and handling it through the justice system, by the law, I hope. It's the putting it on social media that crosses the line. That makes them target of potentially lethal nut jobs.
    M1911A1 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by DJC7 View Post
    I had to Google it:

Definition of dox
    slang : to publicly identify or publish private information about (someone) especially as a form of punishment or revenge
    I'd never heard of that, interesting. It can be a very effective strategy.

Quote Originally Posted by jmf552 View Post
    But that is the difference, you were acting as LE and handling it through the justice system, by the law, I hope. It's the putting it on social media that crosses the line. That makes them target of potentially lethal nut jobs.
    No sir, leo's aren't issued a license, PI's are. I'm not very concerned about their being targeted after being outed, to be quite frank.
    ddrew, Havok, StripesDude and 1 others like this.

No sir, leo's aren't issued a license, PI's are. I'm not very concerned about their being targeted after being outed, to be quite frank.
    Well then you are getting very close to vigilantism. You would at the very least, be enabling it. I would want nothing to do with it.
    M1911A1 likes this.

Good for the goose, good for the gander.

If you do unto others don't be surprised if they do unto you right back.
    Damien83, AzQkr and M1911A1 like this.
    Character is doing the right thing when nobody's looking. There are too many people who think that the only thing that's right is to get by, and the only thing that's wrong is to get caught. ~J.C. Watts

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links