College football - Page 3

College football

This is a discussion on College football within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Texas Red As you say, the Buffs aren't top tier, but they're solid and certainly a stronger opponent than S Bama was. ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: College football

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Red View Post
    As you say, the Buffs aren't top tier, but they're solid and certainly a stronger opponent than S Bama was. If the Huskers leave Boulder with a W, that'll be a good sign that they'll be competitive with the likes of Ohio St, Wisc and Iowa. All 3 of which look to be tough, even though they come to Lincoln.

Should be a fun season in the Big 10 west.
    Yes...Will be fun no matter what happens
    Texas Red likes this.

I have Colorado winning close 37-34.
    WebleyHunter likes this.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Senior Moderator
    Another Gator fan here!
    Proverbs 27:12 says: “The prudent see danger and take refuge, but the simple keep going and suffer for it.”

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by Damien83 View Post
    I have Colorado winning close 37-34.
    I am gonna say Nebraska 45 Colorado 34
    WebleyHunter likes this.

Howdy Cornhusker95!

Great guess on the Buff's score. Steven Montez is now 2-0 against Big Red!

Say thanks to all of your buddies for supporting our local economy this weekend.

It was sure fun listening to the crowd up here in the Boulder foothills.

I am glad the rivalry has been re-started!
    Enjoying my daily viewing of the "love has no labels" SJW clickbait on DC.com.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

When shopping at Walmart, remember that even serial killers need to buy toilet paper.

Loved watching Clemson curb stomp A&M. Only week 2 and that offense is looking amazing already. A&M was definitely not a number 12 or whatever team. I wish they would do away with preseason rankings.
    We get the government we deserve.

Heard some boosters are talking of canning Frost already. Uh oh.
    Whoever appeals to the law against his fellow man is either a fool or a coward. Whoever cannot take care of himself without that law is both. For a wounded man shall say to his assailant, "If I die, you are forgiven. If I live, I will kill you." Such is the Rule of Honor.

Heard some boosters are talking of canning Frost already. Uh oh.
    Frost isn't going anywhere... It is a process...It is only year 2 and he is eating a lot of groceries that he he didn't buy.
    Still a long way to go but i can see the difference already in guys left over from Mike Riley....You gotta do your best and roll
    with what you have until you get your own guys and then all bets are off....We hit year 3 or 4 and they they look like this way
    then the u haul may parked in his driveway.

Quote Originally Posted by WebleyHunter View Post
    Howdy Cornhusker95!

Great guess on the Buff's score. Steven Montez is now 2-0 against Big Red!

Say thanks to all of your buddies for supporting our local economy this weekend.

It was sure fun listening to the crowd up here in the Boulder foothills.

I am glad the rivalry has been re-started!
    We do travel well and i tip my hat to Colorado...They wanted it more and kept fighting.
    They deserved to win....But that was a poor display of home fans supporting their team.
    I hope their fans take notice and realize they have a good coach and guys that play hard
    and start hanging on to their tickets and supporting the team rather they are good or bad.
    WebleyHunter likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cornhusker95 View Post
    Frost isn't going anywhere... It is a process...It is only year 2 and he is eating a lot of groceries that he he didn't buy.
    Still a long way to go but i can see the difference already in guys left over from Mike Riley....You gotta do your best and roll
    with what you have until you get your own guys and then all bets are off....We hit year 3 or 4 and they they look like this way
    then the u haul may parked in his driveway.

I fully agree. It takes 3-4 yrs to fully establish your system and get your players in there to run it. Some boosters are grumbling already expecting what happened at UCF to happen this year. IMHO, Frost isn't on any kind of hot seat as opposed to say Pruitt at UT or Taggart at FSU. I think Moos will quell the boosters just long enough until maybe middle of next year if Frost doesn't start consistently winning. After that, all bets are off. Major money will make things happen. And I suspect they take a shot at luring Urban Liar out of retirement. If he isn't already coaching at USCw by next year.

I fully agree. It takes 3-4 yrs to fully establish your system and get your players in there to run it. Some boosters are grumbling already expecting what happened at UCF to happen this year. IMHO, Frost isn't on any kind of hot seat as opposed to say Pruitt at UT or Taggart at FSU. I think Moos will quell the boosters just long enough until maybe middle of next year if Frost doesn't start consistently winning. After that, all bets are off. Major money will make things happen. And I suspect they take a shot at luring Urban Liar out of retirement. If he isn't already coaching at USCw by next year.
    Agree...No guarantee Frost will get it done....Look at all the programs that fell on hard times and coaches they went through before getting
    back in the mix....Alabama...Oklahoma...Clemson come to mind...I leave Urban out of it because he never stays anywhere long.

Don't count the Aggies out yet, heck they were playing Clemson.
    Who can beat Clemson?
    Think they may go all the way again

I am fine with Clemson winning again. I like Trevor Lawrence.

Anything that pops the Alabama/SEC ego balloon is fine by me. I remember a couple of years ago that pundits wanted 2 of the 4 playoff slots to be automatic bids for SEC East and West champions because, well, they are the SEC.
    Havok likes this.
    Enjoying my daily viewing of the "love has no labels" SJW clickbait on DC.com.

Active Shooter Response- Assess the situation, Position yourself to gain tactical advantage, Engage perpetrator violently (APE).

When shopping at Walmart, remember that even serial killers need to buy toilet paper.

Clemson is good. No doubt about it. But, it's still way too early in the season. Anything can happen. I'm biased to the SEC ego. I mean the SEC is the best conference hands down!!

Clemson is good. No doubt about it. But, it's still way too early in the season. Anything can happen. I'm biased to the SEC ego. I mean the SEC is the best conference hands down!!
    I rarely see a team that looks great this early in the season. As long as they remain healthy, I doubt anyone will be able to touch them. As far as the SEC being the best, the conference as a whole has been severely overrated for several years. They now have the potential to be as good as people have been pretending they were, but we’ll see if they actually deliver.
    Damien83 likes this.
    We get the government we deserve.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links