We need some common sense bicycle control... - Page 3

We need some common sense bicycle control...

This is a discussion on We need some common sense bicycle control... within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Mike1956 Bicycles have the same rights of way as other vehicles on the roadway except where spefically prohibited by signage and/or law. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree92Likes

Thread: We need some common sense bicycle control...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike1956 View Post
    Bicycles have the same rights of way as other vehicles on the roadway except where spefically prohibited by signage and/or law. Sorry, but that's just how it is.
    Just this morning going to church, 2 lane county road, no shoulder and about 5 or 6 bicycles on the road. The speed limit is 45 mph and as I came closer they were going about 25 mph and would not single up one behind the other until traffic passed. The law is they shall not "impede" the flow of traffic. The laws are different in cities with bike lanes and some other areas. But where I live they do not have the same rights as motor vehicles and that's the way it's going to stay.

Self-Defense Education, Training & Legal Protection
    For Responsibly Armed Americans

David R

Well, I yield to bicycles and pedestrians regardless of laws or rules. Why, because, as Mike mentioned earlier, I'm not that guy.
    msgt/ret and Mike1956 like this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    Well, I yield to bicycles and pedestrians regardless of laws or rules. Why, because, as Mike mentioned earlier, I'm not that guy.
    Same here, besides I do not need a hood ornament.
    Sister, Doghandler and Mike1956 like this.
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."
    A 9MM MAY expand to .45 but a 45ACP will never shrink to 9MM.

You've never been to a large, family-type bicycling event, I'm guessing.

Well honestly, no. Never been to any bicycle event, however it sounds as exciting as a thumb tack collectors event but each to their own. If they are large, well this would make it easier to hide that tiny pointed bicycle seat huh?!
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

Quote Originally Posted by msgt/ret View Post
    Same here, besides I do not need a hood ornament.
    Hey, as a teenager we used a real 25lb opossum as a hood ornament on my friends red Camaro and it worked out great until we saw it was only playing opposing at 60 mph on the hood

It didn’t move when I picked it up by the tail, who’d have thunk.....

btw, the opossum did make it all the way to Wrightsville Beach NC on the hood and lived to tell about it 👍🏻
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Trust God.

What would happen if you put the same amount of trust in God that you do in the brakes on what your driving on the highways?

Think about it.

The law of three stupids doesn't apply only to personal security...
    In the cycling world, car back! has relative and real and important meaning to reasonably educated tourists, in any language - single file up!

Those pelotons of racers who will not yield during early season training rides that we sometimes run into come spring on county roads - they are there to test their ferosiousness and bravery and to announce to the world that racing season is right around the corner.
    Mike1956 likes this.
    There is a solution but we are not Jedi... not yet.
    Doghandler
    We have deep thinkers and stinkers in this group that could come up with a solution...
    welder516
    Buck the donkey

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by David R View Post
    Just this morning going to church, 2 lane county road, no shoulder and about 5 or 6 bicycles on the road. The speed limit is 45 mph and as I came closer they were going about 25 mph and would not single up one behind the other until traffic passed. The law is they shall not "impede" the flow of traffic. The laws are different in cities with bike lanes and some other areas. But where I live they do not have the same rights as motor vehicles and that's the way it's going to stay.
    They would have been violating traffic laws in Ohio, as well. With rights come responsibilities.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    "Stop being dangerous, and you become edible." William Aprill

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister View Post
    Well honestly, no. Never been to any bicycle event, however it sounds as exciting as a thumb tack collectors event but each to their own. If they are large, well this would make it easier to hide that tiny pointed bicycle seat huh?!
    The seats aren't really pointed.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doghandler View Post
    In the cycling world, car back! has relative and real and important meaning to reasonably educated tourists, in any language - single file up!

Those pelotons of racers who will not yield during early season training rides that we sometimes run into come spring on county roads - they are there to test their ferosiousness and bravery and to announce to the world that racing season is right around the corner.
    Jerks running a pace line at a family event or in spite of traffic are just that.
    msgt/ret and Doghandler like this.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Sponsored Links