Have any of you tried the Chinese ATV's?

This is a discussion on Have any of you tried the Chinese ATV's? within the Off Topic & Humor Discussion forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I'm looking for a light weight ATV that will fit in the truck bed while pulling a travel trailer. I looked at the three Japanese ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By Rock and Glock
  • 1 Post By TSKnight
  • 1 Post By Cornhusker95

Thread: Have any of you tried the Chinese ATV's?

I'm looking for a light weight ATV that will fit in the truck bed while pulling a travel trailer.
    I looked at the three Japanese makers and their smallest adult size are 400 cc's, and weigh over 600 lbs. I have found a couple of Chinese models [125 and 150 cc's] that are 280, and 300 lbs. I don't need a race bike, and jumping ditches is long in my past.
    Our grand daughter has one that all the Grands have ridden, It has held up pretty well. I have replaced a couple of battery's, and the chain. In 5 years that's about it.
    Have any of you tried them?

My other alternative is a vintage Honda 90 or 110 two wheeler.
    This would be to get me out to hunting areas. Dirt roads, pastures, easy trails, etc...

What do you think? DR

Senior Moderator
    The DW and I bought a Massimo Buck 400 this recent spring. We bought the 400 with a cargo bed. Hereís the deal. Wal*Mart had it drop shipped to us from Irving Texas on sale. A thousand less than any locals plus no sales tax or registration tax. It came with a windshield, a roof, mirrors , a winch, large tires, ready to drive. Very well equipped and appointed.

So far itís been great, except the instruction manual and shop manual are really horrid.

Iíve changed the oil once, and have about 200 or so miles on it, all easy. We use it for light duty - hauling water, hay, gear, tools and the like. No real off roading. I compare it to my Razr for thousands less.

Massimo
    RETSUPT99 and dangerranger like this.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ: Buy These Stickers Here

"If we suppose them sincere, we must pity their ignorance; if insincere, we must abhor the spirit of deception which it betrays." Alexander Hamilton

Distinguished Member Array TSKnight's Avatar
    I have a Honda ReconES 250cc that has been my feet around the farm for almost 20 years. Not too heavy at just over 400lbs. Has done everything from trail riding to pulling trailers.
    It is a 2 wheel drive with a solid axle, not as forgiving in mud and snow, but also light enough to float if you walk beside it and let it idle its way through.

The only experience I have with any cheaper ATV's is the neighbor that has an RPS 250 that his kids ride. He has it in the garage working on it almost as much as the kids ride it.
    Not sure if is the machine or how the kids treat it. His kids ride his CanAm Outlander just as hard and he hasn't had to repair anything that I know of.
    dangerranger likes this.
    Democracy:
    Two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
    Freedom:
    A well armed lamb contesting the vote.

Distinguished Member
    My local Chinese take out joint dos not a dish called ATVs.
    USMC 9/59 through 9/69
    Vietnam June Ď66 to February Ď68
    MOS: 4641, Combat Photographer

Memberships:
    Gun Owners of America
    Second Amendment Foundation
    Pennsylvania Firearms Owners Against Crime

Quote Originally Posted by 1942bull View Post
    My local Chinese take out joint dos not a dish called ATVs.
    he said ATV...Not cat
    TSKnight likes this.

Sponsored Links